New Perth Mint Stock Horse Coin

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by db23, Jun 12, 2013.

1. chrissilver

chrissilver Member Silver Stacker

Thanks worldbubble, just that jazzy988 said the sept coin will feature 2 horses. But I think he was referring to the lunar series. It's a big confusing as they launched this horse series right before the horse lunar series are coming out, which adds confusion.

2. worldbubble

worldbubble Active Member

here it is!

Sure thing that P.mint wouldn't issue the coin and 3 months later mint the same coin with different words on it.

P.S. looks like I'm going to build horse related collection of bullion

year of the horse is 2014 coin and this one is not related to it
    I don't see any reasons why they couldn't do it ... they can even issue the next coin in series several month later when they see peoples' willingness to own them, no matter what the year is as there's no ties to calendar like with "year of the ..." issues. So we might see 2nd coin pretty soon

3. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

World bubble, thanks for sharing all the valuable insights. Really appreciate it. I paid $54.50 per coin. I'm sure I over paid being 'first adopter.' But, I can't imagine these dropping below $45.00, the approx. cost of the PM lunar snake coin. And that is a pure bullion play with 300,000, and no COA. Thoughts? Also, I think the horses are going to be a big hit. Who doesn't like horses? Even the lunar 1 horse coin is commanding over $100.00 most places I look, and that's if you can find it. Heck, even my bro who isn't a 'lover' of PM coins (u.s. collector) bought a stack of 20, when he saw the picture, and knew that it was the 1st in a series. that's saying something. :). How do you like the coin? Are you serious that the bullion coin is identical to the stock horse without the tree and other features? That would still suck if true. Why not just make an entirely different coin? It's not like there is a lack of imagination, especially as it relates to ALL the different kinds of horses out there. Anyway, be interested to know your thoughts.

4. Stark

Stark Active Member Silver Stacker

Hopefully they wouldn't starting putting out coins (horses :) ) following African wildlife (lion, rhino, etc.) "style".

It would be really nice if they put our white horse on one of the coins or some other series:
    [img=FluxBB bbcode test]http://static.mojefotke.si/b0dbcd730c4970482be9fa456666b7a8e2a20b45.jpg[/img]

There was/is some debate which country is true origin of this horse: Italy, Austria, Spain, our, etc.

But I strongly believe this "type" belongs to our land! ;)

I'm getting coins at around 50$ (US dollars) including shipping, insurance and PayPal fees.

5. worldbubble

barsenault, Now I'm thinking about increasing my order as at current spot it is a no lose deal ...

Count bullion collectors (each of every bullion issues), add collectors of Australian coins, don't forget to add those who collect coins with horses, and add those who just like horses and would add some coin with horse in order to have it (I have a friend who like horses and who expressed interest in buying this from me)

So, I think they might increase mintage starting from the next coin in series

All is just my thoughts which can be totally wrong

6. barsenault

Thanks much for the insights bullion Barron. Looks like that will be a nice coin. Damn. Now have to start saving money for that one. That one sounds like a beauty too. They'll probably sell out of those in a flash too, and we're talking 300k mintage!! I know the snakes went fast. But snakes vs. horses, sorry, it's not even a race. LOL. The year of the horses promises to be spectacular, IMHO. As long as it is not over done! That would suck.
    And world bubble, I'm with you 1000%, and why I overpaid on the 22 of them. I'm sure others will get a better price, but I didn't want to take the chance of not getting my shrink wrapped roll of 20! So it was the gamble for me. Maybe, someone will be offering them at 50.00 all in, including shipping...but I can't imagine it going much lower...whoever sells them lower is stupid. LOL. market will dictate where the price goes, and I say higher than my all in price of nearly 55.00 per coin...time will tell. -)

7. chrissilver

Just ordered the other 10. Bringing my total to 20 Stock Horse coins :) Wooo. That is me done for these. I hope these coins are beautiful when they arrive.

8. SILVERCOINSSHOW

SILVERCOINSSHOW New Member

9. worldbubble

woooh!
    this one is really nice!

P.S. they call low mintage 50 000 coins ))

10. SILVERCOINSSHOW

SILVERCOINSSHOW New Member

11. barsenault

Chris, that is awesome! I think we should be good with 20! :). I'm done too. LOL. Not crazy about the Tokelau horses. Okay.

12. worldbubble

13. chrissilver

Yea, I will stop before it gets too crazy. lol. 20 is a nice round number.

The Tokelau coins are ok, not that great. I had never even heard of Tokelau, let along Tokelau coins until today. A territory of New Zeland, interesting.

I am more into pure bullion and semi numismatic coins, by semi numismatic I mean coins with mintage's of 1million or less. Or even the Chinese pandas could be classed as semi numismatic, if you compare the mintage's to ASEs.

So these are my first 'numismatic' coins. I love the Perth mint coins. And I don't think I can go wrong with these Stock Horse coins, even if they are double the cost of a Koala. I will be collecting the next 9 Perth Mint Horse coins, along with some Lunar series coins in September hopefully.

14. barsenault

Yeah, I'm sticking with Perth coins. I think it is a little telling that Tokelau hasn't sold out of the snakes at such a low price...no interest. IMHO. maybe their horse series might be different, maybe a little, not a ton. I'm with you. I love the PM COINS. And I don't think we can go wrong with this stock horse either...just look at your avatar...simply beautiful!!! I think they are going to get priced higher out of the gate. I mean, look at the 2010 gilded tiger, with a mint of 50,000 (although declared mint is only 15k). They were charging 90 for that coin. This is a much better looking coin...AND the key IMHO is, it is a series. Collectors who stumble across this series down the road will need this coin to complete the series. And guess what, there are only 10,000 sets that will ultimately be completed, even if they choose to increase the mintage on future coins as 'bubble' mentions on an earlier post.
    I love Pandas too. I actually like China coins and medal. Just bought the 1985 error coin (great wall spelled wrong way). Only 500 minted. Cost me a pretty penny. Also have 4 of the 2008's gilded banknote coin...those weren't stock horse cheap either. LOL. We seem to think alike. My coins are strictly limited to Pandas and PM coins (primarily kooks & lunar). And I have quite a few of the Brittanias pre 2013. Great 'talking.'

15. chrissilver

Yea the Perth Mint coins are always great IMO. I think we made a good move buying these :)

16. wsd_collector

wsd_collector New Member

My selling price on these for a purchase of a roll (20 coins) is $45 given you pay by a method other than paypal. If paypal, add 5%.

17. barsenault

Damn, where were you yesterday wsd_collector? :-( Do you have a website, email? Thanks much.

18. db23

db23 Member

You jumped the gun too quickly. ;)

19. chrissilver

Your shipping from the US right wsd_collector? So the price is pretty much the same, as I would have to pay 20% VAT importing into the UK. The other dealers are within Europe.

20. barsenault

Would have mattered to me. LMAO. oh well, water under the bridge, I'm not selling any time soon anyway. :)