Trade Dispute Resolutions - input sought

Discussion in 'Questions & Comments' started by goldpelican, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I disagree that 36 hours is "quite a delay".

2. Goldenjosh88

Goldenjosh88 New Member Silver Stacker

Hi Stackers,

Just wanted to share my side of story as well as it looks like sammy here wants to play the victim..
    I think sammy here was referring to me. Its true that she buzzed an ounce of gold and advised me that payment will be made the next day by direct deposit to a nab branch and would send me confirmation.i waited till midday the next day and i didn't get a confirmation so i messaged him to see what is going on then he said that he was just waiting for the weather to calm down as it was raining. so i messaged him back to let him know that i will be working from 3pm so payment must be made before that so i can post the item asap.then he messaged me back to say that its ok for me to post it the following day ()then here we go again i just checked my account after work the funds wasn't there so i messaged him again saying if hes still interested or not as i needed the money asap for a new project.a simple reply would be great but didnt get any i decided later that night to keep it as i think hes not interested anymore because of all the reason he gave me. i messaged him in the morning saying that i still havent received the funds so im no longer selling the 1 oz gold.then here we go later that morning i got a messaged that funds are already in my account and that i needed to post the coin. he just made the deposit because he saw the spot price of gold went up so suddenly he became interested again. as you can see on my feedback some of the stackers that left me positive feedback are all a long time Members here and never encountered any problem like this before. now i dare sammy to copy paste all the converstation we had since day 1 and post it here so you guys can judge :) and im willing to do the same :)

Kind Regards,
    Gerald

3. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

Yeah my banks always a 24-36 hour jobby

4. valuecreator

valuecreator Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

dude, people have busy lives, and are not always in a position to answer your coms right away, not to mention banking delays. You have to give them some slack.

I mean, you offered your coins for sale 3 or 4 days ago and you got paid already... You're just a bit impatient.

Personally, you're exactly the type of seller I don't want to deal with, so I'm I'm grateful for sammy to bring this to our attention. The $ was in your acct, there is just no excuse.

vc out.

5. Goldenjosh88

i too have a busy life lol you dont advise people that your going to direct deposit the funds today then later on when you check it isn't there. a simple message would be great to let me know that he is going to do it in the morning :)

6. valuecreator

valuecreator Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

not a reason to reneg on a deal.

in case you're not aware: you just alienated a bunch of potential buyers here because of your biz ethics...

7. Goldenjosh88

read my message i advised him that i needed the funds asap for a new project.so instead i sold my lunar series 1 silver coin to one of the members to get the remaining funds that i needed and got the funds asap with no problem as that particular member is looking for one :) the deal reached 36 hours man with no message saying why the payment has been delayed

8. silversearcher

silversearcher Active Member Silver Stacker

36 hours is a delay. Usually these transfer delays are caused by banks ( this cannot be helped ). Of course there are 2 sides to every story. But a weather delay doesn't cut the mustard. Business is business and Christmas is Christmas. Payment delays, postage and stock delays is simply for amateurs it's best those not dabble with a floating precious metals price.

Cheers

9. Goldenjosh88

i would understand if it was a bank transfer but a direct deposit to a nab branch is real time means that i get the funds in my account straight away and thats what he said he will do a direct deposit to a nab branch :) so as you can see there is so much time wasted already 36 hours for a direct deposit is a DELAY plus the buyer haven't message me later that night to let me know whats going on.i believe i already gave him enough time plus i told him that i needed the funds asap for a new project since day 1.

10. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

From accepted buzz to funds transfer taking 36 hours is quite a delay. Most banks hold your transfer for a day or two but you can send the seller something to indicate you've done the transfer - is what I'm talking about. Not the receipt into your account.

If within 36 hours the seller or buyer could decide spot has moved too much and either not transfer or say the sale is cancelled, unless the transaction has commenced. Poor form but in my view it's not a trade until the transfer has begun. That would include, something to the effect 'sorry I can't transfer until the day after tomorrow is this OK?' and a positive response from the seller.

Clear lines of communication solve all these problems.

11. sammy

sammy Active Member Silver Stacker

Hi Gerald,

I'm not playing the victim here mate, by the sounds of things from other members, I already have been hard done by. I'm happy to post a summary of our dealings if you would like.

And for the record, it wasn't my intention to post your name - someone else did that.

Here's a summary of what happened:

Monday Night - I Buzzed a coin that was for sale. I received a reply from Gerald giving me his details. I replied that night with my details and told him I would deposit the next day.
    Tuesday - I didn't deposit first thing in the morning as it was raining here in Sydney so I thought I'd go to his bank in the afternoon once the weather cleared. I received a message from him asking if the funds had been sent. I replied and said that I hadn't due to waiting for a break in the rain to go to the bank. That afternoon I got really busy at work and by the time I got to have a breather the banks had closed (I accept responsibility for this). Gerald sent me a message that night asking about payment, but I did not check my messages when I got home - I have two kids.
    Wednesday - I sent a message telling him that I had done the deposit. At around the same time, he had sent a message saying the coin was no longer for sale 'since i didnt received the funds yesterday so i just sold my series1 silver set instead to make up for the amount that i needed.spot is up as well. sorry about that'. This is the first I heard about a deadline on sending payment - I thought If I'd buzzed the coin and confirmed that I'd pay for it then it was a locked deal.

