New Perth Mint Stock Horse Coin

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by db23, Jun 12, 2013.

1. chrissilver

chrissilver Member Silver Stacker

I am betting all my money on the horses. Hopefully this coin comes out 1st place! The German guy emailed me back saying I could buy another 4, although I am still waiting to receive the invoice. It's not confirmed yet, but hopefully I will be ending up with 10 :)

Thanks silverstackers.com, and the original thread creator, if I wasn't here I wouldn't have known about these coins until too late.

2. chrissilver

oh, and I was just wondering, was anyone thinking about getting one of the graded an slabbed if you ended up with a good quality one. I was wondering if that would increase its value in the long term?

3. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

I'm with you Chris. I wouldn't have found it if not for this site. No question. So thank you original poster. And I'm sure you can't go wrong with slabbed!! Ironically, earlier today here is what the dealer I bought them from said about slabbing.

I also thought it may be a good idea to use my 8 PCGS grading coupons for this year and have these coins graded. I am usually hesitant to do this with the coins that have large circulation numbers, because the big companies throw loads of money into that, so that the supply by far outstrips the demand. With these coins, it is a different scenario, though.

Best regards, Friedhelm

4. chrissilver

Yea for sure if I was that dealer I would use those coupons to slab some of these, and then hold them for a while. I guess most dealers want to sell their stock as soon as they get it, so they can release profits and buy more. But certain things, like these Horse Stock coins, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the dealers hoard a few of these Horses so that they can sell at a later date for a higher price.

5. Stark

Stark Active Member Silver Stacker

Hahah.:D Lucky you, you have GF to "control" you. I keep saying to myself, ok only this purchase, only this purchase.... Will have to cancel eBay account, PayPal account and throw all credit cards to bin. :) Today I've made another promised. Will buy just few coins in next half of the year. Will see how long I will be able to hold my promise. :)

My "herd" in increasing too. If the price won't go up, my vacation plans are endangered. :)

first cavalry
    I'm watching this auction closely. Only today (CET) it went up for 200.

He has few other "packs" of 20 so I guess he has one of the biggest "herds" in EU. :) At least on feeBay.

6. wsd_collector

wsd_collector New Member

7. jazzy988

jazzy988 Member

This coin comes in capsule with COA. No box or outer shipper. Is that right ?

8. clubman

clubman Member

Perth mint usually have box.

9. db23

db23 Member

They come in rolls of 20. 5 rolls of 20 in an inner box and 3 boxes of 100 in an outer box.

10. barsenault

Update, I'm done. Got my roll of 20. Happy, happy. The only way I'll be unhappy is if they have 20 different Wholesalers selling 20 different series. That will piss us off. LOL.

11. chrissilver

Ah man, you did it again. up'd my order! Grrr. lol :)

I don't understand what you mean by this?

12. barsenault

Here is what I mean. Would you be pissed if you bought the first link, then the 2nd came along...they are notorious for doing jit like this. Granted one has the COA and box...but why do this? Stupid in my opinion. Thoughts? What would you do if the bullion coin coming out in September looked exactly like the 20 we are buying, but the cost is only $40.00 or less? Granted, no COA...but why do it, other than greed, and getting people like us ticked. You know?

http://www.apmex.com/product/75095/2013-1-oz-silver-year-of-the-snake-berlin-world-money-fair-coin
    http://www.apmex.com/product/73828/2013-1-oz-australian-silver-year-of-the-snake-colorized-coin

13. chrissilver

What is the difference between that Berlin World fair colored lunar snake and the normal colored lunar snake. That pic of them looks the same.

I hope these Horse coins will be just silver and not colored, I hate colored silver.

I think they are going to release a new horse design each year, for 10 years. I don't see them releasing the same horse. I think it will be a different design. Granted though, they might then do some bullshit special privy coins which will annoy me, and reduce the value of these.

These are always expensive, about double the price as a normal 1oz coin. But I thought they were worth it considering the low mintage.

I might even get another 10, to match your 20 barsenault. hehe.

14. chrissilver

oh and barsenault the Horse stock that are going to be released in September are 1000 blister pack ones to be sold to the Australian market, as they have to sell at least 10% of the coins in Australia for the coins to be classed as official tender. So as those come out of the 10,000 total of these coins. I don't think it will affect the price.

15. jazzy988

jazzy988 Member

The silver bullion due out in September will not have the same design. That bullion will feature a pair of horses.

16. barsenault

"What is the difference between that Berlin World fair colored lunar snake and the normal colored lunar snake. That pic of them looks the same"

Exactly the point right Chris? What is the difference? One cost twice as much as the other. I mean really, who is to say they swap one for the other. It just makes no sense to me. I'm sure they won't replicate horses. I mean, lets say the German wholesaler has his 10 designs for the next 10 years, I hope to God they don't have another wholesaler come out with a different set of 10 down the road, etc...and saturate the market with a gazillion dragons....oops, I mean horses. Fingers crossed. I ordered a roll of 20 from Dr. Friedhelm, and 2 from the German dude on eBay. I'm seriously done with this series, unless I win the lotto. LOL. After all, I need to save my pennies for the double horse bullion that jazzy mentions in his post. hehehehe

17. wsd_collector

wsd_collector New Member

How much are you guys getting them for?

I've just received my dealer pricing on these. Can help you guys out. I'm mainly known and trusted on the RFD forum.

Edit: Just realized you guys are paying $58 for these?

My prices are far cheaper! Depending on how you pay and how many you buy, max price is $50 + shipping.

18. chrissilver

Double horse in September. How reliable is that information? I am inclined to think that the September release will just be the same coin as this one, but in a blister pack.

19. worldbubble

worldbubble Active Member

in blister pack ... with "year of the horse" instead of "stock horse" ... without fence and water tank ... don't forget to remove the tree ...

yeah, the same :)

20. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

This has nothing to do with the Lunar release if that's what you're referring to by the September release.

I've seen it - totally unrelated coin.

The Stock Horse is going to be released in Australia, but only in limited quantities as part of the 10,000 total mintage. I've enquired direct to the mint wholesale department about it.