Future of General Discussion forum

Discussion in 'Forum News / Announcements' started by Administrator, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

...you can NEVER leave!

(cue awesome guitar solo! :D)

2. Guest

Guest Guest

YKY, with all due respect and coming from someone who had a post count of over 7k previously here, all I can say is issue personal advice in measured amounts.

You're not saving the world here and chances are, if the message hits to close to home you'll be villified and ostrasized for it anyway.

'Education' of the masses for the most part is a lost cause anyway, with very little reward.

If you understand the fundamental arguements, you don't need to convince anyone else for any other reason than to engage in simple discussion for the sake of being social and sharing views with like minded people.

You know I'm very much an individual of conviction and self defined principle, but I know through harsh experience here not everyone is on the same page and for the most part, trying to stand for those values are likely to get as many slaps in the face as agreeing voices.

At the end of the day though, you throw yourself out there often enough you're more likely to cop a swift kick in the balls in thanks for the effort.

So my advice is to simply participate for your own reasons, not to give anything more other than what you wish to share for your own sake and self gratification.

I have been a prolific poster in the past here on SS mate and I can tell you straight up, it's mostly better to simply go for quality than quantity where you can, lest whatever you do have to say simply get lost in 'white noise'.

3. Smoothcriminal

Smoothcriminal New Member Silver Stacker

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piW9MHpfCu4&feature=related[/youtube]

4. Ozboy

Ozboy Active Member

True. but the point being made ( perhaps badly) was that it is viewed by mohamads followers that anything he did should be emulated, as he was, according to him, " the worlds only perfect man". The fact that it was acceptable to commit whatis now considered pedophilia is a cause for concern, given what the implications are. I wont go into the verse of the sword ( thucy can explain that) and I won't go into the fact that Islam isn't a religion .... we could go on here for ages on that one.
    So, the question still kind of unanswered. Given that there are those that will use the " I'm offended by that" as an excuse as opposed to a reason to stifle any debate or examination of issues that are uncomfortable to them ( and the truth has a way of being that, doesn't it thucy?) where do we draw the line. I went for what could be proven as the truth .... seems I was wrong.

5. RhythmDoctor

RhythmDoctor Active Member

... and yet again - you raise the issue.

Your way out of line here - you've been told explicitly by the site admin for this - and had it explained that this forum is NOT the place for such issues (its even in the quote above for pete's sake!) and then actually continue to raise it.

Either you have very little comprehension of the site admin (and many other members') line on this or you are continuing to ram home the point without a care.

I couldn't care either way - I'm in complete agreement with GP - this forum has absolutely NO place for religious discussion whatsoever.

Edit: forgot to mention - post reported... obviously. I find it offensive, divisive and also see that it was wrote with blatant intent to provoke a member here.

6. Mud Gecko

Mud Gecko Active Member Silver Stacker

7. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

Your way out of line? are you the new mod? oh no a pikey nazi :p:

8. RhythmDoctor

RhythmDoctor Active Member

Yep - way outta line - as I said no place for religious discussion here.

As for moderating - your havin a larf aint' ya? I live to shirk responsibility! :D

9. jpanggy

jpanggy Active Member

Yep, for one reason or another, it is best to leave religion out of these forums, out of topic, out of scope and just really wrong place.

I think politics and global warming needs to be left out too, too close to people's heart and mind and the point of views are too strong to discuss.

10. THUCYDIDES79

THUCYDIDES79 New Member Silver Stacker

:)

OK, OK

The prophet Mohamad pbuh NEVER married Aisha ra - no marriage ceremony took place !!

He received revelation that she is his wife ( at the time she was 9 or 10 yrs old ) HE HAD NO SAY IN IT - GOD MARRIED THEM IN HEAVEN - so, what followed thereafter is that Aisha ra STAYED AT HOME WITH HER PARENTS UNTIL SHE BECAME A WOMAN ( Until her monthly cycles started - probably around 14 yrs old) and then she joined the Prophets household.

The Qur'an is specific and FORBIDS PEDOPHILIA !
    And in Islam a girl becomes a woman when she starts getting her monthly cycles.

