Hedge fund manager admits he has no idea what he is doing
Wall Street – Prominent hedge fund manager, Gary Goldstein – from GoldSlice Capital Partners – admitted that he has no idea what he is doing.
“The stock market has always confused the heck out of me,” Gary said in a rather stern yet remarkable interview. “I mean sometimes stocks go up and
sometimes stocks go down. I just am never sure if the stock I am going to buy will go up or will go down.”
Gary went to elaborate how he has no clue what kind of discount rate to use or what a capital asset pricing model (CAPM) is.
“I will have fresh MBA interns in for the summer who will ask me what WAAC to use in their discounted cash flow model they built out in Microsoft Excel. I usually just say the one that makes the most sense because I have no idea what WAAC even stands for.”
Gary graduated from college at
Harvard University in the late 1960s. Back then Gary had long brown hair that blew in the wind, smelled like rank reefer and protested everything the Johnson administration was doing.
“
I took way too much LSD in my college years man,” Gary stated with a dead look on his face. “Shit man, I don’t even know what I learned.”
After Gary managed to graduate from college, he got a job on Wall Street as an investment banker at Bear Sterns. Gary worked at Bear Sterns for a few years then launched his hedge fund to outside capital in the fall of 1983.
...