This is how it stands...

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Dusty, Aug 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kawa

Kawa New Member

It is clear that any reasonable person would consider Maggie the RSC "contact".The thread below shows how many buyers got on board.

http://forums.silverstackers.com/to...nito-anaconda-rounds-99999-silver-page-2.html

I guess we all need to be careful who we deal with and what we say in this place especially where commercial gain is involved.

I have purchased all my silver here on SS off Site Sponsors and I believe what they represent to me.

Just saying.

2. Dusty

Dusty Active Member Silver Stacker

Hotel 46 KNOW ONE HAS STARTED ON MAGGIE.
    This is how the thread go's to poison so EVERYONE stay on topic as it's easy to twist things to start arguments and HOTEL46 I can't see how anyone has STARTED.... It's all about people taking sides and protecting who they choose to and coming in with digs to offend ONE SIDE.

IT STOPS NOW AND THIS THREAD IS FOR TRUTHS NOTHING MORE OR IT OPENS IT UP TO THE PARASITES TO COME IN.

3. Kawa

Kawa New Member

Come on..no one is doing that.

Brian is a poor operator ( no dispute).All ( including site sponsors and members) need to be very careful who they deal with.

If crap goes on like this on the forum then members will loose confidence in who they can rely on in this forum.

I know lots of nice people however if you are on here for commercial gain you need to be careful what you say.( simple)

Im sure Maggie is an honourable person and this position has been abused by the RSC unfortunately.

4. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Kawa, if you have had no dealings with RSC I respectfully ask that you quit posting on the topic. You were quite active in the last thread on this subject that was shut down due to arguments between members amongst other things, this thread was doing quite well until the last few posts.

I've spoken to Maggie recently on this issue, and she is being inundated with people asking her for answers about a company on the other side of the planet that she is not an officlal representative of nor an employee. Maggie's Corner is NOT a party to the contracts between RSC and their club members, and is being dragged into this purely because Maggie is the most prominent reseller of these coins on the forum. That does not justify dragging her business into discussions on why a company she buys from is not honouring its contracts. Ever stop to think that maybe Maggie has been fed the same lines as Dusty (who was promised a full refund and coins by 15th August, a date that has come and gone with neither happening?). Maggie has done more behind the scenes to try and help out affected members locally than should have ever been asked of her, but it's not my place to divulge, other than to say she has gone above and beyond and I'm yet to see it acknowledged by people she's helped out.

This thread is to remain on topic - the opportunity for Dusty and other members now coming out of the woodwork that are having difficulty getting RSC to honour their contractual commitments to voice their concerns. Leave the unfortunate local business that also has money on the line out of it.

5. Dusty

Thank you GP.

6. Kawa

Kawa New Member

OK..my interest is genuine in that I have purchased all my silver here over the last 6 months and have relied on what the site sponsors have told me and value the representations that I have relied on.

Many take at face value what the site Sponsors tell them.I have never accused Maggie of any wrong doing.I just make the point that if you are making profit on your forum here then you have an extra obligation to be very careful what you say as opposed to general members.

The first thread clearly has posts made that in hindsight should have been qualified to make sure people were fully informed.

I will respect your request and cease posting in the thread and hope Dusty and the others get some outcome.

7. Dusty

Has any other RSC members or people waiting for coins heard from the mint?
    I've tried everything with no success and I'm hopeing that someone has heard something anything?
    Have they shut down but still taking orders?

Anyone.

8. Wiowi

Wiowi Member Silver Stacker

I've just pm'd you on what I have so far.

9. Dusty

I just read what you have done and I congratulate you :)
    Would you have ever thought you'd have to do what you have, just for wanting to invest in silver ?
    It's a shame that we invested in someone's dream only to be taken for a ride.
    I hear about Nigerian scams and I can only feel the same like as if I've been done in the same way.

10. Wiowi

Let's not give up yet. There will be an outcome, we will keep chipping away at it until we get one.

11. metalzzz

metalzzz Well-Known Member

So someone has made contact personally?

12. Dusty

I've spoken to a friend that knows Bolivia well and he believes that Bolivia being the country it is a legal challenge would still be a easy out.
    The advertising vs dates of purchases and recivials + interest etc it's worth the effort and its very easy to see who's at fault.
    I've contacted Brian to tell him this but quess what,,,? Where is he or anyone else from the mint?
    I will give him no more chances it's going to get very messy.

