What a Coin!!! - Chariot - 2 Oz Silver Coin - Mint of Poland

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Slawek, Apr 4, 2019.

1. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Still much cheaper than a bitcoin. The problem with physical real objects is that people can assign a real value to it. In our minds, a modern 2oz silver coin should not be worth much more than $1xx however fantastic it is. A crypto on the other hand has no real value, so there’s no limit on how much it can be worth. A bitcoin can be worth 1 cent one day and 1 million another day and then 1 cent again.

kutylin likes this.
  2. Trinkets

Trinkets Active Member

I don't think it is strictly "in our minds" for a physical object. Part of it is market driven but a large part is common sense: we are talking about precious metals after all. For the MoP items, the massive inflation of pricing has nothing to do with anything beyond greed. Starting price of several hundred per OZ is ridiculous for silver unless it is a one-off. For mintages of 500 plus, it is not worth it. Then add onto that the way dealers are pricing them: list 2 items then sell out then add 2 more adding around $100 to last price, and repeat. It is an inflatable market. It isn't judged by the objects themselves, but by those raising the prices (typically it is the collectors that deem the re-sale value, but by the dealers/mints doing it they are pricing collectors out of the market and only hurting themselves - it is a business after all). It is their right to do so, but neither helps them or the collectors in the long run. Like what we have been talking about, it hurts the real collector market: the bubble will burst and it won't be just the collectors hurting. The dealers and mints will be impacted as well. It is shortsighted.

I still buy some high-priced items like I mentioned before, but it is rarer now and I am staying away from MoP due to the last fiascos. It isn't going to end well like barsenault and others have already mentioned.

It's funny, Ares was my first MoP and high-end coin. Paid $300 Canadian for it. I thought that was high at the time, but little did I know :)

kutylin likes this.
  3. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Ultimately the market dictates what the price of these will be...BUT, I've seen where the market deems something very valuable when they come out (skulls), and now you can't give them away (latest sale was $107.00). So, when the craze dies down, and there is a flood of these types in market (a matter of time before others join in on the fun), I think it will put the brakes the prices - and the dealers may feel the wrath of their customers. But hey, I hope for the sake who are buying at the lofty levels, they continue to go up in price. I don't wish harm on any series. I too think funny games are being played to inflate the prices of these things. 500 isn't a huge mintage, but it's not a tiny mintage either...and when you factor in 500 x's all the different types getting introduced...exhaustion will happen at some point...And then when you have #1 going for 2k, and people look at #3 in the series going for $400 (more or less), people who may like the series, will pass on it, because they will think, 'no chance for me to get #1, so forget it...and God only knows who is hoarding these pieces (and there are folks hoarding - I can assure you - and they are hoping they can control the price - tic doc - my bet is the floor will drop out)

kutylin likes this.
  4. SlyGuy

SlyGuy Active Member

A 'real user' who starts coin promo threads, posts promo links, etc? Simply look at his history of activity, especially threads started. He starts thread after thread about coins, many from the same websites.

That is not 'real user' activity. It is called affiliate marketing, man. They get a bit when people use the links they put up... probably more if people use the links and buy something. That's a spammer, through and through.

Try sending a PM to any spammer asking if you should buy the coin from their link or just Google it? You will see pretty fast how they operate... they will probably even send you a "special link" for asking, lol.

Those prices you see and drool over from eBay completed auctions probably aren't even real. In something with such low liquidity and volume, it would be pretty easy to make a few eBay accounts, do a "sale," and just cancel/refund it. There would be no fees on either side, yet it would show a coin selling for a high price. That is a pretty classic scam technique to inflate the price of collectibles (show what "similar" ones are for sale at or what they recently "sold" for. Buyer beware. If you are selling some of these, it would be interesting to see how you actually do... hope you'll report.

kutylin likes this.
  5. Trinkets

Trinkets Active Member

I think you may be reading too much into it. Just because someone may be a little too enthusiastic or too eager to jump the gun on posting something doesn't make them a spammer. On other sites I have posted direct links to coin stores as well to let people know about where they can buy them or where I have found something. Having dealt with justsilver on either sites, I don't take him as a spammer.

Either way, like the OP, whether I am interested in the coin or not (MoP), I am happy to see advance pictures. But I always make up my own mind in terms of buying.

I wouldn't mind seeing some real seller prices on the coins as well. In the least, it would be good to see how the MoP coins are doing over time (historically, I mean).

SlyGuy likes this.
  6. barsenault

Yeah, unfortunately, I have the goddess #2, Cronus Titans #1, and Dragons Red Coral, and I thought I was going to keep them longterm, but then when I saw what was happening, I'm like, I'm done, I'm selling everything and anything related to the MoP...just don't like what I see. As I said, I was tempted a few times to buy the Da Vinci (one off?) and even that Elephant one...and I just decided, not doing it...the starting price of those things for 2 oz are like almost 275 - 300. Just look at what's happening with the Dragon Red Coral. Lol. And it appears everyone and their brother is selling the Goddess #2. Lol. Who knows what the actual prices are for these things from the MoP are? I'm convinced a few folks have a huge hoard and they are controlling prices...as you know, when 1 pieces is sold the dealer bumps it by $50.00, then another sold, bump $100, then bump $100, etc...to give the appearance that 100 were sold at those prices, when in actuality 4 pieces were sold. Lol. And then they watch each other to see where they can introduce their prices at...I swear they think we're stupid...but we see who is pulling the levers behind the curtain. Lol.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
    kutylin likes this.
  7. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

Wow, just found out that someone accused me as a spammer now. lol.