2ndly

Prophet Mohamad pbuh NEVER CLAIMED that he is 'the worlds only perfect man' - he is the most eminent of God's prophets and the Seal of Prophethood.

3rdly

You are correct about muslims trying to emulate the Prophet and the closer we get the more assured of heaven we would be.
    Just like in the time of Jesus pbuh the people were supposed to emulate him.
    and in the time of Moses pbuh the people were supposed to emulate him.
    and any other prophet of God.

4thly

Verses about the sword.

You are correct again - there are many such verses found in the Holy Book of Islam.
    Just like there are in both the New as well as the Old Testament.

Didnt Jesus say that he came here to bring the sword in one of the verses in the Gospel of Matthew ( i think its in GoM )
    Didnt the Children of Israel fight under prophets David, Joshua, Moses, etc

NOTHING WRONG WITH PICKING UP THE SWORD WHEN YOU ARE OPPRESSED ! SINCE IF YOU DO NOT YOU WILL BE EXTERMINATED.

5thly

As the Moderator and most of the membership of our lovely forum have indicated numerous times that the forum shouldnt be used for religious debate and/or clashes
    we should try and respect that.
    I however am very willing to discuss any of these issues with you or anyone else.

Infact, after i am done with this post i will send you a friendly PM and we can discuss any of these issues a little deeper.
    My intention is not to pick fights with anyone here, i have been a member for a bit more than 1 year and would like to continue being a member in the future as well,
    since i benefit from this membership and also feel that others benefit by me being a member.

I have been helpful to others, and i dont think that there are members here that will say otherwise.

However - if you or anyone else makes posts denigrating my religion, than i will try and do my best to defend it here in public space - even if it means
    that i get banned from this continent.

Because, when i read denigrating posts and i dont do anything about it, than when i go to bed i feel like a little worm.
    and i dont like feeling like a little worm.

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  11. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

wow, I just learned more about islam in 30 seconds than ever before

12. Guest

Guest Guest

@ Ozboy - I've said it before and I'll say it again...YOU'RE AN ARSE....now gtfo the subject of religion or just simply gtfo! :mad:

My apologies to GP, I am a straight talking sorta gal and I'm just basically putting in plain terms what everyone else is thinking.

You may view the wording of my opinion as being disrespectful towards Ozboy but I have seen him dish out enough disrespect about people's beliefs AND directly to individual members who are followers of those beliefs that I don't believe he is deserving of respect from me. _

13. hiho

ladybird you are a shower of beauty and greatness

14. Smoothcriminal

Smoothcriminal New Member Silver Stacker

Trolls - not always under bridges:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Guest

Guest Guest

:D What he said ^^^

On another site's forums I was the most prolific poster and a moderator for a wee while.

Not all my posts were of merit but I like to think I got my points across reasonably coherantly and concisely.

People will be more likely to 'read you' if you keep it short and to the point, so it is one's own best interests to do so.

16. Guest

Guest Guest

I am??!?! [​IMG]

Hmmm...not sure whether you were being a tad sarcastic there, Hiho! :lol:

17. hiho

yes I know honesty is a deadly weapon :p

18. Guest

Guest Guest

Ok Folks, time for a little light relief, methinks. :D

I fixed your youtube link, Smoothy, so folk can see what they're getting.

Now, click on that and imagine it's playing on the radio as you're cruising along an empty highway in Arizona or Nevada with the sun setting up ahead....and just feel the chill! :)

19. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

Well not everyone is thinking that .I wasnt. I thought ozboy was just trying to set the record straight on his comments.& without his comments we wouldnt have got thucys fine information so i have to disagree ladybird.I thought Ozboys post & Thucys reply was an example on how to debate a sensitive topic like religion. Nothing inflammatory whatsoever .

20. lucky luke

lucky luke Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Ozboys post had nothing whatsoever to do with being a fine example on how to debate a sensitive topic like religion.

Your post is a poor excuse in defence of the indefencible.

Thucys reply however was most insightful and respectful despite.