carbon tax bull

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by radiobirdman, Jun 30, 2012.

1. radiobirdman

radiobirdman Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Isnt co2 heavier than air, doesn't it fall to the ground to feed the plants .or doesn't gravity work on co2 ?

when you burn oxygen doesn't it release co2 that falls to the ground because its heavier air

so it must be a oxygen tax because its the only thing being consumed

2. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

This explains in a nutshell why the analogy is utter horsesh1t :lol:

SAVVIE???

3. fishball

fishball New Member Silver Stacker

CO2 is indeed heavier than 'normal' air.

N2 = 34, O2 = 32, CO2 = 44 (or 45). Therefore, CO2 is heavier than air when you look at the atomic masses.

Don't really know why it stays up there but if I had to guess it'd be because of

- Marginal weight difference
    - Wind
    - Diffusion
    - Lower gravitational pull in the stratosphere or whatever that place up there is called

4. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

sorry mate - just had to improve the accuracy of your statement slightly

5. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

BULLsh1t!

higer CO2 levels are actually condusive to plant growth - acting almost like a plant fertiliser - easy to understand if you understand photosynthesis and that fact that CO2 is actually FOOD at the very base of the ecosystem.

6. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

CO2 never has been a problem and it never will be.

7. hawkeye

hawkeye New Member Silver Stacker

It doesn't surprise me that so many defend it, after all who doesn't want to help the environment?

Unfortunately, the whole Global Warming thing has been blown completely out of all proportion. Not uncommon for things like this in the public sphere. Remember the War On Terror? Just like the War On Terror though, certain groups have used it as a way to funnel funds from taxpayer pockets into the govt and then into their own pockets via govt subsidies and the like. Unscrupulous govt scientists are happy to go along with it and the few who don't are pressured in no uncertain terms. It's a go along to get along system.

The biggest scammers in the modern age target the govt because that's where the biggest amount of money is concentrated in society. Most politicians are happy to go along in one way or another because it is in their own best interests and "everyone else does it".

8. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yippe. I'm a bit confused about where you stand regarding the underlying science. Can you please put it a bit more clearly?

[​IMG]

9. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

mate - just remember - no amount of logic or facts will ever come between a good communist and the money he/she steals from every citizen through taxation in every shape, form and colour...

10. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

To put it simply - CO2 - and specifically the CO2 emitted due to manmade activities is a zero on a contract when it comes to global warming.
    The whole global warming scare caused by manmade CO2 was a phurphy invented by the Thatcher regime in the 1980's.

I did quite a bit of my own research on this topic and - having a scientific background myself - it wasn't too difficult to separate the sh1t from the shovel so to speak.

I will confess that initially - before i had gone into any depth on the subject - i also believed the "mainstream" (= government propogated) view that CO2 caused global warming ...

it's not that hard to believe since
    1. man's activities produce a lot of CO2
    2. CO2 is a greenhouse gas
    3. global warming appeared (at least in the 90's) to be a current trend

These individual facts - although individually true - have been hashed together and taken completely out of context in order to perport the absolute lie that manmade CO2 emissions is causing global warming.

Even a very small amount of your own research will uncover a few inconvenient truths about this lie/propaganda:
    1. CO2 forms an impossibly small fraction of the atmosphere to be an important player in global warming
    2. there would be too many other things to worry about LONG BEFORE CO2 such as water vapour - a much bigger contributor to greenhouse warming
    3. high levels of CO2 TRAIL periods of higher temperatures by between 500 and 800 years NOT the other way around, i.e. higher CO2 levels are a RESULT of warming and NOT the CAUSE OF WARMING...
    4. Previous periods of earth's history have seen CO2 levels MANY TIMES HIGHER than they are at present - and this DID NOT LEAD TO RUNAWAY GLOBAL WARMING. In fact - all it did lead to was a period of unparalleled abundance of plant and animal life, because - unlike what the lying commie scum will have you believe - higher CO2 levels are actually GOOD for the planet and are NOT a form of POLLUTION.
    5. There's also the very inconvenient truth that the planet seems to be actually going into a cooling phase now - in fact it appears as if we are on our way to another Ice Age. [This is the reason the lying commie scum have renamed their scam from "global warming" to "climate change"...

SAVVIE??? :lol:

11. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Thgtezzod7k[/youtube]
    If it was so real why the need for fraud

12. Lovey80

Lovey80 Well-Known Member

Yippie, I think to be fair, that just as the Alarmists have not been able to prove that CO2 is causing warming or will so in the future..... To be fair, the other side of the argument has not proved that it does not. While I sit in the camp of " it doesn't cause global warming, if you want to provide irrefutable proof to turn a climate theory into a scientific law, then I'll change my mind", my issues on the carbo tax are such:

1. Fact: Australia going it alone introducing the most expensive carbon tax will not and can not change global temperature.

2. For every industry that this tax pushes to the wall will only open it up to foreign companies to take up the slack and profits because they won't have a tax.

3. If and only if, they were able to prove that CO2 is a problem, then carbon trading should be OFF the table. If and a big if, there was a world consensus to action then Carbon permits should be sold by govt to allow CO2 cash to be directed straight to renewable research. Screw Goldman Sachs, screw JP Morgan, screw citi bank and especially screw the corrupt IPCC. They ain't getting a cent!