We went back and forth on the matter on Private Message (Gerald was always polite during this time, I have to say that), but there was no way he would send the coin because he said that he did not need the money because he had to sell some other item. However the past two days he has listed other times for similar prices - and obviously needs the money.

I've resigned myself to not getting the coin, and am happy to move on, but I do think this is poor form of you to find an excuse to cancel the sale on the pretext that you don't need the money any longer, and then list items because you 'have other projects'. His exact words to me last night when I asked him why he is selling other items for similar prices if he doesn't want money was 'I dont need the money lol im just selling my [other items] for a new project i dont normally keep fractional gold coins but they were pretty so i want to let them go now.im keeping all the 1oz gold that i have'

I'm not looking to get into a big drama/situation on this so do you want to let this go here?

12. Goldenjosh88

Hi Sammy,

whats done is done :) i know it was not you who mentioned my name.its ok mate not causing a big drama here just wanted to explain my side on why i cancelled the sale.but you already explained everything i don't want to argue anymore.i already did the refund yesterday since the one u gave me on wed is a wrong bsb #.its all fixed and you have received the funds already :) so lets just end this and just move on.cheers

13. boneyard

boneyard Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

FFS............

the time and effort you have both spent typing your stories could have been spent doing something else.

36 hours...........

You both need to get out of the he hectic life of spinning the wheel in the hamster cage!!!

Enjoy every minute and take sometime to smell the roses..

You are both still breathing and not lost any blood?

Have a good weekend to all.

14. RichardAL

RichardAL Active Member Silver Stacker

Something a little bit similar - someone changed the price upwards on a small silver deal which was pending at the time using a slight change in spot as a justification, no funds were exchanged and the deal died. Needless to say I'll be extremely wary of that someone in the future, but since there was no deal I don't feel comfortable leaving negative feedback, or I am just being silly?

It seemed to me that the someone was just employing a trial close sales tactic - in the end they've lost my trust but some people never look at it like that. More importantly what's the best way to let other people on the forum know that the someone engages in those sort of pressure selling moves?

Given the rarity of negative trading feedback that I've come across, adding some is a pretty damning statement.

15. danman49

danman49 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Julies post looks great! Just a few points that might be useful as a bit of a postage guide:

Australia Post can provide insurance at around 3.5% of the items value BUT if you read the fine print bullion and money are not covered. You may be able to get around this but insuring the items through them may well be nothing more than a false sense of security.

PAYPAL invoicing costs around 3.6% of the total monies paid but can provide both the seller and buyer with protection IF all the rules are adhered to.

If the seller does not take the time to package an item correctly the buyer may well end up with damaged goods or no goods at all, no matter what level of postal service is used. Just recently I had a lad send me a tube of maples with the tube top NOT restrained and the tube placed in a standard A4 padded envelope. In transit the tube lid came off, the coins bounced around and managed to punch a hole through the weak crease where the envelope flap folds over. I received 19 slightly the worse for wear coins with tracking and signature! The same can happen if you send fiddies in envelopes without sticking them to a card first.

NEVER put tape directly on the tube, roll, bar, capsule, coin or coin box, it leaves a glue residue at best and can destroy a box. Put bubble wrap, a bag or even cling wrap on the item then tape over it.

Even a 1 kg ugly ABC bar needs packaging!

If you want lessons in how to pack an item see Chip, he takes more time in his packaging than most people do in the whole selling process!

Cheers.

Danny

16. Golden ChipMunk

Golden ChipMunk Well-Known Member

Did Someone Rang 1300 CHIP Hotline???? :D

Correct!!! Danman

1. Never sticky tape directly on Capsules, Coins & Bars, no matter what values the value is.

2. Materials you can find at home - Kitchen Cling Wrap, Newspaper, even Toilet Paper , of course don't suggest you used the one that have been used. :p

3. Never put Loose stuffs in the box. Always buddle into one. If it rattle in the box then it is no good. This will eventually give way during the journey. ( suggest packed the Void with squeeze newspaper , bubble wrap )

4. If the coin are 5 oz and over ( Heavy Coin ), comes with capsules, wrapped them up really good. Any shocked impact will cracked the capsules. Even you have to multiple wrapped them.

5. If the item comes in Original cardboard box, make sure the outer box can with stand impact. Again don't put them loose in the box as this will damaged OCB.

6. Make sure the materials you use are Free from Grease, dust, oil

7. Tube coins with Original Seal, again cling wrapped up first before Put taped on them.

8. Spend a bit of extra time wont hurt at all. People don't mind paying a bit extras for your items sell. ;)

9. How to test if it Pass??? , If it rattle in the box then it Fail the Test. so packed them until there is no rattle.

10. Lastly, Any heavy content make sure put extra tape around [ins]the Outer Packaging[/ins] . This goes for envelope content too.

A Happy Buyer will always come back to you ;)

17. tozak

tozak Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

^All my packages meet the field goal test, if I think I could kick a field goal with the package and the item will still remain undamaged then I know I have packed it up enough.

18. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Does aluminium foil prevent X-ray eyes?

19. screaming eagle

screaming eagle Active Member Silver Stacker

Not at all.

20. Golden ChipMunk

Golden ChipMunk Well-Known Member

How about Lead?