Just because I like Mint Of Poland’s coins?

Or based on how many times I visit Silverstackers.com?

Please think twice before accusing someone else.

If someone think I am a spammer, show some evidences. Did I provided any promotional code to someone here?

Did I only link coins to just one website only?

Please be smart.

lol.

I am a long time member on another coin forum ( RFD ) for 6 years ( since 2012 ) and have 4,407 posts on coins from different mints.

So I am a spammer from whom? Mint? dealer? or CIA?

lol.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Slawek likes this.
  8. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

cracka stacka likes this.
  9. barsenault

Not that this means anything but I agree justsilver...no way you’re a spammer. I didn’t see where anyone accused you...too lazy to go back and search. I thought it was a mother poster that he was accusing? You should show the 10 White Horses that you have. Lol. Nice pics!

10. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

I started collecting Mint Of Poland’s coins when it was small brand.

My first Mint Of Poland’s coin, Trojan Horse.

[​IMG]where is closest chase bank

11. Trinkets

Trinkets Active Member

I'm on the fence on whether I will sell my MoPs. Those I have, I bought because I like: I'm a collector not a seller, so I have one of each of what I like (no interest in hoarding). I would not buy MoP in the current market ever again, but I still like what I have.

12. barsenault

Justsilver. Nice!! And kudos for having the foresight. However take a look at the the piece attached from the same series ($249.00 - AND can’t sell - lol - and I think it’s nice!!). This will happen to most of these IMHO, yes even to the Gods series. No one will buy #2, #3, etc...because these are collector coins...and collectors collect the sets...and collectors will pass on #1, which means they’ll pass on the set, UNTIL price comes down. I have the smartmosaic set (Venus/Mona Lisa). I got a good price on both before the Venus received the award...now those are crazy high. If the price of #3 is ridiculous, as much as I love this set, I will kiss it goodbye too. No one likes to get a bat up the kiesta...actually, some enjoy that pain...lol

Trinkets, yeah, the stuff I have, I like, but I’m selling because I don’t like what I’m hearing behind the scenes. But hey, I hope to the moon all these MOP pieces go!! :)

Attached Files:

13. SlyGuy

SlyGuy Active Member

1) Do you get any compensation or benefit from any of the many links and picture links which you post and discuss on this SS or other forums?
    (eg, paid per click on your links)

2) Do you have a marketing affiliation or any $ income from any mints, PM dealers, or other websites or companies or individuals related to coins?

...both are simply "yes" or "no" answer to the question.

barsenault likes this.
  14. barsenault

And only truth 'yes' or 'no' are allowed, please. Thank you.

15. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

What a simple questions.

lol.

1) Do you get any compensation or benefit from any of the many links and picture links which you post and discuss on this SS or other forums?
    (eg, paid per click on your links)

No.

2) Do you have a marketing affiliation or any $ income from any mints, PM dealers, or other websites or companies or individuals related to coins?

No.

I buy for personal collection. Only sold few pcs Perth Mint Zeus on Ebay years ago.

16. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

Barsenaut, talk about foresight.

lol.

[​IMG]

p.s. I do not chase over price coins. Buy only @ retail prices. Even if price drops in future, you won’t lose much.

17. barsenault

Kudos to you my friend. I knew the answers to your questions. Lol. You landed on a 'gold mine' with those Ares...for now. Lol. My guess maybe one day they'll go down to 400 - 600? That's my best guess...when interest wanes, which it will, and folks move on to the latest and greatest, which they will, and when folks get desperate they and will sell at any price. Lol. But heck, what do I know. I spoke with the folks who designs these pieces, and they too admit that those things are bubblicous...that will pop...when? God only knows...but 'when' is a certainty. :)

If I'm a betting man, which I am, I suspect you're not the only one holding 15 or more pieces of this series. I mean, really, these are nice, BUT not that nice!!! Not 2k nice...IMHO. What do you suspect will happen to prices when 15, 20, 30, 50 hit the market at once? Right now the folks are doing a good job controlling the flow of them into the market...when and if the floodgates open, look out below. Look at what coinshoppe did...they put a few of the Red Horses on the market (from what I understand, they are the sponsor), and then 1, and another, and each time they bumped the prices by $50.00, $100.00 at a shot, to give the appearance like these things were going out the door 100's at a time. Lol. I don't mean that as a slam against Coinshoppe. I buy from them. They've done no wrong to me. This is business, and I get it...it's just not how I would do business...but what do I know...I don't have a business. Lol. Again, my bet is this comes back at some point to bite them in the arse, as well as the little guy who spent a fortune to buy these things...but as some have said...we're ultimately responsible for our buying decisions...and trust me, I have some painful lessons I've learned over the years..and I continue to learn some about poor buying decisions...

Last edited: May 1, 2019
  18. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

I started numismatic coins and bullions collection around Year 2011, at that time, spot was USD$40+ and I only focused on Royal Canadian Mint’s coins.

Be frankly, really bad hobby if counting how much I loss. ( mostly on bullion and RCM numismatic coins )

But I enjoy collecting & chasing after hot coins.

lol.

19. barsenault

Yeah man. RCM collectibles are the WORST in the world...99% them anyway. Every time I get tempted...I remember the painful lessons...and I say, no way. Lol

20. barsenault

I think one of you guys should buy this set. Lol. It’s only 10k. I’m sure nothing could go wrong with buying that set. Lol

Attached Files:

kutylin likes this.