Jobs, jobs and jobs ... Going, going gone

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by CriticalSilver, Feb 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. metalzzz

metalzzz Well-Known Member

Yeah I wish. Well I'm not earning any interest in my account now. Used to feel great holding it for 12 months

2. Prior

Prior Member Silver Stacker

Ditto..

I am preparing for when they bring the carbon tax in that I pay a fraction of what I pay now just to smite them.

3. metalzzz

Rang the ato and she said anyone with a tax bill of over $500 annually has to pay quarterly. She did not reply when I asked why I was allowed to pay annually for the last 4 yrs.

4. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

Are you talking from a sole trader's perspective?

5. metalzzz

6. Lovey80

Lovey80 Well-Known Member

What America needs is Ron Paul as president and Schiff as VP or treasurer.

7. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

If your company or job is on shaky ground then start looking for another job/career now. Dont wait. You hear many sacked workers say they knew the company was having probs or rumors of redundency, but choose to wait rather than be proactive. Do yourself a favor.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Either that or take steps to ensure your head is not on the chopping block by making yourself an invaluable asset.

There will be a LOT of shedding of jobs in the next couple years which will be strongly sped up by international downturns.

The power brokers and government already knew this, they just didn't want to spook the sheep through the media but it's becoming increasingly more difficult to hide.

As with all cycles, there's going to be a core of investors at the end holding what they think is a bag of gold, but soon to become a bag of crap.

Australia was warned so many times and chose to ignore those warnings. We can't even claim we had no idea this would happen, we are one of the last places on the globe to have our market correction and still we see the eternal optimists trying to calm the masses whilst the industry players slash more jobs in preparation for what's to come.

I don't know the average age of the members here, but I remember very well the 'recession we had to have' during the late 80s into the early 90s. It wasn't uncommon to have 150+ apply for a simple labouring job and people to lose their homes on 100k mortgages.

What we're facing here and now by comparison is financial armageddon and I assure you, there will be more and more 'nothing to see here, everything is fine' rhetoric from the establishment whilst they bolt for the exits.

If you're a stacker here on SS, this shouldn't be 'new' ideology.

Precious metals are the safe haven investment and wealth protection medium through human history. If you honestly believed that Australia would ride a perpetual wave of prosperity and endless growth you're either completely thick or don't read history.

Be very afraid of those that say we're in for a soft landing or there's nothing to fear.

That's when you should panic the most.

But as for my attitude on those who are going to fall on their financial swords over the coming months and years all I can say again is we reap what we sow.

The social climate of this country was forcibly turned to ostrasize, demoralise and then cannibalise a minority to pay for the rest. Those who formed the minority that were forced to bleed for this fake prosperity of the political majority have absolutely no obligation or sense of guilt for seeing those tables turned.

All we are seeing here is a re-establishment of an equilibrium and the reassertion of free market forces.

I guarantee you that those who were the biggest participants and benefactors of this will be the first to ask for help and forgiveness for their role in this situation and not one of them will be willing to accept the blame.

I'm cold, heartless and careless in people's view because I'm glad to see this happen. So be it.

But all I can say over and over is we reap what we sow, we reap what we sow, we reap what we sow.

I teach my children these simple virtues of idealism not because of learned doctrine or faith, but because they have proven time and again to be the staple ideals of conduct and the safest path to success in life.

It's only in HINDSIGHT will the mindless masses realise the nature of these virtues and just as much in coming to realise 'we're not different here after all' they'll also learn those 'ideals' of moral virtue presented by our forefathers as best practise were not 'outdated' and 'redundant' but rather wise teachings that we should have adhered to all along, but as always with the nature of humanity, only ever come to realise and appreciate after the fact.

So yeah, like I said - don't expect sympathy from people like me. I'm going to ENJOY watching all this go to shit with a very real sense of satisfaction and no fear.

Each time a bleeding heart gets on the telly and cries before the camera I'm going to point, say "I told you so' and laugh and I KNOW I won't be the only one.

We reap what we sow.

