Trump's trade war with China

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by willrocks, Aug 23, 2019.

1. openeyes

openeyes Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Well I would happily take that bet. Of course there are numerous open points in my statement primary of which would be timeframe which in turn makes a bet indeterminate. And your statement “won’t happen” in the context of an indeterminate timeframe seems unfair to you.

Further which of the following won’t happen
    1. Autonomous soldiers
    2. AI Wars
    3. Nuclear batteries
    4. Draconian and authoritarian leaderships using drones to control people
    5. That you won’t experience any of the above

I take your point if your death is nigh that you may not experience some of the above points.

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  2. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

1. Paid soldiers like in Syria, called ISIS army...cost a bunch, when country went in, just like Russia did...totally annihilated
    2. Robot Wars check out YouTube, just like Atari games
    3. Nuclear powered missiles or Poseidon

66rounds likes this.
  3. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

4 and 5.

We can work out the particular details of the bet once we have a “virtual handshake “. They’re just logistics.

How about you just leave a coin in your will for my estate? I’d say you’re younger than me but I could be wrong. ;)

openeyes likes this.
  4. openeyes

Here is the first phase of 4

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cn...-tech-bird-drones-to-watch-over-its-citizens/

I and sure you are older than me ))). Who knows.

Re point 5 I admit is not in the next 5 years in Australia. Although in many other countries that have existing authoritarian leaderships in place I think it is being actively tested and considered. Tear gas capable drones would have to be on the near horizon. The USA police are heavily militarized and will likely implement such capabilities in the next five years under the guise of protecting the welfare of police.

My coin is ready to be delivered but sadly I think I will be receiving one not sending one. But hey I could well be proven wrong. I so hope that proves to be the case and would happily deliver a UNC 50c for your enjoyment.

mmm....shiney! likes this.
  5. Silver Soul

Silver Soul Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

@ openeyes I wouldn't be worried about bird drones, but swarm drones, that can be programmed to kill any type of enemy. The tech is here and now. So I will back your bet.

openeyes and 66rounds like this.
  6. alor

7. Silver Soul

Silver Soul Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Caveman mentality, only care about your clan. Stupid sandniggahs

8. sgbuyer

sgbuyer Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Base metals is a huge short. Looks like a real time replay of the 1997 AFC where trade stops because bank issued LCs cannot be trusted. So it’s Dollars TT upfront or no metal.

Unlike the US which has the FED to print unlimited dollars and pump into American banks in 2008, Asian banks cannot print dollars.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  9. alor

66rounds likes this.
  10. openeyes

11. classic

classic Member

perhaps china's gaze has left the united states of america in search for greener pastures because as they say, when one door closes.. another one opens..

"China's trillion-dollar "One Belt, One Road" initiative (BRI) is an attempt to revive the Silk Road, an ancient trade route that for hundreds of years connected the East and West during the days of the Roman Empire."

"..linking China with Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas through a network of seaports, railways, roads and industrial parks. The major goal of the 21st century Silk Road project is to create greater connectivity across the world to promote peace through trade and development."

[​IMG]

"China's trade volume with the Association of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN) is already surpassing its trade volume with the United States and is picking up speed, according to Gao."

https://www.rt.com/business/468724-china-silk-road-bri/

66rounds likes this.
  12. openeyes

The US becomes less relevant day by day especially in the trade arena.

66rounds likes this.
  13. alor

WASHINGTON — The U.S. State Department has OK’d Poland to buy the F-35, America’s most advanced fighter, setting up the country as the newest customer for the fifth-generation jet.
    after Turkey's non delivery

attempt to trying to block the silk road

66rounds likes this.
  14. alor

15. alor

66rounds likes this.
  16. sgbuyer

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/s/www...xport-slump-extends-to-ninth-month-amid-gloom

Exports data from a neutral country is a good indicator of economic activity of the export market.

Interestingly the export to Japan only fell a little, contrary to what you would have imagined from the MSM reports.

Higher income countries generally have larger domestic economies due to higher personal disposable income and can whether recessions much better.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
    Shaddam IV and 66rounds like this.
  17. TreasureHunter

TreasureHunter Well-Known Member

What most people won't say or don't even see:

The "Belt and Road Initiative" and other initiatives by China can propel them to a never before seen globally powerful economic position.
    As I see it: they're stretching cross their borders with new infrastructure connecting them with the rest of the world, especially with Europe and Africa.

China has set foot in Africa, they're grabbing Europe with maritime/railway and road connections.

Not only they will become the most powerful economy in the world, but they're founding new links that connect them with Germany, core-Europe (see Central Europe: Hungary, Poland, Czech Republic, Austria), Russia.

Not only to sell their export products, but also to:
    - develop and control infrastructure and powerfully influence entire regions (and implant themselves militarily to places like: Eritrea, Pakistan and dominate the entrance to the Red Sea, set foot militarily in the Indian Ocean etc.)
    - attract new allies (economically and politically): blackmail will probably start in a later phase
    - "help" the enthusiastic new partners (like the various African countries) with credits (which will have to be paid back in the end)
    - to develop global presence (economical, political, military) by stretching out of the relative isolation (China being the most isolated great power: geographically, political - just check the map and see how they're surrounded by deserts, the Himalayas and potential "enemies")
    - etc.

China could consolidate a tremendously strong position (while the US' power is slowly decaying). Obviously, not everyone is happy about in the world.

The US is attempting to block them. This is why Trump is slamming China with the "trade war".

I might not be right, but the Middle East crises (especially Iran and the recent problems in Saudi Arabia), Venezuela, etc. They might as well be proxy-conflicts between the two giants: the US and China.

What do you think?

sgbuyer and 66rounds like this.
  18. sgbuyer

Good analysis I must say. The only problem is whether the Europeans and Russians are willing to subject themselves to the new "Han empire". The "Roman empire" is also very powerful and Africa is their territory.

I don't think Trump is trying to really block China or create a real conflict with China. He doesn't really care and is only an opportunist looking for better business deals. If you look at it objectively, geography wise, the US and China make perfect allies as they are so far apart, even if they may compete on commerce. But the ideology of the US threatens the Chinese rulers.

The US is self-sufficient in food, energy and technology and has a large enough domestic consumer market and 2 great oceans separating it from the chaotic Euroasia, something which no other country in the world has. Just like during WWII, the whole world can burn while Americans still can party all night, as long as they don't get involved.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  19. alor

20. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

I doubt they will. They simply aren’t rich enough. And the way they’re going are not going to be.

There’s a marked difference between the size of an economy and how strong an economy is.

China’s GDP per capita is USD7 755 whereas the US is USD54 541. I’m predicting India (USD2 104) will have a stronger economy than China down the track because it is a democratic, free-market nation . Whether India surpasses the US as the most powerful economy I’m not sure.

Australia’s is USD56 919, of course we’re nowhere near as big as the US economy obviously.

Shaddam IV likes this.