Jobs, jobs and jobs ... Going, going gone

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by CriticalSilver, Feb 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

yeah i learned something too ...young whippersnappers with their fancy words

2. fiatphoney

fiatphoney New Member

Auspm is not ridiculous.

He is just a lost puppy.

[​IMG]
    Source:

3. metalzzz

metalzzz Well-Known Member

Strap in the crash is on its way. Next 6 weeks. I'm excited :D :D :D

4. fiatphoney

fiatphoney New Member

Like this?

[​IMG]
    Source:

5. boston

boston Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

6. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

it might be an injector seat ...

7. boston

boston Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I stand corrected. Or is that seated correctly.

8. systematic

9. fiatphoney

fiatphoney New Member

And when lost puppies grow up,
    they have a good chance at being normal.

[​IMG]
    Source:

10. metalzzz

metalzzz Well-Known Member

That toilet should be fine. Good set of handles to hang onto.

11. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Well bugger me you are still here

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Don't feel embarrassed for me, that's just being condescending

I don't ask for your pity or approval on the matter

I'm free to think as I please on the issue and fully respect my right to do so, regardless what others think

If that makes me a "social outcast" by this societies standards Ill take that as a compliment

You dont understand NM. I have no sense of compassion for this society. I don't feel any better or worse for the demise of it's citizens any more than I do for sheep that end up as a lamb chop on my dinner plate

This country's position is it's own doing and I have absolutely no sense of pity or compassion for where it's going to go

Don't ask that I should give a damn because I simply don't

As for enjoying and laughing at the stupid people going down, what of it?

Don't try and tell me your haven't had a good laugh at the stupid shit people do. We have a running show on tv where people laugh them selves silly at the stupid crap people do every week. Hell, there's even a cash reward for it

I'm a big fan of Darwin and don't have an ounce of sympathy for humanity at all

F*ck 'em

13. systematic

What if - there is a repeat of the 1859 Carrington event that would wipe out our power grids, satellite communication and navigation systems? What if - in a disastrous cosmic solar flare event we puzzlingly find ourselves in a world without power? Massive electrical blackouts that last, not days or weeks, but many months. The issues of a pending economic collapse would suddenly vanish. It is game over like a pinball machine suddenly tilted.

It will be a time, and a massive test, not of financial position and relative wealth, but a catapulting of society into local communities absolutely having to cooperate and integrate, or disintegrate into social anarchy. People will be forced to rely on their fellow man, a keen spirit to help others bewildered and less fortunate, by the sudden turn of events. Compassion and generosity of spirit, not just gold or silver, will be the currency of the day.

14. Au-mageddon

Au-mageddon Active Member

I dont think its worth wasting your breath on a lost cause dude ...

The arrogance of some SS-ers here amazes me (a minority to be sure, but an outspoken minority) .. auspm if you hate society so much that you want to sit and scoff at them, then why don't you disengage from society RIGHT NOW and fk off back to your well stocked cellar or bomb shelter. Just make sure you lock the door and throw away the key.

Most people here are genuinely helpful - I prefer to spend my time and energy engaging with them. I fear too much time and energy has been wasted on this guy already.

15. razvana

razvana New Member

State government here is pushing redundancies too. A call for volunteers went out last year, and they have just asked for more. They'll shed 5000 jobs through this process (approx. 2.5% of total jobs).

16. Guest

Guest Guest

Because of my attitude towards humanity, you're making the cognitive leap to assume I do nothing here on SS?

What, you've been here 61 posts and make that conclusion, do you?

Never read a link I've posted up here over the last 3 years? Never been involved in an intellectual debate I've started up here?

THIS is the characterisation of the community that's not only secular, but extremely polarised as well.

'If you're not one of us, get out'

...and yet, I'm being told to do the same thing right here and now.

The hypocracy of your attitude is honestly baffling Au-mageddon

Look, if you honestly believe that I'm alone in my feelings, you're kidding yourself.

Like I said, I'm just one of the very few who will openly admit it, probably because of fear of complete ostracization from a community who demands people think and feel as they do by their own moral codes.

I know a lot of you want to stand up and say 'yeah, I unplugged from the matrix, I'm a free thinker' etc etc, but how many of you actually are?

I sniff BS everytime someone mentions a topic that might be a little controversial and everyone runs straight back to the huddle of the flock, for fear they might become a social outcast.

My views on this matter are not a blight on my character other than in the eyes of yourselves, in which case, it's your problem - not mine.

I know you'd like to ASSUME that because I feel this way, I must be some crazy, paranoid, schitzophrenic without the ability to love, nurture or be in a relationship or raise a family.

Hate to burst your idealistic bubble there, but I'm married with kids. All well adjusted, all stable, all doing very well thank you very much.

The difference between someone like me and many of you is the fact that I not only talk the talk, but I walk the walk also. I don't adopt the attitude of throwing out the rule book on social convention just to act cool, I live it.

I really sat down, looked at the status quo which controls society and said 'you know what? screw it' and actually freed my mind.

I will think as I wish to, based on my own moral code, bound by my own convictions, rationale and logic. I don't consider other people's 'opinion' unless it meets the specific criteria I personally adhere to and has merit according to what I believe.

The fact I can stand here among so called 'stacking' peers and be outright villified and ostrazised simply for taking an opposing view simply confirms what I always suspected.

