What a Coin!!! - Chariot - 2 Oz Silver Coin - Mint of Poland

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Slawek, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Slawek

Slawek New Member

Another stunning release from the Mint of Poland

Rydwan (in Polish) means Chariot

2 oz silver - 0,999 Ag
    Mintage - 500 pcs
    Diameter - 50 mm
    High relief
    antique finish + gilding

It will be availabe probably in August or September :)

It's absolutely breathtaking :)

Chariot-01.PNG

Chariot-01.PNG Chariot-02.PNG
    Chariot-03.PNG

Silverdale likes this.
  2. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Great, but they are pricing folks out of the market with these by controlling the hoards...and releasing 1 at a time and increasing prices by $100.00 every one that sells. I happen to be one who can afford them, and I’m walking away from the stuff at the Poland mint; and selling what I own. I don’t like the shenanigans going on with the stuff from the Poland Mint.

3. Slawek

Slawek New Member

I think it's not the Mint of Poland's fault that they are launch high quality products and prices increase very fast. It's rather some vendors' greed and high demand on the market. Besides if the mintage is low it's harder to get one. They release plenty of various items, definitely not as many as for instance Royal Canadian Mint, but still quite a lot.

One of the examples of quite interesting release from the Mint of Poland will be the coin ATLANTIS
    I will be available probably in September or October

Mintage 500 pcs
    Silver 0,999
    High relief
    2 Oz

Atlantis1.PNG

Atlantis2.PNG Atlantis3.PNG

Greetings :)

4. Slawek

Slawek New Member

That blue insert in the Atlantis coin is going to be made of (if I'm not mistaken) sort of aqua epoxy...

5. barsenault

right, the dealers are the ones playing the games for sure. As one guy from the Chinese markets has said many times. The dealers can price them at whatever price they want, and it’s up to the buyer to choose whether or not to buy it. I boycott them...and walk away from these pieces from the Poland mint. In my humble opinion this stuff will come back to bite them in the arse...

6. Slawek

Slawek New Member

Oh, come on, you shoudn't take offence at the Mint of Poland. But of course it's your free will and I respect your choices. I must admit that my buying strategy is slightly different. I'm trying to pick ones with low mintage and high relief because I treat collecting not only as a pure hobby but also as a kind of investment. First of all I try to collect all items from any series that I choose and get series which are eye-catching, at least to me.

7. barsenault

Amen brother. The investment pieces is out the window for those who bought, let’s say the Ares Gods for 1.8k or higher...that is ‘BTC bubblicious’ territory. When the bubble pops they won’t see those prices again for a long long time, if ever...so it’s important to be sure your buy-in price is low...otherwise it’s just a pure collectors item...and investment is waaaaay down the list. IMHO.

SlyGuy likes this.
  8. Slawek

Slawek New Member

I agree with every single word you've written.

Fortunately, I bought Ares for $218, and Poseidon at a similar cost. For Hephaestus I had to pay more bucks because starting price was much higher but still IMHO it was a good deal. Selling it today (although I'm still waiting for it) I guess I would get twice as much because the price managed to double since my purchase. Not to mention that all the pieces are sold out.

9. barsenault

Kudos. Themes are some good prices. If you notice, really, it’s only the Gods series that’s doing well. And those will be brought back to earth in due time...it may be a while, but they will come down in price. The goddess #2 are doing okay. The Dragons red coral are sucking wind. Cronus Titans are okay. The Demigods are a flop. So, one needs to be careful about what they’re buying if they are investing...but if purely collecting have fun. Lol

10. kutylin

kutylin Active Member

Agree with both of you. Stacker deep inside me is afraid of such stuff.
    And a collector even deeper inside me hates that stacker

SlyGuy likes this.
  11. SlyGuy

SlyGuy Active Member

Ummm, you guys do realize you are talking to a spammer, right? The guy is hired to promote these coins. He probably posts this stuff on dozens of precious metal and coin websites.

If you are unsure, look for such dead giveaways as (drumroll) :

-low post count
    -starts threads to "discuss" rare numismatic coins... usually all coins from the same mint or coin dealer website
    -post history of nearly 100% starting spam threads and replying in them (click on "postings" tab for this guy in his profile )
    -has many high quality pics of the coins and links to them that normal people wouldn't use/have
    -disappears for awhile soon after starting a coin thread, until it is time to "discuss" and "announce" another coin
    -bad spelling and grammar as these are usually Asians or other foreigners with ESL who accept low pay to spam
    -ridiculously optimistic of the coin's price and beauty and value and blah blah blah
    -replies as much as possible to keep bumping their thread, might search the coin and pump it in other threads
    -or, last but not least, common sense just says it is clearly spam

...if you earnestly believe this (or the PowerCoins spammer guy, etc etc) to be a regular forum user and silver coin collector, I don't know what to tell ya. I would think only a new user would fall for this.

