Trade Dispute Resolutions - input sought

Discussion in 'Questions & Comments' started by goldpelican, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Miloman

Miloman Active Member Silver Stacker

Yes, I've been through it once.

[Rant on]
    Decades of martial arts, including real fights taught me a few lessons. One is Respect. Do the wrong thing face the consequences. Most people are too scared to do the right thing. I always give them a chance first. See I'm the guy talking to the police when the thug wakes up with paramedics attending to them. Never underestimate anyone, especially people that are polite, seriously.

I don't mind the arena either, including court, in front of a judge, whatever, you'll be surprise at just how obvious things become.

Plenty of people on here know me personally and know the person I am by what I've done and who I am. So I am in a great position, a position that is earnt not just talked about on a forum. Real life.

Everyone deserves respect, to live peacefully and always a chance if they make a mistake, even several chances, we all make mistakes but it's what we do about them that shows the person we are or aren't.

Mind you it always helps the donkey to move if they know you carry a big club (metaphorically speaking). [Rant off]

I respect anyone with a justified claim to leave negative feedback for others. They are helping us all here.

JM2C

2. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'm not sure how any of that relates to anything you've quoted me on

3. Miloman

My thoughts are on the reluctance part. I am willing to bear waiting for the retaliatory feedback to be removed because I believe I am doing the right thing and decided to share my thoughts.

The "reluctance" means people have an aversion, fear, unwillingness, hesitation. The big part is the underlying aspect of the fear/hesitation in regards to time to resolve, possibly negative perception etc.

I think it's a service to leave negative feedback if warranted.

People shy away from doing the right thing because of the "costs" associated with it. That's my point.

4. REDBACK

REDBACK Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I am happy to sponsor the hiring of a boxing ring at a SS meeting $25 entry fee to reimburse part cost
    5 rounds of 60 seconds each
    Winner takes all,both money and PM'S
    Looking for a donation of a silver bell to start & finish the rounds.
    Well call it the SS (Silver Smackers) boxing event.
    We could run it out of a tent the Ozzie way and travel from City to city when meetings are held.
    Looking for business partners to get this off the ground.
    3x 25% shares available

REDBACK

5. Miloman

Haha,
    Nah, why go to that much trouble? I have mates that are trainers and also promote (put on fights), here in Sydney is easiest.

If you sold enough tickets I am sure he'd put on a "silverstackers fight night", complete with silver disco lights.

6. Golden ChipMunk

Golden ChipMunk Well-Known Member

Any News on OTIS??! Is he still a runner...

7. sammy

sammy Active Member Silver Stacker

why not hold money in escrow until the delivery is made? It'll require more paperwork/admin time - which I'm sure a buyer/seller could agree to - but it'll be safer for both parties and free up the Admins to focus on other things.

8. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Deal on reputation if you're worried.

I'm happy to deal with new members, if I'm a seller then there is no problem, if I'm a buyer I'll ask for the member to deliver the item first before I pay - I'm backing my own reputation there. It's simple, no extra paperwork and doesn't require any other party to be involved.

9. REDBACK

REDBACK Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Julies template is too good to mess with so i have just added my 2 cents worth.

I believe dispute resolution starts foremost with clear guidelines of each persons expectations when entering the transaction.

Most disputes are not clear rip-offs but arise due to the above aforementioned.
    And on that note trade feedback and other members endorsements can go a long way to giving peace of mind.but occasionally 'rarely' somebody may get shafted.
    New members that launch into sales without credibility(feedback) or introductions are quickly brought to heeland thats for a reason-To protect the less experienced members from entering into a possible bad transaction and loosing hard earned money.
    New members with zero feedback maybe asked by to send product to an existing trusted member with feedback first before payment is received for security reasons.Or a trusted member may step in and act as an intermediary.

Excellent work Julie

Regards

REDBACK

10. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

I'll provide a service where the money and product is sent to me for 1% of deal value paid by both parties, when both sides have settled the monies and the good will be disbursed

welcome to HIHOBAY

11. GF

GF Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Buy from dealers if you have a problem with the SS system. I like that there is trust involved and it has to be earned.

12. RichardAL

RichardAL Active Member Silver Stacker

There may be some points for the proposed sticky here:

Decided to buy from someone with a recent track record of multiple trades, all with good and positive feedback.

Established that goods were available and that I could buy them, payment was made and verified and a tracking number provided, shipping details having been agreed on.

After allowing 3 days and nothing from the post, I tracked the item on the AusPost website and got "no events", which was a bit of a surprise.

Contacted the seller by PM to check that the tracking ID was correct, and received a very prompt reply which I am satisfied with.

Also used the AusPost delivery time calculator which indicated the parcel may not be due for another couple of days anyway......but the experience so far has taught me:

- to track the parcel earlier in the process, and ideally ensure that the parcel is lodged over the counter so that AusPost will provide an "item accepted" scan

- not to underestimate how much time AusPost needs to deliver a parcel

- if the parcel has been lost AusPost deal with the sender, ie the seller of the goods

Right now I've got that exposed, swingin' in the breeze feeling!!!

Obviously the buyer is accepting almost all of the risk in the current setup, but in situations like the above the seller could be unjustly accused if both parties are not careful.

To JulieW's excellent list I would add something like " the seller agrees to initiate a search for lost or missing parcels with the shipper "

and " the buyer has declined to go for extra cover "(like they do when you buy a plane ticket these days)

13. sammy

sammy Active Member Silver Stacker

Hi Everyone,

I'm new here and I've come across a problem so I'm hoping that someone can help me out with it.

I buzzed an ounce of gold that was for sale on the forum, and received a reply from the selling member (I don't want to post his name at this stage). I paid for the item 36 hours later but was told that payment had arrived too late and that the member did not need the money anymore, the sale was void. In the 36 hours between our agreement the spot price of gold had jumped above the price of our agreement. We went back and forth on PM with me stating that the deal had been agreed to, and that he had received payment. He stuck to his position that he needed the funds straight away (even though he didn't mention it in the sale post), and that since 'spot had jumped' he doesn't need to send the coin. He offered to send a refund, which I refused and insisted on him sending the coin, and he said ' if you dont want the fiat that's in my account i dont know what to do with it' - which is basically saying 'I've got your money, do you want it back or not?'. Thinking I had no choice in the matter I've asked for my money back, and received it. The member has also posted other items of gold for sale at a similar amount after he cancelled my trade, despite stating that he does not need money.

This interaction has rubbed me the wrong way. Is it normal for this sort of thing to happen and if not, what are my rights in this situation? I don't want to leave negative feedback for him because I don't want him to retaliate and since I'm new here it will affect me worse than him.

Has anyone else had an experience like this? Any help would be appreciated.

14. House

House Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The 1oz horse? Very poor form. Negative feedback is justified and warranted.

15. hiho

Out.him

16. trew

trew Active Member Silver Stacker

If it was me I'd just take my money back, leave neg feedback and move on

if a deal was done at a specific price, it is irrelevant what happens to spot after the fact.
    Very poor form to reneg on a deal because of spot movements after the fact.

17. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

This is why I think one has to inform the seller when the transfer of funds will occur, and attend the matter quickly.

36 hours is, in my view, quite a delay and leaves both the seller and buyer at risk of default, which immediate payment does not.

Note to self - "payment within 24 hours is required".

18. Lunardragon

Lunardragon Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

+1
    just include the seller in your black book...most of us have one too.

19. valuecreator

valuecreator Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Indeed.

Goldenjosh88, who is the member in question, is now my newest addition, congrats! :cool:

20. hiho

Typically GenY manoeuvre