New Perth Mint Stock Horse Coin

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by db23, Jun 12, 2013.

1. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Wsd, you are offering a great price! I'm kicking myself for not waiting!! The impatience got the best of me, as it usually does. But I told my brother to wait to purchase his 20, and buy them from you. So, not all was lost. :)

2. chrissilver

chrissilver Member Silver Stacker

Ha. You have a crazy mind. I don't this is true for eBay. Although you quite well be right, they might take your maximum bid even if the next highest bidder was bidding at a price much lower. I suppose this is good for sellers :) the 10%+ fees are astronomical though.

And the airline tickets, I think that is true. They use some sort of algorithm and adjust the prices for tickets based on demand and searches.

3. Stark

Stark Active Member Silver Stacker

They can easily make "fony" accounts and fake all feedbacks. Some have hidden history. You can't be sure if all of his feedback is not faked. Also why most of the prices go up in last few minutes. If I know my maximum price is 100$ for coin I would enter in on the beginning. I won't care if end price would be 55$ or 99$ if I placed 100$. Sure there is some adrenaline in waiting for last few seconds and those "inner voice" telling you pay more, pay more...

90% of auctions now are "buy it know". Whereas several years ago 90% of auctions were bidding auctions.

Some colleagues told me that price differs based on the device you are using for watching it. I will check this one day with several different devices.

Airplane companies admitted that price depends on number of times you are viewing some "ticket" and your computer. Mac users supposedly pay more. All system info can be easily read - browser type, OS, etc. You don't need to be genius to write algorithm which would "adjust" price according to browser type and OS type. :)

4. jazzy988

jazzy988 Member

Totally agree with you barsenault. will believe it when SS members confirm have bought it at that price.:rolleyes:

5. Stark

@chrissilver: correct me if I'm wrong but you haven't mentioned your video:

stock horses

6. chrissilver

Thanks for linking my YouTube channel :) I didn't post a link to it because that video isn't that exciting, it was just created to let the YouTube community know about these new coins.

I will be recording an unboxing when I get these coins. And also a HD video close up of the coin.

I will have to remember to post a link when I've done those vids :)

7. barsenault

well, looks like the wsd_collector will be selling for $45.00. This was sold for about 47.00. So, Chris, it looks like we did in fact over pay to the tune of about 8.00...or I did anyway. LOL. I pay no VAT. Oh well, I'll still be happy with my shrink plastic wrap roll of 20...great video by the way my friend. Hopefully these go like hot cakes and the price goes to 80.00 in short order...not that it matters to me, I ain't selling. I'll always remember that when the other 10 are introduced over the next 10 years (or sooner), then the max amount of sets that can be created is 10,000, and we will have 20 a piece (me 22 hehehe). They will be asking a lot for ours to complete their set, even if the mintage amount on the other years increase...so what...we go a piece of the action on the first coin!! :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/370833441039?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

8. chrissilver

Yea barsenault. I ordered 3 then another 3 then another 4 then another 10. The total came to 770.30 EUR.

So 60 EUR more than the winning bid on eBay. Damn, that is almost 2 extra horses for free I could have had.

Oh well. I still think I got a good price.

I will be extremely happy if I can sell a few for double the price soon, then I could sell 5 and buy a tube of 20 Noah Ark coins. Or maybe I can do a trade with someone, hehe. But I think it will be a few months / year before the price gets to that level.

9. barsenault

I'm looking forward to seeing what wsd will sell them for on Weds...might have dollar cost average. LOL.

10. Stark

No problem. ;)

I think my first pack will be shipped on Wednesday. If I get them before you I will take some pictures. But I doubt I will get them before you, so prepared to take nice pictures mister! :)

Only one 20 "roll" was sold, all the rest were removed. I'm watching feeBay auctions for horses closely as eagle. ^^

As king Richard III said:

"A horse, a horse, my kingdom for a horse!"

In my case:
    "Horses, horses, my dollars for horses!"
    :)

11. chrissilver

We all just know that you want an excuse to buy more, so you can out do me yet again :) and your already 2 up.

12. chrissilver

Stark has gone Horse MAD

13. barsenault

The Lincoln conversation but it okay okay.

