What a Coin!!! - Chariot - 2 Oz Silver Coin - Mint of Poland

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by Slawek, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Slawek

Slawek New Member

Barsenault simply read this thread carefully again and you will find the answers.

By the way, I will not sell "a couple" because I always buy only one piece of each coin that I like.

2. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Not sure I follow. Regardless. Not a constructive conversation...so onward we march. Buy whatever makes you happy. That’s so true. It cost of fortune and it’s worth it for you, who am I to complain, lol. It’s your money and your decision.

3. barsenault

4. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

USD$279.87 is the starting and selling price on this coin.

p.s. This coin is not popular from my opinion.

5. barsenault

Agreed definitely not popular. NOT because it doesn’t look as nice as Ares or the others, it’s because of what we’ve been discussing!! It’s called buyers exhaustion!! I’ve seen this happen with all sorts of Pandas - albeit beautiful - coming out the wazooooo - one wonders if next up, if they’ll make pandas pooping, peeing and farting...it’s absurd! The same with these...give it a break already. But since this one isn’t getting popped up $100.00 at a shot, I bought a couple. I know, I know, I said I wouldn’t...but since it appears no one likes this, I thought I’d take a dive!! Lol

6. Trinkets

Trinkets Active Member

lol Still not interested regardless of the "low" initial price. We haven't reached the bottom on this yet...

7. barsenault

Yeah, when we see 150.00 intro prices, then we’ll be good. Lol. The only reason these may not go crazy low, is due to the fact that it is a coin. Can you imagine if they came out with 2 oz silver China panda coin or 1 oz and the mintage was 500. Lol.
    So, although I think the prices are crazy high, I don’t think they’ll be crazy low either.

8. Trinkets

Trinkets Active Member

True. Given the quality and beauty I think $150-175 is reasonable (MoP does do beautiful work), but the problem is the dealers will still play their greed game and make things crazy, add to that the exhaustion and away we go. The comments you made earlier about the eBay situation is the best point on that: very little movement on previous "hot" releases and mostly at below pre-sale prices. Their next big release I believe is the next dragon issue, which given the abundance of the coin online at dealers for regular price with no movement does not bode well: I have the first, but again not buying any further.

Anyway other new releases coming shortly to hopefully consider. Germania has several upcoming that look very interesting. The Oak Leaf should be here soon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. barsenault

Hi Trinkets. The Germanic coin is okay. Maybe the actual will look better. They too have milked the first image for all it’s worth..I was waiting for them to have one with a joint in her mouth...I mean really, these folks know how to destroy a good thing. Lol. By these guys, I mean these mints...it’s almost as though they lack creativity...or they are just sickly greedy as they try to soak every dang penny by adding different colors of the same image...it’s nuts I tell ya.

As far as the Chariot. Yeah, they kept it at the low price for a long time, which I was surprised by. But this just means that these types are getting exhausted...and also, it allows for others to grab a hoard. You know, like just silver and his friends can now soak up 20, 30 and 40 at a shot. Lol. Just like J.S., said, whether it’s the dealers or the flippers, the hoarders will hoard. But eventually the market determines value of all things...it may take awhile, but it will happen. Yeah, the dragon red coral was a HUGE disappointment. I have a few of those. They’re tucked away in my collection. I won’t be buying the 2nd either. I think those are going to be a HUGE flop!! IMHO. I think they’ll stop at #2. They won’t continue the series after that. I think the goddesses, will flop after #3...#2 is going OKAY, and #3 will slow considerably and #4...yawn. And then you have the Titans...and what others...just too many coming out...it will suck the wind out of the sails. 300 X 10, 20, 30 series...that starts to add up for even the folks who do well in life.

I was told that the Chariot will be a one off. If that is the case, then great. I believe it will do okay. But if it sells well, then I’m sure the greedy bastards at the MoP will think, let’s do a series called, ‘the 10 greatest chariots’. LOL. And that too will flop. LOL.

I hope the Poland Mint gets a dose of sour medicine...

kutylin likes this.
  10. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

Info from dealer

CHARIOT", 5$ silver coin from the series "Combat Vehicles“, - First edition of a new series

kutylin likes this.
  11. Trinkets

Trinkets Active Member

There is a new polka dot Germania coming out next month... just kidding.

