Jobs, jobs and jobs ... Going, going gone

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by CriticalSilver, Feb 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

After all the stouches we've had on SS Reno, I'm genuinely surprised to realise you and I are very much alike at a fundamental & ideological level.

Whilst I haven't taken the 'next step' yet on the financial independence front as you have, without a doubt we're minds that think very much alike.

But boy oh boy, do you cop absolute crap for choosing not to abide by the establishment!

The thing that irritates me the most I guess is the state of play is what people complain most about, but when questioned will fight to the bitter end to protect it as an ideal.

Like I've said before, I really understand where you are coming from when you say 'I used to be disgusted, now I'm just amused'

Apparently, being amused at the sorry mess implies you're a (quote) "vindictive, cruel, mean and downright ridiculous" individual.

The price we pay for being free thinkers & anti-establishment I guess.

It still won't alter a damn what's going to happen to this country though, nor how I feel about it.

I simply don't understand why people are so upset with the country going to hell though.

They're simply getting what they asked for in the end, whether they have the cognitive ability to realise it or not.

Like I said before, the current state of the world and this country is not the result of my moral code.

I take no responsibility for it or feel any guilt at all. The 'system' and it's advocates can quite frankly go to hell.

2. Bargain Hunter

Bargain Hunter Active Member

I think its good to have guys like renovator and Auspm on the forum saying exactly what they think. Good on them for voicing their opinions without caring what others think.

3. Naphthalene Man

Naphthalene Man Active Member Silver Stacker

4. Guest

Guest Guest

By the same token though, I have no issues with NM or anyone else voicing their opinion too.

5. Chilli

Chilli Member Silver Stacker

Offer tenderness, generosity and respect to all people at all times without exception, no matter who they are.
    Keep an open and warm heart people.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm not a whore when it comes to my affections.

It's where I differ very strongly to the status quo on that subject.

Look, I might have gotten a little carried away with my assertion on sitting around watching idiots starve in the streets.

I don't really have the ambition of standing on the footpath pointing at the masses and laughing whilst they plead for mercy, I'm just being antagonistic and indulging in a little black humour to piss some people off.

I'm just sick of the masses trying to impose virtues on me that I don't believe in is all.

The only real satisfaction I'll derive from this sorry mess is knowledge of the fact I was right.

As for WHY the situation has come about, I've given up trying to explain it.

People honestly don't want to know anyway, they just want to bitch about it and blame someone else and I don't have the time or inclination to entertain them.

I really do believe we reap what we sow and if you make bad choices, then you have to pay for them or you're simply going to make the same mistake again.

Australia collectively made some very bad choices when people were screaming the warnings.

Whilst it's a grim satisfaction to note the alarmists are going to be right anyway, I am not that evil as to stand before a family on the street and callously say 'you deserve this'

But by the same token, I don't support or endorse the moral virtues or code of ethics and ideals that forms the current establishment either.

7. Au-mageddon

Au-mageddon Active Member

Apologies AusPM if I misread the intention of your earlier comments.

I am sure that most of us here don't like what they see when they look out the window (governments and central bank either taxing us into oblivion or outright stealing peoples hard earned money) .. which is why they are doing something about it.

Its pretty fucked up that you can go and put you hard earned money into a bank and get 5 or 6 % but really end up no better off after taxes and inflation.

However I myself will be sad to see one or all of our banks go belly up, not because they don't deserve it for being a bunch of money hungry *&(^&*^'s, but more for the poor innocent victims who lose their hard earned savings. Hencs the reason I wont be laughing or saying I told you so when the STHF.

Just because I dont agree with you doesnt make me ignorant nor a sheep .. I have been deeply unhappy with how things are run in this country for a long time, but I am only now in the position to start trying to prepare my family to weather this financial shit storm thats coming.

Au

8. Blame_Game

Blame_Game New Member

I think the whole point is that MOST people are in-fact NOT being screwed (yet), hence the democracy.

More then 50% of people are parasites of the government and actually live better lives then they are entitled to, given their service output in the overall economy.

9. Ilikemetals

Ilikemetals Member

Even though I am a government worker, i agree with you for sure. They're pretty serious about increasing efficiency so it'll be better for us all after they have gone through these reforms and removed a lot of the dead wood from the public sector. I was mentioning it particularly as a reflection of how the economy really is - i'm seeing signs everywhere now, it's getting really quite scary. Even a mainstream news.com.au article mentioned a 60% drop in property prices in the foreseeable future as people lose their incomes and can no longer afford to keep the bubble afloat. Good to have your finger on the pulse which many people unfortunately do not.