"Only one 20 "roll" was sold, all the rest were removed." Stark what did you mean this? Are you saying he had more than 1 roll of 20 and he yanked it from feebay? Wouldn't surprise me in the least!

14. barsenault

LOL. I've been thinking how I can get more...but unfortunately I have to wait till comm'ish day at the end of the month...unless that dude is really selling them for 45.00...just may have to get a few...make it 25! :) if he charges 15.00 for shipping for 3 coins...then no deal...15.00 for a roll of 20, that's a good deal.

15. wsd_collector

wsd_collector New Member

Looks like this coin is almost sold out at the direct source. I've confirmed my order of 300 coins for now.

I've not yet added this to my website as I still have to purchase "Euro". Price will be based on exact Euro conversion and once thats done, it will be up.

I could have it up as early as tomorrow evening.

Barsenault, shipping for 3 coins to the US I can do for as little as $5-6 (average 4 business day delivery time). :). The roll will be anywhere from $15-19 depending on if you're in an urban or rural city (urban cities are close to $15).

Note: My website has everything built in, but it will charge a min. $10. I can always adjust that once the order is placed, so no worries on that part.

16. Stark

Don't want to sound to "professorish" :) but it's from Shakespeare's Richard III, 1594:

Maybe Lincoln then borrowed it. :)

Yes, he had 3 rolls of 20. Only 1 was sold. Rest disappeared from the radar. :)

17. worldbubble

worldbubble Active Member

the guy noticed that public is not aware/lack of interest and that's not the time to go big
    one of the coins was sold for 35 euros, the other for 46 ...

if not for that thread I wouldn't know about the coin and have no idea that I'd be able to preorder it meaning I'd pay higher price afterwards.

18. barsenault

Well, this guy selling them individually is getting all kinds of offers for 2, 5, 7, 20...and he declined them all (link below). He ain't a dummy. The first roll he had, he sold all 20 for 57.95, plus 8.00 shipping. I gotta a feeling this series will sell not hot cakes. Here is what the dealer said about wsdoins. Lets see how it plays out. I'll be watching (buying) closely if they go out at 45.00!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=231001361611

NOTE FROM DEALER

Hi again, Bob!

Please note that I just received the real thing, and as one of the first on the block, as they say.
    I will send you a photo of your roll (or that of your brother Mike), and a real COA (both sides). The exclusive German distributor confirmed to me that he has sent orders to 2 US Customers, but they are working with much larger margains than the modest margins we have, so that the story you heard should be put in serious doubt.
    And, additionally, I was told that our distributor has no more coins in stock at the moment, so that the sellout scenario for this week looks extremely likely...

BEST REGARDS, F

PS: I will attach the photos from the computer in a few minutes.

Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device
    Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 06:07:54 -0400
    To:
    Subject: Re: Reply: Believe it?

Hello Dr, thanks for the feedback.

My brother was happy to get a roll of 20 of those coins. I think he said he was going to get more from you. Not sure? How fast do you think you'll sell out of those coins? How fast for the 10,000? I think maybe once people realize this is an ongoing series they may sell faster? I don't think people in coin community understand this? Plus, there hasn't been a lot of hoopla around this coin. I can't wait to see it. :)

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 18, 2013, at 12:55 AM

According to our pricing (directly from the source), this would be impossible, especially in light of the VAT and other taxes/fees we need to pay.
    At the prices we are getting, we are keeping a margin of 1,80 Euro per coin. I had also figured that the Muenzdachs was breaking even--after paying ebay and paypal fees with the present exchange rate (USD/Euro)--when he initially sold the coins for close to 54 USD.

And whoever is buying the coins over there will need to pay for transportation as well, because our wholeseller does have the exclusive distribution rights for those coins.
    I would be curious about such a claim, but I have been surprised in the past, when I saw some of the coin prices from some precious metal companies.

Best regards, F
    Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device

19. barsenault

And one more thing. I think it is a hoot how these coins, and I'm sure the lunar 2 horses, and many other 'bullion' coins completely ignore the spot price of silver. Take that silver Cabal! Hehehe!!

20. barsenault