The appropriate thing is to click 'report' and write spam so these threads will hopefully get deleted or locked. It is not worth the traffic to have crap info like this. If it's a cool coin, a real member will discuss it. These spam ones just clog it up and make the good info and real discussions harder to find. Hedge funds do this tactic of a planted forum or comment guy to promote/crash stocks, real estate may to pump/bash buying in some areas, crypto trading and 'ICO' places do it, etc etc. It has to be fairly high profit or high volume stuff to make it worth their time (although they don't pay the spammer much at all).

Have a good weekend. Please try not to mistake a lowball sales pitch for discussion or education. It is scary if people fall for this. I normally won't even do them the favor of bumping these, but it was just put at the top anyways :confused:

spam example 2
    spam example 3

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
    kutylin likes this.
  12. barsenault

yup. No more buying for me from the Poland mint. Done. I don't trust the price action of any of this stuff happening...it will end in tears...it may take months or years...but the tears will come, of that I'm pretty certain...but for those who bought at crazy high prices...I hope the prices continue to go up...I really do.

kutylin likes this.
  13. Slawek

Slawek New Member

To make it clear. I am not a spammer like SlyGuy said. Nobody pays me for advertising or something else. What a pity :). That suspicion made me laughing out loud. To be quite frank I don't care if you guys buy or not any items from the Mint of Poland or purchase any products from Power Coin or elsewhere. Using teenage language: I piss on it. Do what you want. It's your money and your decisions. I respect it.
    I am from Poland but have nothing in common with the Mint of Poland or any other vendor.

I just tried to show you something that is interesting to me and perhaps would interest someone else. Telling that I am hired to promote these coins is simply ridiculous. Believe or not. I don't care. That's all.

P.S.
    I didn't want to offend anybody. If anyone got offended - Sorry.

Have a nice weekend :)

14. Trinkets

Trinkets Active Member

Out of curiosity, where did you get the pictures?

15. Slawek

Slawek New Member

Another "Doubting Thomas" :). OK, I'll tell ya. I got the pictures from Skarbiec Mennicy Polskiej website. https://www.skarbiecmennicy.pl/.

I'm their regular customer so they also send me their catalogue. The good thing is that each catalogue contains a special reservation code thanks to which one can buy products from the catalogue with special discount.

By the way, use your brain - If I were hired to promote these coins I would promote them on other forums and websites. The truth is this is the only place where I put them. Isn't it strange?

To fulfill your curiosity I have reached here via AgAuNews http://agaunews.com/

That's the site I highly recommend to everybody who collects coins. I visit it every day. It's definetly one of my favourite sites. Mik is doing a wonderful job. To precede the questions I'm not paid to advertise the site (hope you you've taken a hint).

I'm a busy man that's why I run into silverstackers just from time to time.

Take care :)

16. Trinkets

Trinkets Active Member

lol No offense meant. I was genuinely curious as to where you got the pictures as I had never seen them before.

As an aside, the example of Spam #3 above isn't spam since justsilver is a real user (here and elsewhere). I have no issue of you posting pictures either way (please do). As for the Mint Of Poland, my interest has waned: they may be beautiful, but the pricing is insane and unjustified. As others have said, the bottom is going to drop out (I would guess in the next 12 months). My last was Hephaestus, and even that was a push for me to warrant the price. MoP are overpriced (whether dealer or mint instigated).

17. barsenault

Trinkets...and I would say 12 months max...I think it is a combination of dealer and mint greed. When you have a dealer pimping the price by 50.00 to 100.00 for everyone they sell...well, let's just say I hope the law karma comes back to bite them in the arse...I was tempted to buy the Da Vinci coin, but I'm just not going to do it...not for $280.00...I'm sticking by my guns, and going back to my roots and only buying semi-numi stuff (swans, emu, etc...)...and some panda collectibles...that's it...no more Poland mint stuff...I'm unloading everything I have from the Poland mint...no turning back for me...Poland mint, it was nice while it lasted...lol. The only piece/set I'll keep is the goddess, and ONLY if they price is reasonable for future releases...if not, bye, bye goddesses too.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    kutylin likes this.
  18. Trinkets

Trinkets Active Member

Whether MoP is pushing it or not, they are aware of it: which makes them part of it. I hold to my 12 month estimate, the last few releases have not done that well (Hephaestus took almost two months to clear from dealers with not that much of a price increase, and the Red Horse is still available everywhere). With the next Dragon (initial release still available everywhere) and others coming out in the next 3 to 6 months, they have overstepped their greed. "Zhao Yun" did OK, but I thought it was an ugly coin that was very overpriced (like the rest). They killed off their market and are harming their client base (which I don't think will forget this - not just you and me). While I still go for some high end (I picked up Pandoras box - expensive but not as overpriced as MoP even though it has a full OZ more), doubtful I would pick up MoP again (well maybe after the bottom hits ;)). Even the above Chariot is yet another Horse design, so even though it looks OK, guaranteed to be overpriced and not worth the investment.

To each their own, though.

19. bubblebobble2

bubblebobble2 Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

That's nice coin...but over-priced

20. barsenault

These things are def overpriced....but take a look at the Ares - god of war piece....that’s a pile of tears waiting to happen for those buying at 1.5k - 2.5k....that will be a painful lesson for people to learn.