What a Coin!!! - Chariot - 2 Oz Silver Coin - Mint of Poland

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Slawek, Apr 4, 2019.

1. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

1. Have no idea who commissioned Chariot Silver Coin.

Should be European dealer.

2. Know 3oz Girl With Pearl Earrings is commissioned by Power Coin ( with CIT )

3. Heard Red Horse will be shipped by the end of May.

2. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Thanks JS. Are you sure it is a series...please say it ain’t so. Can you confirm 100%. Maybe you misunderstood? :D

Yes, I knew that about smartmosaic. I’m sure those too will start to pop up everywhere. I hope not, but hope is wishful thinking. I’m sure those too will eventually have all sorts of designs, perhaps including pooping, peeping and farting...BUT hopefully there is some sort of patent on the technology and only powecoin can sponsor them...but I’m sure they’ll milk them for all their worth too - this is a one and done set for me. 5 girls from famous paintings...

And thanks for letting me know. Whew. Hurry, hurry...get those out the door...lock the hatches...and get my money bolted down...before ‘lightening’ strikes. :confused:

3. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

4. barsenault

Lol. Thank you. Funny how none of the other dealers have ‘combat vehicles’ as a series, because they’re probably too embarrassed to list that...I mean, really...that’s just so silly. What will that include things like tanks? Oh, and do you notice how they never list how many they’re doing? Or very rarely? Because they want to try to extend it as long as possible...why not design a marketing plan like the Perth Mint...Series 1 (has 5 pieces)...and then come back perhaps and do a series 2 (5 pieces)...but no, they just leave it open ended...stupid

5. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

I doubt Gold Silver Coins is the dealer who commissioned this Chariot Coin. Therefore more info under coin’s description.

Different mints have different strategy on new coins.

RCM & Perth Mint create coins then distribute to their dealers. ( Mints have their own coin designing team )

Mint Of Poland let dealers to decide what to create. ( commissioned coin ). Every dealer invests and takes turn as a boss. More flexible that ordinary mint.

6. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

Royal Canadian Mint is a good example to milk its popular coins, once, twice, three times, etc............until whole RCM market collapses.

Therefore, I stopped buying RCM coin last year.

7. barsenault

Yes, the RCM is horrible. I don’t like them at all. They produce waaaaaay too many. And mintages are excessively high. I learn my lesson quick. Lol.

8. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

I think I have 1000+ RCM numismatic coins, bought from past 8 years.

95% depreciated more than 40%.

No more....... Enough for me.

9. barsenault

Wow! Man oh man, that sucks. You probably made up for your losses on getting the stuff from the Poland mint. Lol

10. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

Win or loss only on paper.

Not selling

11. barsenault

I get it but sure does give a little peace of mind knowing even on paper you have a gain....unless your Warren Buffet...are you him? Lol

12. barsenault

As you can see from the image it wasn’t designed as a series. This was sent to me by one of the largest dealers in Europe. And they said because of the interest of this, they turned it into a corny (my word) series!! So stupid. They should have kept it as a one off. My bet? close to 500 of these will flood the ebay market at once - minus yours and my friend who bought 7. So maybe 30 will be kept in strong hands and 470 will be dumped on the market at once. Lol. Just like the goddess #2. Combat vehicles? smh. Although, don’t get me wrong, for your sake and the sake of my friend...I hope the series is successful! :)

Attached Files:

13. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

From image that you uploaded.

Looks like there are 7 coins in this series.

Greece, Rome, Asia Minor, Iran, India and last one, China.

[​IMG]

14. barsenault

I wish theses mints would start highlighting how many in the series. I know it’s a dangerous game because what happens if it flops (stock-horses, Legends of Agard, Skulls, etc...). I think. Good number is 3-5. Anything more than that (other than the Lunar animal series), it’s dangerous.

15. Trinkets

Trinkets Active Member

I think the coin description is being misread. It is stating the chariot was the "tenor of many wars in Greece, Rome, Asia Minor, Iran, India, and China" meaning the chariot was used in these 6 nations. Not that there will be a chariot coin for each of these 6 nations. Also note there is no indicator of the nation on the reverse or an emblem of a "series" title, which if it was a "nation's chariot design" it would have (like the Gods coins, etc.).

The actual description goes on to say: " The dynamic battle scene depicted on the coin represents the beauty and power of the chariot." Meaning this coin is of the chariot specifically and not the first of many chariot coins. Also, every site has the same description: no one states it is the first of a series.

Not saying there won't be more, just stating I believe it was meant to be a one-off. If they make enough $$$ (which they aren't due to low sales) I'm sure they will milk it for something like "ancient battle vehicles."

16. barsenault

Indeed, I was thinking the same thing Trinket, but didn't want to get into argument. And you are EXACTLY right. It was DEF meant to be a one off...ZERO question about that...this coming from the head guy at a dealer in Europe...and he said the same thing: 'if it goes well (which he actually said it is, unfortunately), they will make it into a series..." I hope he is wrong, and they don't...but knowing how these things go...I think it will be, even if it flops!! $$$$$ = greed.

Look at the flops on the eBay link!! I need to add 'great commanders' to the list of series from the MoP. Talk about sucking wind...I'm now thinking about canceling my Chariot order. Actually, I can always send them back when I get them...I'm sure coinshoppe won't have any problem making a profit, they probably bought them for $50.00. Lol.

Check out the price for the Sumarai. Ouch.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=SPARTACUS+–+2017+2+OZ+PURE+SILVER+ULTRA+HIGH+RELIEF+COIN+–+NIUE+–+MINT+OF+POLAND&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&LH_Sold=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=29926-1834&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=200&LH_Complete=1&_fosrp=1

17. Trinkets

Trinkets Active Member

The Samurai was another one that was never a big seller. Still available everywhere, like poor Spartacus :)

18. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

Info on Chariot Silver Coin

[​IMG]

19. Trinkets

Trinkets Active Member

Interesting. gold-silber-coins.de is the only dealer listing it as a series. They even label the series as "Combat Vehicle Series." No one else is doing that. But my guess on the name wasn't far off, I said "ancient battle vehicles." Funny that they don't use that title on the current coin or packaging, which makes it sound like it probably was a last minute thing like Barsenault suggested.

20. barsenault

Oh, it was definitely a one off according to a dealer who deals with the Poland Mint regularly. He was the one who sent that PDF document to me and said, no mention of a series on that document, and typically, they list it. And he said, when they see something selling well, they turn on a dime and make it a series. Perhaps this company is the sponsor or knows the sponsor, and caught it before the pieces were being sold...I'm glad this is the first in the series, because I ain't touching (with a 10 foot pole) #2 and subsequent pieces...no chance in hell. Lol.