10. boston

boston Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I seriously doubt that the 'reforms' touted will produce any real efficiency results overall.

And just for the record, at one stage, I used to work for the government, and believe that three (3) out of four (4) jobs could be made redundant with minimal loss of service to either the system or customer. Many public sector jobs that I have seen, have been created for political expediency or personal gain.

11. Lovey80

Lovey80 Well-Known Member

Always love your posts Auspm. Not only for the intellectual honesty they represent but over time anyone can see that the ideology has been well thought out and molded over time. Not general sheep consensus formed opinion.......

My biggest fear is that the coming blood bath will push society further away into the abyss. There will be many many people screaming for more government and more government power. The vested interests and government themselves will tell the sheep that only if they had more power they could have prevented it......

A revolution of the minds of the masses is in order to bring about a political revolution in this country (and many in the west ). Sadly that will never happen and government intervention will only get worse until it swings full circle and all of a sudden we will be a communist dictatorship, being fully managed and we will just call it a capitalist democracy.

The more I think about it, sadly, the more I come to the conclusion that a military coup is the only way that we could fix this..... Such a sad state of affairs for one to end up at such a conclusion..

12. PrettyPrettyShinyShiny

PrettyPrettyShinyShiny Well-Known Member

After reading some of the comments in this thread, I pity a few extra people and would like to think more of helping someone else in need than trying to fulfil my own selfish requirements.

Whenever I feel some sort of negative emotion (angry, sad, disappointed etc).. I think to myself how much better it feels to be positive and think GOOD of people, no matter who they are or what they may have done. By having all of these sour, negative emotions about the system and of society, you do nothing to improve your own mind. Saying 'I told you so, does NOTHING to help anyone, least of all YOURSELF'.

Inevitably, people will continue the path of a self-destructive mind, focussing on themselves, wealth and things they believe to improve their physical conditions. There are a select few around there to help the rest of us. Until we're ready to be helped, they practice patience waiting for us.

A bit philosophical, I know.. but I feel that this is my best contribution to this thread. Of course, take it or leave it, but all I know is that smiling and positivity feels so much better than anger and bitterness. If you are a sheep in someone elses eyes, so what.. if you love and do everything with love in your heart, it will not matter one iota - the end result is still positive.

Be kind and love.

13. Naphthalene Man

I think everyone gets the gist of the conversation and what happened with the discussion. There is no need to beat anyone up here, all has been explained, everyone is happy that they are content with their views.
    No hard feelings, as far as i can detect.

14. CriticalSilver

CriticalSilver New Member Silver Stacker

I posit that Newcastle is a great example of what Auspm is talking about. How are those fig trees going?

15. Naphthalene Man

Without getting into an argument over it...
    IMO they were old non native trees that provide no habitat value. Sure they looked good and kept the street cooler but they were trees. Trees get old and need replacing eventually. If you want something permanent to remind you of heritage, build a statue not plant a living thing that will need replacing, create a mockery of the city and cost in excess of $800,000 (the last i heard) for the debacle.

16. Guest

Guest Guest

THAT is the nature of the system...

I honestly believe humanity has already lost, they just don't realise it yet.

When they do, it'll already be too late.

17. Guest

Guest Guest

I care deeply about humanity. Once you lose your connection to humanity will you not have compassion of what happens to it.

18. Byron

Byron Guest

Just out of interest. What sort of future do you envisage your children living in?

I also have a young child btw.

19. nonrecourse

nonrecourse Well-Known Member

Bloody Hell what a thread.... you take your eyes off it for a day or so to make some more smakaroos and it socks you between the eyes.

My wife and kids after 4 years of hearing me talk armagedon are over it. We know its coming we just keep stacking and socking away the fiat too.

Funny part is our rental returns and business incomes just keep going up and up. What do we put that down to? I think we have become so hardened and focused that no matter what occurs we will survive.

I know our bank is nervous got another call from them about one of the loans we are servicing comfortably the other day. They are pissed off because it is a commercial property that we are paying home loan rates on.

Kind Regards
    non recourse

20. CriticalSilver

CriticalSilver New Member Silver Stacker

I hope for one where one's liberty and justice is not compromised by the tyranny of a corrupt state operating behind the awareness of a deluded populous.

A case in point.
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXSwZw7LvEU[/youtube]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.