New Perth Mint Stock Horse Coin

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by db23, Jun 12, 2013.

1. worldbubble

worldbubble Active Member

that's for sure ... but each dealer going to use its own mark up so better get to the 1st one ))

2. chrissilver

chrissilver Member Silver Stacker

Humm yea, I didn't think about that. Maybe the 6000 is the sales to the bullion dealers, and who knows how many of those they have actually sold. I just assumed it was sales to end customers. I don't know how the whole system actually works, I was thinking that the bullion dealers don't actually pay the Perth Mint until they have sold it, in which case the 6000 would be actual sales to customers not dealers. But I don't know the specific mechanics of this industry, I just assumed.

3. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Okay chris, just bought 5 more from the Dr. That's it for me, for real. I really need to see it first. So stop enticing me. LOL. Locked my first 10 down. Can't beat it. 10,000, COA, horse, and last, first in the series!

4. hobwell

hobwell New Member

I hope so :p

5. chrissilver

You have outdone me Barsenault. 10 to 6.

This is my first numismatic play. I don't want to over do it, so I will stick with my 6.

Congrats on your purchase! And if you get them early please post a vid on YouTube if you can! Or some photos.

6. barsenault

Here is more confirmation from my trusted source. dr. Friedhelm. I get nothing...zip...for recommending him. He's always provided good service to me, so I recommend him. [email protected]

"Bob, I was very cautious in my quest for these new coins, as I had very few details about it.
    But, I know the director of the wholeseller personally, and I can tell you that it was exaggerated that 60% of the coins were gone within hours. That may have been an advertisement ploy by some of the dealers who have an interest in spreading those kind of news...BUT,
    I know that as of yesterday, it was announced that 50% of the coins had been spoken for.
    I had decided to advertise only after I had physical possession of the coin, so that we could do our own photo documentation."

7. barsenault

Yeah, I'm done at 10. I just can't help but think 53.00 is way under priced for a COA coin with 10,000 mintage. If it is as beautiful as it looks, then I'm certain it will increase in value quickly.

8. chrissilver

50%, 60% much of a muchness really.

Does he have any photos? Please share.

9. Stark

Stark Active Member Silver Stacker

Cavalry is on its way:

sound of thunder

I'm not selling this btw.:)

If I have enough money to spare I would probably buy 20. I mainly buy numismatic coins so this is my first "larger" "bullion" investment (actually semi numismatic). :)

I've heard that 6k were gone, 1k are prepared to conquer Australia, and 3k are still running free.

Br

10. barsenault

Rest assured, Bob, that you are the first to receive a real photo when I get my coins on this coming Wednesday. Even before I am placing an eBay listing with a real photo.

Have a pleasant weekend,
    Friedhelm

11. barsenault

Hey stark, nice! Lets see what those 20 go for. Oh, and I'm definitely getting 20 by end of June (as long as price doesn't get out of whack). :) I'm with you, it's all I buy too...semi and numismatic. Just bought the china panda 2008 banknote gilded coin...600 heft coins (dollars)...but a rarity. I have no qualms rolling the dice on coins consider beautiful art!! :)

12. chrissilver

13. barsenault

Looks nice, no? Absa-flat-loutely YES. I'm definitely stacking 20 of these bad boys, if not more!! Thanks for sharing, and will share when I get a picture too.

14. chrissilver

Yea barsenault. I liked it so much, I have even already used that pic as my avatar! and changed my profile pic on YouTube to it as well.

I will record an unboxing on YouTube when they arrive, and also a HD close up vid.

15. barsenault

here is what the dealer said (I bought 8 from him). These are going to get sucked up. I might not even be able to get 20. Dang.

That is really awesome!
    I am suspecting that demand for this coin will be triggered by both collectors and those folks who will enjoy the sheer beauty of the coin and its motiv/design features.

16. worldbubble

worldbubble Active Member

it looks better than on ad picture

now I'm thinking about adding more ... heck, it costs less than what I've payed for 2012 dragon with 300 000 minted coins

17. barsenault

exactly, I just can't imagine this not taking off!! And it will be an annual series. And it is the first in the series. In my mind it is a NO BRAINER. May even cancel an existing order I have with a dealer (a different coin), and buy 30 or more of these puppies. I'm seriously debating it.

18. Stark

Stark Active Member Silver Stacker

Yeah, I agree with previous "posters". This shiny effect really looks nice. I'm too considering of doubling my purchase. :) Damn, my "golden" US dollars reserve is melting faster than FED is printing dollars... :p

19. chrissilver

I've only gone and emailed the guy asking if I can buy another 4 lol. My GF will kill me. Hopefully he has ran out of stock and I can't purchase anymore :lol:

20. barsenault

Trust me, I'm trying to finagle ways to raise money to order more before the 'official release.' Once people catch wind of the coin, the series, etc...off to the races we go...pun intended. :)