4. This is the most important thing that Big A.D. And Peter and the rest of the hippies need to understand.

Taxing CO2 regardless of it's danger or not, WILL ensure that it takes LONGER to find effective renewables to replace fossil fuels. If 100% of the cash raised from this does not go directly into finding an alternative then it hurts every one. That means, not a cent to helping "the most in need", not a cent to the UN, not a cent to consolidated revenue. Unless every dollar went directly into an account to be divided out in research grants for renewable tech, then this will and can only have a damaging effect.

Putting a chain and ball around our ankles from now until a renewable alternate is found is plain stupidity.

13. hawkeye

hawkeye New Member Silver Stacker

I'm not a scientist, but my understanding from sceptics is that CO2 does cause global warming. All the major sceptics that I have read say this.

That's why money was spent to determine whether it was a problem or not. By the time it had been determined it wasn't a problem it was too late. Too many people had built their careers on it and stood to lose a lot if the scare was non-existent. After all, there would be no need for govt to spend all that money on them. It was like a runaway train where no-one wants to stop it. After all, the few people that have spoke up have been completely vilified.

14. Ghost

Ghost Member Silver Stacker

OMFG!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

+1 and the End result is terrifying
    Whatever You Think of Global Warming Fascism is Not Cool
    http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2010/03/whatever-you-think-of-global-warming-fascism-is-not-cool.html
    WTF?!

16. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

CO2 is a greenhouse gas, so yes - it does add to global warming - but the point is that the part that it adds to global warming is so minute as to be completely insignificant.

The biggest known (yet not fully understood) factor in global warming is the SUN and it's complex cycles...
    yes - fancy THAT being the cause of global warming huh? that big ball of hydrogen some 150 million kms awy that is busy at it 24/7 converting H2 to He via nuclear fusion ... fancy that hey!??
    Can governments use that as an excuse to scare people into taxing them? NO ...

The next greatest contributor to global warming would be water ... yep - good old H2O vapour. Due to its abundance here on earth - H2O has the strongest greenhouse effect of all greenhouse gases here on earth.
    Can governments use that as an excuse to scare people into taxing them? NO ...
    They do already tax people for water shortages, but they cannot very well tax people because there is too much water around now can they? NO ...

Probably the SMALLEST CONTRIBUTOR to greenhouse warming on earth is CO2 [ZERO on a contract]... due to it's minute proportion of the atmosphere (and unlike H2O there is not limitless bounds of it in liquid and solid form).
    Can governments use it as an excuse to scare people into taxing them for producing "excessive amounts of CO2"?
    ONLY in Australia apparently....

:lol:

17. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

So you're trying to say the Sun causes temperature differences on earth, and increased solar activity equals increase warmth on our planet?! I'm still confused just how do you tax that? :p

I wonder if mars has warmed? I mean there are 2 cars on Mars and both are electric (so no emissions issues) so if mars has warmed I suppose you could blame the sun?

18. Lovey80

Lovey80 Well-Known Member

I think you'll find YKY that there is actually close enough to limitless amounts of CO2 available to be in the atmosphere. There has been far far higher concentrations of CO2 (10x) in our history.

The problem with the alarmist campaign is thier tripling effect hypothesis. Ie they maintain that over a certain ppm of CO2 for every ppm that we add in CO2 to the atmosphere, the CO2 causes 3ppm of H2O to increase in the atmosphere. It is the H2O forming insulating clouds that they claim will actually cause the warming.

This is the keystone of the whole AGW argument. Without this, they have absolutely nothing, nada, zilch.

The problem they have is two fold IMO.

Firstly, they haven't even come close to replicating their "tripling" effect outside of laboratory conditions. Ie they can prove that CO2 concentrations above a certain point add 3ppm of H2O in a closed lab environment but they can't prove that actually happens in the earths atmosphere.

Secondly, even if they could prove the tripling effect in the atmosphere, they can't even come close to being able to tell us what sort of clouds will form as a result of the extra H2O in the atmosphere.

As some clouds cause an insulating effect and some do not, they are relying as always on the "precautionary principle" to guilt us into action. Greenies like the AMCS and Pew group love doing this with fisheries restrictions when they can't prove that stocks are in danger or that green zones will actually work.

Weather scientists can't tell us accurately what sort of clouds will be formed to get the weather right three days in advance half the time, yet Goldman Sachs and their buddies are funding all the right people to tell us they can predict that "if" the tripling effect turns out to be true, that the type of clouds in our atmosphere will possibly be the right ones to cause warming in one hundred years time.

And they wonder why I am sitting in the skeptics camp until convinced otherwise? They call us flat earthers lol. If this is not faith based religious zealotry of the highest order I don't know what is.

Religious zealots use the precautionary principle so they don't go to hell, even though there is absolutely no evidence of the existence of god. I find it funny that so many of the AGW believers are atheists.

19. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

[​IMG]

20. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

yes there have been times in our past where CO2 levels have been far higher (10x) than present - i alluded to that in one of my previous posts - and like i said there - there was no runaway greenhouse effect or excessive temperatures - what there WAS however was a richness in plant and animal life unlike anything known on earth...

So FAR from being a pollutant - higher levels of CO2 act instead as a FERTILISER...

suck on THAT BigAD and all the other lamebrains on here :lol: