What a Coin!!! - Chariot - 2 Oz Silver Coin - Mint of Poland

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Slawek, Apr 4, 2019.

1. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

Really sad that I bought many RCM coins, each new coin with “ quantity “

Most coins depreciated more than 50%. That was when I switched from RCM to Mint Of Poland.

p.s. at least I made few right choices on RCM coins, such as 2016 Pysanka Coin
    [​IMG]

2. Trinkets

Trinkets Active Member

lol I think someone has been reading this thread, and is trying to get out while the getting's good.

3. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

These: 2016 Pysanka Coin - will end in tears at some point too!! Better sell while the good can still be had...4000 mintage? Yeah, tic, toc....especially when you have others in the series going $75-95. Lookout below...lol

4. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

I buy coins for fun.

Already expecting prices of all my coins drop to silver spot after 20 years.

lol.

Slawek likes this.
  5. Ad1

Ad1 Active Member

Where do you buy Mint of Poland coins in Australia? Are there any retailers? I am thinking about buying some of the upcoming coins

6. Slawek

Slawek New Member

Atlantis. https://www.powercoin.it/en/mennica...n-city-dome-2-oz-silver-coin-5-niue-2019.html
    I think the price is not so high. At least right now (259,95 Euros).I bet the Coin Shoppe willl have them soon.
    https://thecoinshoppe.ca/

I booked one from the catalogue form Skarbiec Mennicy Polskiej but with a discount.
    https://www.skarbiecmennicy.pl/katalog-nr-3/atlantyda-srebrna-moneta-kolekcjonerska-5-dolarow.html

The Chariot (Rydwan) should be at a similar price, I guess...

It's at the similar price here:
    https://www.skarbiecmennicy.pl/katalog-nr-3/rydwan-srebrna-moneta-kolekcjonerska-5-dolarow.html

The only difficulty on the above site is that one person can buy only one item.

I haven't seen that coin on other websites so far.

7. Slawek

Slawek New Member

8. barsenault

Your team will have to pump really hard to get those Atlantis coins off the ground. Lol. I wonder if the market is already feeling the exhaustion of the MoP producing sooooooooooo much at such a high price. I see the dragon red coral prices are sucking wind. Inventory is stagnant. There’s an endless supply of goddesses for sale on ebay(and prices are falling). I have a hard time believing that there’s not a few folks hoarding the poseiden and Ares. Something not right with those. Surely not all 500 are in strong hands...I don’t believe that for a minute! Someone or them are trying to keep the prices inflated for those Gods. Watch out below once the price falls through the floor. Ouch

So, with that being said. Keep pushing these Atlantis babies, Slawek...you just may sell a couple. Lol. By the way, you never did answer Trinkets questions.

9. Trinkets

Trinkets Active Member

That Atlantis coin is overpriced. $300 for another "limited mintage of 500." It is not in the same class as some of their other releases, but it only has to say MoP and 500 mintage to ask for that much. There is nothing special about the coin that demands that kind of pricing imo. Like barsenault has stated, I don't see the Atlantis coins moving (and they haven't been yet).

There's no way that Chariot will be priced the same as Atlantis. It's another 'horse' design from MoP so likely to be $400+ on release. The second 12 labors of Hercules coin has already started showing up at $425 US, so that is indication enough.

Given a worldwide "limited mintage of 500" on these countless releases, the fact that recent releases for the past 6+ months have been struggling to sell out even moderately quickly (and most have not) seems to be lost on the blind.

As barsenault has stated, the hoarders may be happy with the initial high prices now, but I doubt they will be in the near future. I feel sorry for the true collectors who are roped into it and paying the price.

10. barsenault

Trinkets, a telltale was when Justsilver posted his picture of how many Ares? Was it 16? Too lazy to look. How many more like him? There is no chance in hell that 500 sold on eBay. Not even close. I guarantee you there are big holders of those, Poseidon, Goddess #1, etc...and they are licking their chops with the prices at elevated levels...but they won’t remain there for long. Max a year...and in the mean time, what’s going to happen? More of these things will get introduced at 500 mintage...and other mints will try to imitate...remember the Odin coin? That sucker was about to go to the moon...it was a beautiful piece. The coincidentally, 4 or 5 others introduced the same damn concept, crushing the price of the Odin...granted the Odin has a mintage of 1500. But still. anyway, I just think there is big $ holding these pieces from the Poland mint and they are manipulating the price something severe!! There’s no other explanation...I’m stupid, but not dumb.

11. barsenault

The pictures on page 2 of the Ares and Trojan horse says it all. Lol. And the price for the 3rd god...see picture attached...too funny. Like you, I feel bad for the suckers. Ouch.

Attached Files:

12. Trinkets

Trinkets Active Member

Yup, it was this one. And that was just one of the coins he had around ten or more of :)

Just like everyone, it is their choice to buy what (and how much) they want. But if you are the one inflating the market, and doing it for every release, just who do you think you are going to sell the coins to when the interest dries up? The current trend on the MoPs recent releases is all that anyone needs to see. On some other forums I am seeing the same sort of reactions from other collectors. The people that were waiting to buy "one" coin for their collection are no longer that interested when they see the current prices. So the initial one or two coins that were available at their "regular" (and already inflated) price "sell out" and drive the next batch up by $50-100 and the coins eventually sit there because no one wants them. Remember the Perth Mint's dragon we were talking about? TCS still has it available at their $445 US price :)

The one thing I find funny though, is when I hear people say "they got the coins at the list price, so shouldn't make out too bad when they sell it." But what about when the issue price was already the inflated price? Who do you think is going to buy it at that price later when they weren't willing to buy it at that price on release? When people say they got it at a good price, it's funny they never say what that price was ;)

I have bought some inflated coins (Hephaestus was one). If I like it enough, I'll buy 'one.' But I have no illusions that me buying one because I collect is inflating the price. And I have stopped buying MoP coins because of this (Hephaestus was the last).

These aren't hot coins. They are overpriced coins.

13. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

Not ALL coins from Mint Of Poland are considered as “ hot coin “

Only low percentage of Mint Of Poland’s coins appreciated in value on secondary market.

As I mentioned earlier, buy only what you like and what you can afford.

Do not buy over-price “ hype “ coins because price might drop eventually.

Different collectors or buyers have different opinions on “ what is over price silver coin? “

To some, any numismatic coin over silver spot price is rip off from Mint.

To some, low mintage numismatic coin is more valuable than high mintage numismatic coin.

To me, I am willing to pay max USD$300 on 2oz Mint Of Poland’s Ultra High Relief Silver Coin but I am not willing to pay USD$200 on 2oz Royal Canadian Mint’s Ultra High Relief Silver Coin.

Go figure.............................

p.s. I consider myself as collector, not hoarder because I only buy and do not sell since 2011.
    ( but of course, I feel happy when coin’s value appreciated and feel sad when coin’s value depreciated. )

14. barsenault

With you 100% trinket. I’m one of those collectors who are fed up. There just seems to be something unethical about forcing folks, who want to collect, to refresh’s their screen in the hopes they get 1 of 3 coins before the price get’s inflated by $200.00. And yes, Coinshoppe, you’re one of them...Powercoin another...Intercoin another...any others? Okay, I understand, it’s their business, and wish them the best. But it doesn’t stop me as a consumer and customer to call them out. There is nothing wrong with saying, limit 1 per customer, and keep the price at a certain level. But not these guys...1, BAM, $50.00...another one, BAM $100.00...and before you know it, after 3 it’s up $200.00 giving the appearance that 500 are almost sold. My a**. Again, they can do whatever they want, but I ain’t buying another one ever again...and what I have, I’m unloading as fast as I can (dragons and goddess #2), and then I’m done. No more MoP for me either. None in the collection. Over. I had #1 and #2 of the 4 horseman...but I’m boycotting and I sold them...done. And the other problem is when 4, 5, and 6, etc...come out for the gods, and prices come down, who is going to be interested? Even if the price is say $300.00? The collector won’t be interested...so is it the flipper? Are they going to flip to themselves? Just play musical chairs? Lol. Because what good does it do to buy 4, 5, 6, when the collector has no intention of buying #1 or #2 for 1.5k - 2k...so they don’t buy it...they walk away...just like I’m doing...good riddance...I hope the MoP gets an arse beating!! And the dealers learn the lesson too.