I hear ya and agree. I'm not sure why (well, yeah I know: $$$) they went to such extremes with the coloured Germanias (although a lot of them weren't from the mint, they were second party). I'm hoping it was an initial knee jerk reaction and they reign it in on the next releases: it was the mint's first coin so I'm hoping it doesn't happen again. They have several future releases that look promising, so I'm hoping the premium won't be extreme.

The Chariot like Hercules is still available everywhere and isn't selling very well. This is the latest in a long line of MoP releases that have gotten slower and slower upon each new release: the Red Horse is still available, the dragon is still available, Davinci still available, Anubis, Samurai, and so on.

Anyway, we've talked about that enough... and lol I just saw justsilver's update that it is the first of a new series - but yet another "hot" series was to be expected ;)

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  12. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

Trinkets, that was my post. Any question?

lol.

13. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

Sounded like I am not allow to speak in this coin forum.

lol.

14. Trinkets

Trinkets Active Member

You misread my post...I just edited it to be clear. I was referring to the coin being "the first in a series" comment you made to Barsenault's comment that he would expect them to make a series out of it. It was funny because of course it would be yet another series. That's all, man.

In general, can I suggest that you and everyone calm down? :) Just talking here and no one is trying to say anything disparaging.

15. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

Trinkets, understood your point now and saw you edited your thread.

Please be more clear or specific when you express your opinion.
    Otherwise, misunderstanding easily happened.

Barsenault, my friends and I, total 7 people, ordered 15pcs Chariot Silver Coin. Not 20pcs, 30pcs, nor 40pcs.
    All for personal collections. I hope I answered your curiosity.

16. Trinkets

Trinkets Active Member

Sure, and please be more careful when reading and not "reading into."

17. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

I am trying to avoid confrontation with members here on topic regarding manners of MOP dealers.

Different members here view this matter differently. If releasing price of a target coin is out of my budget, I will just simply skip this particular coin and search for next coin that I like.

All my collection of 2oz silver coins from Mint Of Poland were bought under USD$300. ( including Ares, Poseidon and Hephaestus ). I think they are worth these prices ( under USD$300 ), considering craftsmanship ( ultra high relief ) and low mintage.

Even if these coins dropped below USD$300, still worth it to keep coin as collection.

18. Trinkets

Trinkets Active Member

Justsilver, I'm not sure what your problem is or why you are trying to pick a fight with me. Again, buy what you like, for how much you like, and how many you like. I have no issue with that, and I'm not asking you to justify it. I'm not trying to argue with you. People have different opinions and have managed to live together peacefully for centuries.

All is good man. Let's please move on.

lol I'm vacating this thread.

19. justsilver

justsilver Active Member

Agreed. Let us move on.

20. barsenault

“Combat Vehicles.” You are kidding, I hope? I about spit my coffee out in laughter. Combat Vehicles?!?! Oh my. Maybe I should cancel my order. That is just ridiculous. Dang gone it, just when I thought something good would come out of the MoP...they have to create series from a chariot. Well, that sucks!! If it weren’t the first in the series, I would cancel my order...but you can bet your bottom dollar, I’m not collecting the series...not this one, the gods, goddess, DaVinci, Titans, Dragons, Hercules, Four Horsman, gods of anger, Samurais, Ancient Myths, Demigods, Venetian Mask, Ancient Chinese Warrior, Slavic gods (?), World Cultures (?)...and now Combat Vehicles?! YIKES. :eek: Did I miss any? We should compile an ongoing list. I think gods taking a dump may be a good visual for a series - how they would dump on a mountain, or by trees or, well, you get the point - a good god series? o_O

JS - who is sponsoring this series...and don’t say, you don’t know. Lol.

JS - tell the MoP to hurry up with the red horse...I sold the two I had, and want to get them shipped, before the buyers change their minds...got to unload this bag, cause I don’t want to hold it when the poop hits the fan, and prices crater. Dang. Hurry up and ship already!!

Last edited: May 24, 2019