9. Prior

Prior Member Silver Stacker

^ +1000

10. Naphthalene Man

Naphthalene Man Active Member Silver Stacker

What a big load of BS. This statement is THE most ridiculous thing that i have heard for a looong time. Clearly from someone who is vindictive, cruel, mean and downright ridiculous in my opinion. Sure many play by the current game and may gain self belief in possessions but so what. Does not mean that everyone does that, i certainly don't. There will be genuine battlers that will suffer in this and you will just laugh. Some of these battlers will not just be the lazy ones that couldn't be bothered to apply themselves but those that for some reason were not able to apply themselves earlier in life.

I know that you are intending the mcmansion-dwelling, jetski plus prado plus skiboat plus big screen TV plus all the other toys and wealthier but to have this blanket statement is absolutely unbelieveable
    ...aaahhh Pfft, just not worth the words. You have really stunned me with this statement and as far as i'm concerned really stooped to a low.
    I'm sure you'll give another 10 page essay in response.

11. Au-mageddon

Au-mageddon Active Member

Not worth the keystrokes to say what i think about that :mad:

All I can say is you ALSO better be careful what you sow .. or else you might be the one getting bitch slapped by Karma.

12. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Here is an example of how the government is destroying jobs: If I owned a laundromat and wanted to employ someone to do mending, sewing on buttons and the odd alteration in order to expand the services that the business offers, I would have to deal with a Fair Work award that is, I kid you not, 113 pages long.

Australia's biggest destroyer of jobs is Julia Gillard and her retarded party.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

I personally find your insistence I should feel sorry for the sheep, offer my condolences for their stupidity and lend a helping hand equally a load of BS, stupid and ridiculous.

What's your point exactly?

You cannot brow beat me into submission based on your own moral ideals NM. I don't conform to what you believe in mate, I don't know how many times I've made this clear on SS.

The 'morality' of the modern establishment offends me deeply, but you insist I should not only respect it, but adopt it as well?

Not - going - to - happen.

Next thing you're going to try and imply is that we should feel sorry for the banking elite when the fiat system fails and they take the 22nd story swan dive into the pavement?

Sorry bud, it's just not going to happen. You better face and accept that reality now.

I'm going to be one of those blokes sitting outside with popcorn enjoying the show and give less than a damn what people think about it.

If you choose to be part of the establishment, then you reap what you sow.

My conscience is quite clear thank you very much.

14. Naphthalene Man

My point is exactly as i said, probably twice by now. At no point do i think that anyone should feel sorry for someone's stupidity nor lend them a helping hand if they chose not to.
    My point was that yes there are many sheep. I don't always agree with their views but i certainly will not laugh and eat popcorn at someone's misfortune.
    I just find such statements extremely sad and actually embarrassing for the individual. I don't intend to brow beat you as i know this is not possible, your grudge against society is ingrained too deep.

You have no idea what i do and whether that fits with "the establishment" or not.
    I do what i have done and live where i live with the various community contacts to ensure that my family are in the best position that i know to legally weather the coming storm.

I just find your attitude a sorry one and, while it made me angry enough to respond, I know that i am wasting my breath but i find it difficult not to when someone intentionally reveals what a burnt individual they are with such remarks.

15. Contrarian

Contrarian New Member

If you're happy with what you have acheived in life then you don't feel the need to laugh at others misfortune.
    It's only when you are unhappy with your own acheivement that you like to see others reduced to your level.

C

16. Naphthalene Man

I like it contrarian, much more concise than my diatribe.

17. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

Unless its a fat person falling over because theyre too busy looking at their hamburger & not where they are walking . I still laugh at those types of misfortune

18. Bargain Hunter

Bargain Hunter Active Member

Ilikemetals. I'm glad to hear the public sector is slashing jobs. Its about damn time public sector workers get real, productive jobs and stop leaching off taxpayers (it'll be good for the economy in the long run). If the Canberra economy needs to die then so be it, no point mourning the death of a city with a largely parasitic economy.

Auspm it looks like you've got a serious case of schadenfreude. I'm merely pointing out a fact without making a judgment call whether or not it is moral or not to feel that way.

19. Naphthalene Man

okay.... going to the dictionary for schadenfreude....

got it!

schadenfreude
    noun
    satisfaction or pleasure felt at someone else's misfortune.

Thanks, i just learnt something. Now people will look at me weird at the pool tomorrow when i try to slip that one in conversation :D

20. boston

boston Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

What? People actually talk to you?

The things you learn! Joking :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.