ALCYONE Resources (AYN)

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by SilverSanchez, Feb 17, 2011.

1. CLZ

CLZ New Member

Could you make a value analysis for oz of silver? Silver price is speculation and junior mining is also speculation.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am seeking these miners at the moment, because I think now is the right moment. (I just think silver mining is more right place to be than gold mining.)

Very good article from this subject:
    http://zealllc.com/2013/gsvalu9.htm

Some other interesting from same subject:
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/glob...s-surges-to-multi-year-highs/article10312788/

I think it is highly probable that gold and silver are transfering at the moment to the secular bulls 3 phase which means price starts to bend to parabolic so this is probably last sell of in miners.

Please suggest good silver (junior) miners from ASX. Or miners that produce mostly silver. Or they have good deposits of silver.

Thank you.

"I think it was a long step forward in my trading education when I realized at last that when old Mr. Partridge kept on telling the other customers, "Well, you know this is a bull market!" he really meant to tell them that the big money was not in the individual fluctuations but in the main movements that is, not in reading the tape but in sizing up the entire market and its trend."
    --Jesse Livermore

2. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

yes, silver PRICE is speculation the number goes up and down but silver's VALUE is a different number. Value is almost everything... price is almost nothing

its ok though, back in 2010 people told me to stay on the sidelines so i could learn, i ignored then as well :)

good luck with alcyone

3. CLZ

CLZ New Member

>>Value analysis is almost everything

>Could you make a value analysis for oz of silver? Silver price is speculation and junior mining is also speculation.

>yes, silver PRICE is speculation the number goes up and down but silver's VALUE is a different number.

Yes, I asked that could you do a VALUE analysis for oz of silver.

(I think you are mixing things - well, you have read intelligent investor so at least apprentice of graham is not buying gold because it is speculation.)

>good luck with alcyone

I don't speculate by believing and hoping for luck.

(New in the forum don't mean that you are new in the business, so btw. do you know what is secular bull?)

For all of you:
    Please suggest good silver (junior) miners from ASX. Or miners that produce mostly silver. Or they have good deposits of silver.

If someone suggest something I can continue why I am interested what JPM is doing.

4. MyNamesNotBen

MyNamesNotBen New Member

For all of you:

CCU- cobar consolidated resources. Possibly the best share listed on the ASX :p

5. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

BHP, but they're probably going to sell Cannington anyway. Buy physical silver, and buy ASX listed silver companies on a basis of fundamentals like you should any other company. This will mean you won't buy any ASX listed silver company.

6. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'm guessing it would be someone who claims they "don't speculate by believing and hoping for luck.", followed by the statement "New in the forum don't mean that you are new in the business...", then asks total strangers on the interwebs for speculative stock tips? :D

7. CLZ

CLZ New Member

Do you know what is secular bull?

Please answer my questions which I asked above.

8. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

No, I don't know what is secular bull.
    However, I do know what a secular bull market is.

9. CLZ

CLZ New Member

>Buy physical silver
    > buy ASX listed silver companies on a basis of fundamentals like you should any other company.

Physical silver is speculation but companies have to be bought based on fundamentals?

None of you read that article:

The most important driver of gold-mining profits by far is the price of gold. It takes about a decade to bring a new gold mine online, and the average operating costs of that mine are largely determined up front in the planning stage. No matter how high energy or labor costs go over a mine's operating life, the great majority of the costs were fixed on construction. So higher gold prices directly translate into higher profits.

If a miner can wrest this rare metal from the bowels of the earth for $800 per ounce, and gold is trading at $1500, it earns a healthy $700-per-ounce profit. But the inherent profits leverage boosts these profits far faster than gold rises since costs are essentially fixed. If gold rallies 33% to $2000, the profit of this operation soars 71% to $1200. Higher gold prices drive potent non-linear earnings growth for miners.

It is all about price of silver and gold and price of silver and gold is speculation.

10. CLZ

CLZ New Member

so funny

Please answer my questions which I asked above.

11. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

What a crock - where did you find this article from ?

You really think if the price of labour doubles and the price of oil goes up 500% that won't have a major impact on production costs of a gold mine ??

12. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

Australia doesnt have any good silver miners.

You have CCU, SVL, ARD, AYN and MRP (who is really a gold play) and thats about it.
    Australia doesnt have silver standard, endevour silver, silver wheaton or any other high quality pure silver miner (junior, mid or major)

So stop being all 'chest out' - nobody has to take your loss, or enjoy your profits but you. These forums arnt for arguing about crappy little playgroup squabble about whos better smarter and more accurate.

The biggest silver content mine in australia is owned by BHP and its not a pure silver mine

13. finicky

A true successor to Macmin Mining. This time around it was all going to be so different. Why rob banks, this is easier

19th September

Appendix 3B
    New issue announcement

Current total
    3,760,768,796 fpo shares + usual heap of options

3rd October

Now they are adding another almost billion shares and almost half a million free attached options

From poster over at HC:
    http://announcements.bursamalaysia....Investment in Quoted Securities (Alcyone).pdf

[imgz=http://forums.silverstackers.com/uploads/1893_ayn_oct.gif][​IMG][/imgz]

14. Greenman

Greenman Member Silver Stacker

How many shares per cent will that make it? Wow. I hope nobody here holds them.

I have no doubt that many others will be issuing new shares imminently.

15. finicky

4.736 billion shares, not counting masses of options

This company never made a dollar of profit, same as its predecessor Macmin Mining

Yet:

Sept 16th 2013
    Announcement
    Change of Director's Interest Notices

3 directors awarded 44 million free shares each for performance

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=AYN&E=ASX&N=649059
    http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=AYN&E=ASX&N=649058
    http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=AYN&E=ASX&N=649058

In 2012

The top four directors and managers averaged $327,000 each in total remuneration

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-item?S=AYN&E=ASX&N=608865

16. Ag bullet

Ag bullet Well-Known Member

what's doing? Still in trading halt and an announcement still pending after being deferred countless times.

17. pi

pi Active Member Silver Stacker

Yes I hold a small amount in my SMSF so I too am anxiously waiting for trading to resume so I can push SELL before everyone else does! (At .001 I'm assuming)

18. Ag bullet

yep, failed to make an anouncement yesterday. again! where does the ASX draw the line? just make the anouncement!

19. Guest

Guest Guest

Glad I got out ages ago

20. Ag bullet

i see the 6th may was the last announcement. "um, we'll make another announcement next month"