Where to...

Discussion in 'Silver' started by SilverSale, Nov 1, 2011.

1. RomanControl

RomanControl New Member

2. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

Be afraid be VERY afraid

3. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

In a crash,the AUD would definitely go back to a least 70c,or maybe even 50c,I'd say.
    It occured to me a year ago,in an odd twist of my mind for a second, that buying gold is currency trading.
    (maybe thats what they mean by Gold is Money)
    You could currency trade by buying Usd,Yen,Euro...and selling it back when it moved the right way against AUD,
    or you could buy Gold and sell it back when AUD fell against Gold.
    Either way you end up with more AUD at the end of the trade.
    People buy Gold in Australia to sell it later , to end up with more AUD!
    A very simple idea but one that never had occurred to me before.
    So everyone who buys gold in Australia is hoping the AUD will fall against gold.

My whole PM investing stratagy is simple.
    After going almost mad juggling all the info available to me for years,it come down to this.
    Are we headed for a major economic downturn?
    Yes.
    When this happens our commodities (iron ore,etc) will no longer be bought,because of low economic production of everything.
    The gambling in the AUD that takes place because of its high interest rates will cease,because people will withdraw their money.
    Australian dollar will fall dramatically.

Gold in USD might go up or down a little,but people will be buying both for safety reasons.

SO Gold up 40% in AUD.

The chances of it falling to this range are the same as a major economic downturn occuring.
    I'd say 70-85% at the moment,wouldn't you?

Now I might be wrong,who can know for certain.But its the safest and best bet.
    And if I lose a little being wrong in this, thats OK because I won't be facing a major depression.

(gold can act like insurance.When you house doesn't burn down by the end of the year, you don't think your've wasted the money,do you)

I also believe that those that gain by financial manipulation(countries,banks,etc) hate gold because they can't manipulate it and it makes there games obviousl, and will do anything they can to prevent it being a stable alternative.So expect a wild ride with gold.
    You will doubt your choice many times before finally winning thru.
    Regards

4. gelxi

gelxi New Member

Gents, ladies, my friends, we have LIFT OFF tonight

5. RetardedMonkey

RetardedMonkey Active Member Silver Stacker

HAHAHA

I came here to post this - he's nowhere to be seen.

6. gelxi

gelxi New Member

As usual, AUD being a spoilsport by matching Silver's rise... it's difficult for XAG/AUD to break out of range!

7. alex.ross

alex.ross New Member

I'm always wary when gold and silver prices gone up along with equities (European markets are up around 2% atm). What goes up quickly will go down as quick.

8. SilverSale

SilverSale Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The bulls are filled with hope, any 30c move - don't like your chances guys. LOL

9. pmstacker

pmstacker New Member

For some reason, christmas seems to usually have a bit of a rally for a few things (if you exclude that october and stuff is usually when stock markets collapsed LOL) maybe its all that shopping and running up the credit card that boosts the economy ... we are heading towards that period now so maybe thats what it is. If your convinced of a bleak 2012, maybe its a good time now to get your short options in while premiums are cheap ...

10. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

Doesn't sound any different to your bear hope based only a vague reference to a 'fifth wave' and nothing else of substance...

11. Stedlar

Stedlar Active Member

So it looks like it is going to touch USD35 soon.

12. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

Rumors out of Europe seem inflationary lately so any update?

13. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Firstly... learn what inflation and deflation is.. increase or decrease in money supply

Depression.. there was real money in the 1930s so PRICE deflation was measured in real money - gold and silver .. not unbacked fiat (major major major difference)

PRICE DEFLATION PHENOMENON: we are paying more for all commodites and finite goods WHERE THE VARIABLES HAVE REMAINED CONSTANT, the fast moving consumer good cycle and globalisation gives mis-leading stats on falling prices as outsourcing to 3rd world countries with cheaper overheads and mass production reduces pricing, also new technology create price deflation. The other way of hiding price inflation is diminishing quality and servings etc like what we see in services like petrol stations, air travel, sydney retail service..

Other than retiring debt and burning fiat, freezing debt ceiling, 10% interest rates etc i cant actually see any POSSIBILITY of deflation, USA will absolultey not create less money, so OF COURSE the aggregate money supply is realistically INFLATING, not deflating or going sideways.. bail-outs and expanding govt is ALL INFLATION, when the FED lends money to the IMF its inflation. (also exhange rate but im talking aggregate economics so exchange rates dont apply on a world view).

Price deflation is a good thing for consumers as it increases our standard of living, we can buy more for the same income, its just not gonna happen under a fiat system --- given all the central bankers are keynesians id say the threat of actual deflation is IMPOSSIBLE and until they elect ron paul and honest money is rectified then its JUST inflation and the trickled down effect of higher prices for goods and services.

Drunk Sailor - economy
    Alcohol - Inflation
    Hangover - Price Inflation (you need the inflation to push the price inflation as more paper chases the SAME amount of goods and services.

Understand the velocity of money before you talk about what "CAMP" your in and crapping on about deflation.. sure its not good for silver prices.. its also not happening for commodites (finite goods are going UP EXACTLY because we are under SERIOUS INFLATIONARY PRESSURE!)

Look at commodites charts to see price pressures ON THE MAJORITY OF FINITE GOODS, i really question peoples logic and research that can keep calling the "deflationist" angle (unless they are talking about price deflation relative to precious metals - then they are being logical and talking my language).

A Diminshed Quality B Outsourced to 3rd world slave labour(foxconn) , C technological advancment D your tripping

http://www.bworldonline.com/content...-food-prices-hit-record-high-in-2011&id=45022

World food prices hit record high in 2011

1for1

14. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

Bang on there, just the repayments alone on the debt ceiling even at 1% require money to be printed to pay the debt, 1% of $15Ttrillion

15. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Exactly dude.. just that one policy alone should be enough to prove that point.. nehmind the other 50 logical arguments.. this is not a carbon tax debate with logic on both sides.. this is a clear misunderstanding of 101 economic principles..

Expand monetary supply stimulus, obamacare, NT USA army base, debt ceiling, euro bailout - INFLATION .. period.. yakkity yak dont talk back.

Ron Paul is the only american i have heard that would even contemplate deflationary measures.. so unless you thinking the easter bunny is bringing it.. where is it coming from? Oh and if you listen to helicoptor ben or tiny timmy then your mental.

1for1

16. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

Bankruptcies and people paying down debt.

17. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

and we're talking generations to fix it if its at all fixable........if you're not into gold yet, then I can't imagine a more compelling argument not to be

18. 1for1

1for1 Well-Known Member

Bail-outs, too big to fails and record CC debt - personal debt, govt debt...

I was talking purely aggregate (govt or WW) but on a mico level while i believe lots of private sector companies and individuals are going under, i see the expansion of govt and the creation of money by central banks only growing as they need to fuel the financial bubbles with more and more fiat, the debt ceiling is the best example of the EVER EXPANDING NATURE of money supply under this fiat system..

We are in a paradigm where Aggregate M3 Money supply must continue its exponential growth... this house of cards IS unsustainable.. we will either get a monetary crisis.. a loss of confidence and new system OR hyperinflation.. No worries about Deflation bro.. otherwise id not be in metals.. and cash would be king as our purchasing power continued to improve.. this is clearly a fallacy and we should make Kava in Australia at least more expensive!

1for1

19. Guest

Guest Guest

Silver's headed for a big leg up now, I can feel it in me bones.

20. PrettyPrettyShinyShiny

PrettyPrettyShinyShiny Well-Known Member

dunno.. if Euro disappears, silver might take a temporary dive. I can feel it in me waters. :p