New Perth Mint Stock Horse Coin

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by db23, Jun 12, 2013.

1. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Hope this helps. Just spoke with the dealer where I purchase from overseas. Here is the link to the COA. http://postimg.org/gallery/1nby10ne/ and here is what he says about the coin! Scoop'em up. The first in a series!! Smart of PM!!

Good morning, Bob, and cordial greetings to you!

Just now I have finally received a copy of the sample COA that is provided with the BU silver coin 1 oz 2013 Stock Horse, issued by the Perth Mint. I have been confirmed that this is now an annual issue, showing different horses every year, and being struck exclusively with a low mintage.

2. chrissilver

chrissilver Member Silver Stacker

I think this horse series will sell well. Everyone loves horses.

How many will you be scooping up?

3. Stark

Stark Active Member Silver Stacker

Would love to buy more but I can't afford more than few at the moment.:/

Heard that they are going very fast...

4. barsenault

Chris silver. 5 to begin with. I got 2 from the German dude, before I spoke with my friend over in Italy (dealer), and I bought 3 from him. He is getting his on Weds!! I want to see them first, before loading the boat. LOL. With a mintage of 10,000, and the first in a series...I just may bite the bullet and throw good change at this coin!!

5. barsenault

Oh and Chris, I couldn't agree with you more...who doesn't like to look at horses? Even my kids will go, 'dad, you need to load the boat on these coins.' LOL.

6. chrissilver

Yea they sold 6000 out of 10000 in the first 48h. So there is only about 3000 left for sale in Europe, the remaining 1000 will be sold in blister packs in Australia.

I don't even have any spare capital for silver at the moment, my GF isn't letting my buy any silver as I have a business trip coming up and need some money for a new project I am setting up. :)

But these seemed too good to miss! I think they will sell extremely well, and increase in value, even straight after the 10k have sold. So I just had to buy a couple. Hehe. :D

I am excited to get these, I bet they will be gorgeous. I love the Perth Mint coins (apart from the colored ones). And these will be my first numismatic coins. :)

7. chrissilver

I was going to get 2, then up'd to 3.

Now I am waiting for the guy in Germany who I bought the 3 from to send me an invoice for another 3. Hopefully they haven't all gone. 6 would be a nice number to have I think :)

8. barsenault

For those interested, I got them for 53.00, and 3.50 shipping per coin. Maybe you can negotiate a better deal. I wait to see what APMEX will sell them for, but I can't imagine anyone will do better than 53.00 with a COA and only 10,000. I got a feeling these are going to skyrocket quickly. Lets see.

This is a dealer (correction, not Italy, but Germany) I purchased from (different than the one on eBay)
    You can go direct via PayPal, although he will be posting on eBay, ONLY when he has the coins available.

[email protected]. His name is Dr. Friedhelm.

Good luck!

9. barsenault

Quite honestly I think 20 is the magic number for me, but I need to see it first. If I'm wow'd I'll get 20, if not, I'm waiting for the Lunar bullion in September. LOL.

p.s. it is hard to determine the quality from the pic in the thread, you know?

10. chrissilver

I don't think it is that risky ordering too many, because they are from the Perth Mint after all, I am pretty confident that they will be spectacular.

If you buy 20 , for how long are you planning to keep them before selling them on, or are they all for your private collection?

11. barsenault

Oh, I'm keeping them for the long term Chris! I've got a stack of nearly 3000 oz and they are all for the long term. I'm 45 currently. Heck, maybe I open a coin shop when I retire!! :). But primarily Perth Mint, China Medals/Panda, and Brittanias (pre 2013). I agree with you about PM quality, and why 75% of my yearly purchases are made from them (all kinds!!).

12. chrissilver

3000oz. NICE! I have a 2013 Britannia and it is the most horrible coin ever, (maybe slight exaggeration), but still, they don't compare to any other coins imo. I haven't seen any pre 2013 though. And I love the Chinese Pandas as well. Look me up in the future if you decide to open that shop, I might be an interested investor ;) I love the idea of making some profit from buying and selling silver and using the profit to buy silver. So basically building a silver collection / Stack for free! :) But I think the margins in the bullion trade are not that high, and risky to sudden fluctuations of price if not hedged correctly.

Let us all know when you get your Stock Horses in, and upload some photos, or a vid on YouTube!!

13. worldbubble

worldbubble Active Member

you guys made me buy the coins ... just ordered some ...

14. bigcountry

bigcountry Member Silver Stacker

This might be one of the best ramp up threads of all time!

15. barsenault

Worldbubble...funny. chris is motivating me to one up him. lol.
    Chris Silver, funny you say that about the 2013 Brit. Worst coin for bullion. I bought 1 and said I'm done with the series. They are minting to demand, and granted they increased the purity to .999, the quality is horrendous! I sent mine back as soon as I got it. Pre 2013, they had a limited mintage of 100,000 coins, and some of their years are simply beautiful 2003, 2010, 2009, etc...when I buy certain years that I love, I buy more than just a few. LOL. I think your strategy is a sound one about using sales to purchase coins. I'm just stacking for retirement. I enjoy this adventure a ton, and it beats looking at a stock cert or looking at digital numbers on the screen. LOL. Keep stacking.

16. worldbubble

worldbubble Active Member

yeah ... looks like most of the mintage is being bought out by SS members :lol:

so, now I need to sell some junk in order to replace it with horses ))

17. hobwell

hobwell New Member

Wow!! I can't believe how many have sold since they were announced. I'm just glad I have managed to purchase 1

18. chrissilver

Yea it is certainly a fun way to save and invest. I will keep stacking. Just paid the invoice for the other 3 Stock Horse coins. So now I will have 6 :) but I think that's my max. If you make an order for 20 you will win the Stock Horse war. I can't match that.

Cant wait to get them, they should be good!

Worldbubble nice purchase!!!! They might all be gone within a few days, your lucky you managed to pick one up now. :)

19. chrissilver

Nice purchase! lucky that you managed to get one, I can see these going quick.

20. barsenault

HOBWELL, 6000 of the 10,000, I'm assuming to dealers like we are buying from, so I think they'll be readily available for a little while. They better be. LOL.