Some of you claim to be free of the system in your minds, but you still hold to the same ideals, same BS values and same moral code that lead this world to the position it's in now.

It's not MY moral code that lead society to where it is today. It's yours.

Don't blame me for standing here, pointing a finger and saying "I told you so'

I just find it laughably hypocritical that you can all stand and point your own fingers at the world gone mad and 'obviously' see a 'bad person' amongst it all, yet lament the state of the world and never once question your moral code as the leading cause that brought you there in the first place.

As usual with humans, it's far easier to collectively attack that which you see as different and blame that as your cause instead.

Then you wonder why someone like me comes along, points out how screwed up the system is to the point of laughter and all you see is horns and hooves.

But for some of you (who've been here only a short while) to make such a grand statement of 'fk off back to your bomb shelter' shows clearly not only how narrow minded some people are (and hypocritical they would lambast others for being the same way), but also how openly threatened people can be when someone without fear can openly question their moral code.

Just because someone can stockpile some precious metals doesn't mean for one second they're still not an automaton of the system many of you attest to supposedly despise.

The responses on this thread clearly show that.

As soon as someone like me has their say, the fear driving people to rush out with a gag is amusingly ironic.

You can't say "THAT!'

Why the hell not?

I stand by what I've said here and don't give a damn what people think of it.

But you better damn well deal with it because like I said before, if you think I'm alone in that ideology you're kidding yourselves.

This society brought such attitudes on itself when it smiled, joked and said victimising the bottom 1/3 was fine. Sacrifice was fine.

What a ridiculously audacious and hypocritical attitude to then assume the down trodden 1/3 should share the same social convictions in return.

Absurd.

17. CriticalSilver

CriticalSilver New Member Silver Stacker

:lol: what if I care less about your fears than Auspm cares about our wayward society of diminishing virtues?

Don't get me wrong, I am all for compassion. But compassion extends to all indiscriminately. Even those that feel rejected and disenfranchised .

18. Mud Gecko

Mud Gecko Active Member Silver Stacker

[​IMG]

19. jnkmbx

jnkmbx Well-Known Member

Of course Auspm will laugh at someone balling their eyes out on ACA with the sad music playing in the background and the reporter putting on a plastic frown.

Ya gotta think about these factors:
    1. The probability that the person is a sheep is high. (Would one of us non-sheeple be crying on TV?)
    2. The media wants to dramatise these moments to do their bit of social engineering. (Makes the target audience believe they have a shoulder to cry on and that people will be sympathetic when their turn arives)
    3. Knowing that the target audience will lap it up, while we sit there and say "ha, that sh1ts not gonna work on me" is satisfying at all times

I look at society and think: "Fat people sit down and watch The Biggest Loser instead of going out there and losing weight"
    Doesn't really inspire any confidence in society now does it :p

20. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

I agree with most of what you said there aus. people think they are aware but they wander aimlessly looking for confirmation on their ideals . Where you are not looking for confirmation you know how you feel about the state of affairs .

Its one thing to say "yeah im off the grid " its another thing totally to live it.My hat is off to people like yourself of which im one. Im the same i dont look for others to say to me "your right ".Personally i couldnt care less what others think its my life i have made choices that i believe in...I know the system stinks that its a wrought & ive been screwed royally for a long time paying too much for too long & getting very little in return.

The system is broken ...beyond repair .

Only the older members will get where your coming from they might not say it as bluntly as you but im sure theyre thinking much the same.If they think Australians are being given a fair go they need to go to another country to appreciate how much were being screwed.

Im still in asia & a pack of cigarettes is around 70cents ozzies pay over $10. A bottle of spirit alcohol is around $6-10 ozzies pay $25 A new nissan navarra is around 25K ozzies pay 45K same products from the same manufacturers but ozzies get screwed to the wall The price of power, land rates ,petrol, food ,car registrations is enough to keep people on the brink .Its criminal that we pay so much for things yet most people dont realise it because thats the way it is .

Its a rigged system where you need to thoroughly do your research to realise that your being royally screwed.

For the majority staying silent in fear of being ostracised is part of the mechanism that keeps them in line .There comes a time in most peoples lives that they throw their hands in the air & say screw it ive had enough .It came to me a long time ago & since that day i have minimised my taxes taken every penny from the state that i was legally entitled to & ran my own race outside of the constraints that most adhere to .

Its clear from the amount that shitcan your posts that they havent reached that stage & are being good little sheep staying within the flock so they dont get eaten by the masses. Thats their choice as it is yours to roam outside the flock . Your honesty is the thing most cant handle " you cant handle the truth " :lol: is what i think when people cant get a grip on the world . I have very little sympathy for most people for the same reasons you state. Frankly its not my problem its theirs.

Its a free world & each & every one of us has the right to live our lives the way we choose.

I love Australia as a country but im afraid its not the place it once was . The amount of blatant revenue raising from speed cameras red light cameras parking tickets etc in the guise of safety ....safety my arse !!! They hide behind trees with radar guns whats the place coming to ? Those new vans with the number plate recognition abilities. The loss of privacy from the thousands of cameras whenever you go out ....for your safety of course Pffft... The cameras on the main highways that they say monitor trucks etc ... it monitors everyone The information gathering from individuals for no apparent reason . It all smells of big brother strangling you & wanting to know everything about you for reasons unknown.

Australia is not as free a country as most think .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.