New Perth Mint Stock Horse Coin

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by db23, Jun 12, 2013.

1. chrissilver

chrissilver Member Silver Stacker

You win some you loose some. Just be glad you managed to get your 20 :) your still a winner, they will deff only go up in the future.

2. wsd_collector

wsd_collector New Member

Haha posted this a few days ago on page 4...http://www.wsdcoins.com It will be posted up there shortly once I make some final confirmations.

Email: [email protected] or [email protected]

I am located in Canada.

Max cost for shipping anywhere is roughly $15 (unless you want multiple tubes!), minimum generally being $10 (Cheapest to US and Canada).

For those worried about VAT. I cannot guarantee this, but other shipments I've sent to Europe have not ever been charged VAT as its sent by regular mail declared as 99.99% Silver Bullion. (I've only sent shipments to Paris France, London England, Munich Germany, and there was a city in Italy - All of these buyers sent me a email after to let me know the items arrived safely without VAT.)

3. chrissilver

Thanks wsd_collector, I will check our your site!

4. Stark

Stark Active Member Silver Stacker

45$ is quite a nice price.

I haven't ordered anything outside EU yet but I think I would have to pay at least VAT (besides other costs). There is no tax on selling/purchasing gold here, but silver is taxed. And since our country desperately needs every cent (I think that law of increased tax for "sugared" drinks was confirmed few weeks ago, among others) I'm sceptical about avoiding VAT. Will try someday. :)

5. db23

db23 Member

The only way to avoid VAT is to lie on the customs form. This has the good effect of saving you the taxes, but the negative effect of insuring the shipment at it's true value rather difficult.

6. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Dang, I could have been all in at about $46.00 a piece for a roll of 20? Damn. I lost out on a $160.00, that's almost an extra 4 coins...oh well, maybe I'll get another stack of 20.

7. chrissilver

If your going to get anymore you might as well get 30 and round that total number up to 50 :D

8. barsenault

LOL. I wish. Nice to dream about 50, but I'm saving up for the lunar series. That dude has the horses priced the same as a lunar coin (i.e. snakes), that's amazing!!! Those horses are going to sell out in like 5 minutes at 45.00! I'll believe that price when I see it!!

9. worldbubble

worldbubble Active Member

that's what I thought when I read it first and then checked his web site ...
    average price is high there ... may be he will offer the coin that low but it will be sold out pretty quick

10. barsenault

Yeah, world bubble, let's see if he/she really does. Maybe they are selling that low to get foot traffic? I think that is a crazy price for a numismatic coin, with a pop of 10k, and the first in a series, and horses!! I still say, let's wait and see what they go up for on his site. That may be a deal to good to pass up!!

11. wsd_collector

wsd_collector New Member

Will have them on my website once all the small details are final. I'm aiming for Wednesday night as of right now.

wsdcoins.com

12. DanielM

DanielM Active Member Silver Stacker

Surely lunar horses won't be released @ 45ea right??

13. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Not likely - because I'll probably dump some at spot again :p

14. Stark

I've heard several times from some US sellers (wasn't related to coins) that they must provide full value because of their authorities.

Our custom service is total lottery.

I've once ordered 1 hoodie and 1 long sleeve shirt. My friend wrote it's actual value although I've pleased him not to do this. Everything was packed in quite a big box. They didn't even open it.

But when I've ordered 2 or 3 CDs they've decided to open the letter, found the receipt and bang: custom fee, VAT, cost of storing the shipment, cost of sending shipment from custom service to mine address, cost of sending letter that you have pending shipment at their storage...
    I've almost paid more of everything else than actual CDs!

I hope the idea of EU/US (Canada?) no tax "union" (free trade) will come to live as soon as possible. Things are soooo much cheaper in US than here. Here prices (in terms of numeric value) are the same as in US if not more expensive. Consider the currency rate which floats around 1,3$ for ....

Don't want to get too off-topic but I've paid less for Adidas' sneakers (with all previous mentioned costs,) that if purchased them in EU.

Pretty crazy...

15. barsenault

Wsd_collector, you may be right about the 45.00 price tag, considering as an American I can bid on these coins, going for about 833.00 for a roll of 20, which comes to about $41.00 per coin...my bet is that this goes for no more than 45.00 a coin...BUT if in EUROPE, they have to pay a VAT tax, so it will be the same as me paying approx 54.00, but not here in the U.S. so if a person in the U.S. buys, they get a steal. :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/370833441039?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

16. worldbubble

worldbubble Active Member

barsenault, where is 833 comes from?
    realized price? or someone sells that low?

17. chrissilver

Yea, you guys always get silver for amazing prices! Although buying with 7% VAT here isn't always 7% more expensive, for some reason, the price before tax is sometimes cheaper.

But you can sell your silver back to dealers without loosing out on a huge % straight away, which is a big plus for you guys in the US.

18. wsd_collector

wsd_collector New Member

I don't lie on any declaration per say. The customs form asks for value. Most coins I've sent are new zealand based coins. I simply write the Face value of the coin as the item value.

As its currency, and if I were to deposit at the bank, thats how much I'd get. My customers appreciate that and I'm not really lying :).

Here, with Canada post. Insurable value and customs value are 2 separate fields.

19. wsd_collector

wsd_collector New Member

You'll have to remember, there is still 7hrs left on that listing. Most of the bidding happens in the last few minutes. I've had coins I sell on ebay go from $20 to $90 in the last 5 minutes of an auction.

At $41 a piece, the person is losing money.

At my $45 price, I am making a fairly small profit, but relying on volume. Also, my primary goal with dealing coins is not to make money, but to fund my collecting habits (as I'm sure you all know is quite an expensive hobby!). So essentially if I can get a free few horses out of this. I'm happy to sell these at a low markup!

20. Stark

Thanks for info! I'm currently waiting for my first coin to come from outside our "beloved" Union. :)

It's still lottery with our customs. They are under direct control of Ministry of Finance, the major concern of this ministry is currently to get several hundreds of millions/billions of just to save few of our biggest banks. :)

I can imagine: I order 20 coins without boxes in padded envelope. Probably will get through. Order 20 coins in boxes. I doubt. :)

When ordering CDs the best bet is to order without jewel cases. :) Mhhhm 20 CDs in padded envelope? Guess they are used. Passed. With jewel cases - bang and you are "busted". :)

Yup! Just today I've "lost" 2 coins. Price went from around 89$ (inital price) to 150$. Also believe that if you enter too big price in the beginning (e.g. coin is 50$, you enter 100$). The computer algorithms will drive the price almost to 100$. This is probably fraud so I guess I have just wild imagination but feeBay makes more profit if item get sold for more money. I've also heard that prices differ based on the machine you are using for watching them. The same as for airplane tickets. Mac users supposedly pay more. :)