SUPERMAN COINS!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by cman, Aug 28, 2013.

1. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

I made a promise to myself, and I have yet to break it. I will never buy an RCM coin. I got severely burned with the premium on the cougars, bears, wolves and elk...and 95% had spots...bad spots, suffice it to say, I lost the premium, and a lot of money. "Oh, but, these collectibles are cut from a different 'cloth', they really are." I don't give a poop. DB said it best...it is junk!

2. wsd_collector

wsd_collector New Member

Out of curiosity, what did you pay? During the year of release, all of these coins could be had for the same price as american eagles, so no real premium...

3. brades

brades New Member

Don't hate because you missed the boat.

4. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

I also refuse to buy RCM products because of their insane policy of offering to sell to select customers before selling to the rest of the public. With the US Mint on the other hand, no one can buy any products before the official sale date...then everyone can buy.

RCM sucks big time.

5. Jcoin

Jcoin New Member

Im such a sucker for coins like this. Can't wait to see the designs! :D

6. barsenault

Oh trust me, I could careless if I miss the boat on any RCM coin. They are the worst mint in the world...and someday their arrogance will bite them in the arse.

7. Justfishin

Justfishin New Member

Ok, now, worst mint in the world is going too far. Give me a break. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

8. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hahaha. If you want, you could just ask the stackers in Canada to help you order some. It's not that hard really.

9. barsenault

Okay, rephrase, to me, one of the worst. And their arrogance, the worst of all that I've personally dealt with. They refuse to fix their white spots on coins they charge a premium for...oh, and trust me, I hear the 'voice', then just don't buy from them...I'm not and never will! They suck big bags of dog poop. When they fix their problem, then ill change my tune.

10. lostwords

lostwords New Member

RCM have its issues but I agree with JustFishing, I wouldn't put it as the worse... At least it is not re-minting or putting special C.O.A on ebay.

11. lostwords

lostwords New Member

I do agree.. Milk spots in their bullion coins is a shame. The premium you are referring to is secondary market premium. SML is usually only have $3 to $5 premium over spot. Even the wild life series (timberwolf, Grizzly, Cougar, moose, etc) , the release premium on them is around that as well.

I hate it when people say there's milk spots on their high priced numis coins. I have yet seen a milk spots on their over priced numismatic coins.

12. lostwords

lostwords New Member

You must hate those CIT coins even more as only dealers can buy them and you never even know what's the real retail price is....

13. db23

db23 Member

I don't believe RCM is the worst and I really don't even care about milk spots on maples as it's really just a bullion investment. Milk spots on anything they release at a higher premium (read Wildlife series, $20-$20 series, $100-$100 series) however I do have an issue with as they are clearly selling it as a collector coin and the milk spots are a very fixable problem.

14. db23

db23 Member

Yep, you can say this about most coins coming from non-govt mints in Europe.

15. barsenault

Precisely! I could care less about the maples...to me they are just like the eagles...which also have milk spots. However, the wild-life series is far from 'bullion prices!' We pay a premium over spot for those coins, and for them not to take the spotting issue serious, and yet charge a premium is ridiculous...they lost a lot of business from me...both on the bullion and numismatic side. I have zero trust in the RCM.

16. brades

brades New Member

Oh you bought wildlife series directly from RCM and paid their premium?

:rolleyes:

17. lostwords

lostwords New Member

$20 for $20 series and $100 for $100 are Numismatic Coins. They both contain C.O.A and $100 for $100 come with a case and C.o.a. Be it that the case is just the ugly Clamshell case. Therefore these coins come with a hefty premium.

I agree that it is a shame that they fix the problem with their semi numismatic coins such as the wildlife series.

18. lostwords

lostwords New Member

This is like blaming Perth Mint for the current price of the stock horses. Did Perth mint charge the current premium on the stock horse? The current premium on the stock horse is created by the secondary market. When the wood bison was release, we all could get them for less than $5 premium. Actually, these can be said about the lunar horse as well. Wait for later a while longer and see if you can get them for less than $36. Will you blame Perth mint for the high premium as well???

Don't get me wrong, there are plenty to complain about RCM: Shipping, delays, bad tracking system, clamshell case, are just a few I can think of.

Back on topic, I do complain that RCM is reaching new low by not releasing the picture of superman coin and expect us to blindly ordered them base on their descriptions.

19. gwako

gwako New Member

Superman coin pics will be revealed tonite at 12:01 EST on our site.

20. db23

db23 Member

I feel bad for anyone that ordered these site unseen! :lol:

Seems like RCM and NZM are in a competition to see who can produce the most overpriced ugly painted coins.