SUPERMAN COINS!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by cman, Aug 28, 2013.

1. alexbecks

alexbecks Member

My opinion: 95% of coins made by Royal Canadian Mint (so except very few particular cases like glass ladybug) can be found on ebay way below official mint price, starting from snowflakes and ending to other ugly coins. Also for other coins considered "hot", like the glow in the dark dinosaur, now the price is dropping more and more so the "good investment" was only for who bought at issue price and sold at price peak. No need to rush to buy the other coins in series, I see there is not interest anymore.
    Alex.

2. Northerncoins

Northerncoins New Member Silver Stacker

1/2 oz now sold out at mint and the Gold superman is sold out at mint because some USA buyers that have bought sets of the coins and only 2000 gold mintage.

3. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hehe. I just purchased the 1 oz silver coins. The hologram one looks really cool. It's definitely a good gift for my little one.

The post office sold out when it just reached this morning. :)

4. Altima

With the support of the wifey, only bought the 1oz $20 Fine Silver Coin - Man of Steel - Mintage: 10,000 (2013) and the 1oz $20 Fine Silver Hologram Coin - Superman & Metropolis - Mintage: 10,000 (2013)

Really excited about the hologram coin! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Northerncoins

Wow ya the hologram is a beauty Altima, you have them in hand already? I have to wait till the mint decides to ship mine lol, could be next week or next month who knows..., But I did order all the coins but the gold, I just don't have the funds right now to get the gold sadly...

6. Northerncoins

7. lostwords

lostwords New Member

caved in and purchased the hologram superman coin

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. cman

cman New Member

Most of the coins are sold out now, i bought a crap load of em, except for the 1/4 ounce one, i thought it was crappy!

on a different note, anyone get any of the autumn bliss coins, they went quick!

9. Altima

Hmm, not quite sold out actually. The mint is still awaiting more stocks for the gold coins and 1/2 oz coins. They're getting sold really quickly.

10. gwako

gwako New Member

Superman coins are HOT ! They have been selling like hot cakes...I cant keep inventory, today alone ive replenished inventory 3 times.

I still have some inventory on the items that the mint is awaiting stock.

11. wsd_collector

wsd_collector New Member

Awaiting stock typically means sold out at the RCM. Give em a call they will tell you its sold out.

Also, just as gwako, the superman coins are flying! Can't keep them in stock...tomorrow morning will be my 4th order for them from the Mint if I can get them. Selling at a rate of 5 coins an hour lol.

12. db23

db23 Member

Awaiting stock means just that, give it another day and you'll probably see more listed. This is the RCM method of slowly releasing coins to create the illusion of desirability. They've done this with every 'big' release that they've pumped. I doubt they are selling quite as fast as some would lead you to believe, if they were then there's no way they would have opened mint direct sales up to the US in addition to Canada.

13. Stark

Stark Active Member Silver Stacker

The packages and pictures on coins look nice, but I decided I won't buy much colored coins any more. Reason is simple: because I've got losses on most of colored coins if not all when I sold them on feeBay.

Only first coin on pictures is uncolored.

Releasing antique finished one or just uncolored one where Superman muscles would be seen in great details would probably be a killer coin.

14. wsd_collector

wsd_collector New Member

Not sure where you're getting that idea...almost all of the time, when a product goes "Awaiting Stock" at RCM it doesn't come back.

As far as popularity goes...I can tell you this for sure...I've never had the following happen to me with any other product...especially one marked up above issue price...

[​IMG]

15. cman

cman New Member

you are correct, "awaiting stock" actually means "long gone" i ordered some extra, when they arrive i will sell some on this site. if you want any in particular before i post the add send me a pm.

also thinking of selling a complete set, 1 of each including the gold coin.

16. Altima

Funny thing is some people are selling things they don't even have in hand!

Isn't that a violation of eBay policy or something? Maybe I'll go report on some people. Hehehe.

17. Stark

Stark Active Member Silver Stacker

Usually sellers write when items will be available (pre-order, etc.).

feeBay doesn't remove fake coin auctions so dunno why they would bother with this. Their main concern is getting more money.

18. alexbecks

alexbecks Member

Taking pre-orders is allowed on ebay, as long as it is well indicated in listings.
    http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/pre-sale.html

Thanks to pre-orders I have been able to get some great coins at better prices and before sold out.

Beside that, I think that these superman coins are too much pumped up in this forum from sellers that secured enough pieces from mint and now want to squeeze the most $$$ out of them.
    Ebay is flooded by superman coins (only on ebay.com I see 114 listings at the moment!!!), and usually, this will cause price drop in the market. We'll see who's right in 2-3 weeks ;)

Alex.

19. Northerncoins

I don't know about that... I have friends that don't collect coins asking be about them and wanting to get some, I guess they collect superman stuff lol, which if you saw these guys you would never think they collect anything but dust lol....I am not a dealer , just a collector, I have not sold one coin and I have many. These are super hot and ya maybe it will die down but I just have get the impression that these will be a solid investment down the road unlike alot of other hyped up coins.

20. Altima

These coins aren't just your usual colored coins, cos they first of all have a limited mintage and secondly are coins representing Superman.

Even my wife who isn't a coin collector says its a worthwhile investment cos who doesn't like Superman? :)

FYI, each coin carries a special message written in the Kryptonian language. I've yet to spend some time deciphering each coin.