SUPERMAN COINS!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by cman, Aug 28, 2013.

1. wsd_collector

wsd_collector New Member

Here ya go :).

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/151130946016?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2649

2. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Question for anyone who ordered from Talisman Coins. I'm still waiting for mine from them. They keep saying they are waiting on them from the mint. They haven't charged me yet, but the order is in house. I ordered the S shield coin. Has anyone ordered from them? Have they received the S shield? I ordered mine on the 9/22. I'm wondering if I should just cancel and move on and never order from them again? Thanks much.

3. Justfishin

Justfishin New Member

This

4. barsenault

Have you ordered from them before? They stiff you too?

5. MasterID

MasterID Member

Emails to talisman went unanswered. And suddenly an invoice with a higher price. Paid and hoped.

The thing I hate is there is no reply to any of my emails.

6. alexbecks

alexbecks Member

My experience in the past was TERRIBLE with Talisman Coins.
    I gave them more than one possibility to prove they are "sometime" reliable, and what I got is:
    - orders cancelled without notice
    - credit card never charged
    - price raised for no reason (but the reason was that coin was selling better on ebay and they didn't fulfill my order in website)
    - unanswered mails (many)
    - trying calling on the phone got no useful answer. Left also my number to be called back and this (of corse) never happened.
    I could say more but I think this is enough to let you understand who Talisman Coins is... beware!
    Alex.

7. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Can just order from provident metals no? They still have stocks.

8. barsenault

:)
    Not of the S Shield. APMEX has them for 139.00, but I paid 119.00. I'll pass on these altogether if I don't get my 5 from Talisman. And I'll never order from them again. Hey, I guess the good news, I can buy more of those 2013 expo coins. Yum, yum. 7 down, 3 to go. I really like those. :)

9. barsenault

Yep, that about sums it up. I'm forever done with them if I don't get my coins. And I'm banking on not getting my coins. Thanks for sharing.

Well, here's an update. Just sent an email canceling the order, although I'm willing to bet he canceled on me first, since my order was placed on the 22nd of September, and said he was still waiting on his order from the mint. What a crock of B.S., I'm done with them. I did a fair amount of business with them. How does a company like that stay in business??? Shocking

10. Justfishin

Justfishin New Member

My exact experience also---on my black balled list

11. lostwords

lostwords New Member

I think it is well documented how Talisman do business. Although I am quite surprised to see quite a few folks managed to get their superman gold shipped to them. They F me over once and I they on my poop list.

This is how I sum up talisman - If it is a hot coin, you have to pray to god every night and once a while, your prayer get answer. Its kinda like playing the lottery but with the lottery, you might win Millions

12. Acme

Acme New Member

I am surprise that you folks still buying from them...

13. wsd_collector

wsd_collector New Member

If they're reason is they haven't received stuff from the mint yet, its probably true.

I believe Talisman likely ships based on the price people paid, the higher the price, the faster your shipment goes.

It is true that a lot of dealers didn't receive their full batches of these coins yet. So they probably ship out the ones they have to ebay sales while they wait for the rest of their stock to arrive before they ship it to you.

You will hopefully receive the coin, but probably one of the last ones to since you said you paid issue price.

Just take it as a lesson and never order from Talisman haha.

14. ajax

ajax New Member

I just wanted to thank you guys for this thread and the info about Talisman. I have been waiting on an order of the Shield coins for a month now, after reading this I sourced them from another vendor and cancelled my order.

Thanks guys!

15. barsenault

16. ajax

ajax New Member

17. barsenault

I was very nervous pulling the trigger on is purchase. It will either be the smartest or dumbest decision I made. I'm hoping in 25 years it will be very, very, very rare, fetching a steep price tag. After all, Stan Lee is 91, and won't be signing too many comics and other artifacts. Heck, I figure worst case, I'll break even if ever I had to sell. I bought it more for the authentic signature vs. The silver content!!

You ever watch Pawn Stars, and how much signatures fetch. This was a roll of the dice, but with only 25 mintage, for me, it was worth the roll. I should have bought it when it first came out at 399.00. Here's to hoping!!

http://www.apmex.com/product/78860/niue-2013-1-oz-silver-50-years-of-spider-man-coa-signed-by-lee