P.S. Just silver, you are a collector and investor...make no mistake about it!! A collector only needs 1 piece of something to complete a set not 15 pieces. Lol. I do the same with stuff (I.e. pandas, china classical gardens, etc...) - of course I will keep a set for me or maybe even 4 sets (one for each of my kids)...but 15 or more...yeah, that’s an investment. Lol. Even if you never have the intention of selling. At some point they will find their way on to the market...when you are 6 feet under (and you will get there at some point)...and when they do...I have a pretty good feeling they’ll not sell for 2k (things staying status quo - no hyperinflation).

Last edited: May 13, 2019
    kutylin likes this.
  15. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

lol. Barsenault. I understood your point.

No intention to argue with you on this topic.

As I mentioned earlier, buy only what you like. If you started pissing on Mint Of Poland.

Stay away from this mint ( Mint Of Poland ) and buy coins from other mints.

I started coin collection since 2011. And this is my style of purchase started from beginning.

No matter hot coin or not. I do not buy 1pc.......

[​IMG]

cracka stacka likes this.
  16. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

And of course, most of my bullion and numismatic collection lose value in last 8 years., mostly on bullion and RCM numismatic coins.

But no regret, I have fun and learned my lesson ( I hope. lol )

One of my collection, Trojan Skull Silver Bar.
    As I mentioned earlier. I do not buy one pc. lol.
    [​IMG]

17. Trinkets

Trinkets Active Member

That's kind of the point being made that I think you are missing. ALL of the MoP coins are being priced as "hot" coins: the appreciation is being forced by the dealers/mint. Again, it is their right to do that...and it is also the right of collectors to identify the pattern and to determine that it is not sustainable and that they want no part of it.

Yes, and as I said earlier, I have and still buy "expensive" coins because I like them as well. Nothing wrong with that. But...

...which again is the point. All MoP coins have become hyped coins AND are overpriced because of the unnatural inflation.

There is a difference between subjective and objective views on this. I would argue that your above statements are subjective. There is an intrinsic value beyond the price of PMs to pieces of limited mintage of fine art (which is what this is - more medallions than coins anyway). But that intrinsic value should be taken from an objective view. If someone has very deep pockets and can afford to buy whatever they want, there is nothing wrong with that. But what I, barsenault and others have been saying is that the prices being placed are not objective: they are inflated. If the supply outweighs the demand because a limited few push up the initial value, fine for them. But if the expectation is that that will mean the coins are worth a lot to collectors is not correct. If collectors were initially priced out of the market, then collectors will not come running to an even more extreme aftermarket price because a small group of owners (hoarders or not) feel they control the market. Any "collectible" (not just coins) is defined by some limited mintage, but a limited mintage doesn't necessarily mean it warrants a high price or that it is "hot" or will be in high demand.

From your own statements, I think you might want to look into what the definition of a hoarder is. Either way, what you chose to do or not is your business and is no one else's concern, and neither barsenault or I are trying to say anything disparaging... we're just talking :). But the opinions on the topic won't really change.

18. Trinkets

Trinkets Active Member

And you hit the nail on the head. Effectively they are turning this into an "ebay" collectors market. Which may be fine in the short term (for the seller), but not long term (for seller or buyer). The exhaustion is showing. I think one of the reasons why semi-numis are doing so well is that the price-to-design-to-mintage is at a very good position to satisfy collectors while limiting the effect of dealers/hoarders/etc. It isn't perfect, but it serves and sustains the collector market better than the high-end has been doing because of some "problematic" parties.

19. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

Trinkets, my advice is, stay away from Mint Of Poland’s products if you dislike its distributing system.

Does not matter coin appreciate or depreciate in future. Just stay out of it and boycott this mint if you feel like it.

I buy Mint Of Poland’s coins because I like coins’ design and craftsmanship. But once selling price passed certain point, I will skip this coin. I am not a coin chaser.

Anyway, spend money to make you happy, not spending money to make you sad.

20. Trinkets

Trinkets Active Member

lol It's not a distribution system that's the problem: you seem to have a problem understanding the point we have been making, but that's fine. As I have already said, yes I am finished with MoP. They are overpriced: subjectively and objectively.

As we said earlier, everyone makes their own choices in what they are willing to buy, for how much, and how many. So long as you understand the nature of the beast, no harm and no foul.