Thanks the Royal Silver Company and Brian.

13. Dusty

If the RSC have your money right now well than guys move along because you have lost the lot.

14. RhythmDoctor

RhythmDoctor Active Member

That's not what I wanted to see.

Perhaps we could speak to another high profile fella not seen on here in a while. StellaConcepts.

John once lauded the Royal Silver certs - and is known to have advertised them via his youtube blog. I can't find the youtube vid of him promoting them... funny that.

Maybe he either got out or has been burnt too.

I don't know any way of contacting him to find out - but I know plenty of people who do. Think some further investigation is in order.

I probably speak for most people here Dusty when I say we feel for you. Your situation was talked about at the Brisbane stackers meet, as one or two of our local network are also invested in certificates (I am, however - not one of them).

I sincerely hope that you get some form of communication soon - it may be worth lobbying other Royal Silver clients in Australia or via stackers who are in the same situation to find out more.

Feel free to PM me if I can be of any assistance in linking you to others. I'll try and find some way of contacting John Christian too, surely such a powerful public voice in the silver market has some sway with an organisation like that, as he has been invested himself in them.

Yours,

Lee/RD

15. Lunty

Lunty New Member Silver Stacker

I hope not Dusty, I still have hope. I have not cancelled my 2 memberships. I just pray that RSC can turn it around, pay back the money to the people that is owing and fix up the free members coins. Brian emailed me 3 weeks ago saying that there was problems with refining and assured me that everybody will be up date with orders and free coins and refund money owing.
    However over the last few months I have been disappointed in RSC and thats all I want to say :(

Lunty

16. Black_Sun

Black_Sun New Member

Hi guys,

On their website it says, "Your membership is a written contract, enforceable by law, stating that we will buy back your membership with 30-days notice, that we must buy back your membership at the end of two years..."

Was there some other wording somewhere which categorically stated, that they will buy back your membership before the 2 years is up?

The way this reads (to me) is:
    1: 30 days notice is needed
    2: 2 years must have passed since the purchase of the bond

Stellaconcepts only did a video on these bonds in August 2011. That's not 2 years.

Edit: The non/delayed delivery of the rounds could conceivably be covered under "Force Majeure", meaning legally, they haven't broken any rules, nor their contract with you, save poor communication.

17. metalzzz

metalzzz Well-Known Member

the way i see it is, doesn't matter what they say really. They could tell you that they will give you a return of 200% of your bond money. As long as you give them your $ they have succeeded (assuming its a scam) :D

18. Wiowi

The membership certificate, signed by the CEO and the Secretary of RSC, states..."that this membership will be re-purchased by Royal Silver Company (Bolivia) S.A. 24 months from the date below, or sooner upon 30 days' notice, that this Membership constitutes an obligation of senior un-subordinated debt upon Royal Silver Company (Bolivia) S.A. in the amount of US$5,000.00 blah blah...."

19. Black_Sun

Black_Sun New Member

If any member happens to know a lawyer, it might be worthwhile running this wording by them. Legal documents can be slippery things, not easily interpretable by the layman, even though the wording seems straight forward. Another possible interpretation here (but I'm no lawyer) is that it is mandatory upon the company to purchase after the 2 years is up, but re-purchase before the 2 year deadline is optional (for RSC), not mandatory. They may not choose to re-purchase before the 2 years (though you may prefer it), and so can legally choose not to, but after 2 years is up, they have no choice.

20. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It would seem to be a lost cause really. Brian would seem to have lost any credence left here with the leaving of Dusty high and dry with no explanation since the promised refund date and tho I hate to say it any chance of members still owed Silver or refunds would have to rate in the single digits.

I have followed the previous thread since the beginning and from the start the issue to me seemed to be wholly the fault of the service provider, despite long winded occasional responses and pleading for patience they have it seems failed time and again to deliver that which is clearly laid out in print and personal response.

I can't imagine the frustration and sense of betrayal you must feel given the patience you have displayed and continual promises you have been given from the get go on this issue.

The question now is how do you proceed ? Cut your losses and put it all behind you as a learning experience ? Keep butting your head against a wall and continue to try and recover what is owed
    via whatever avenues may still be open to you.

Or give them an ultimatum ? Whack up with what is owed or you mount a campaign that will completely undermine their business and ruin any reputation they might still have in the stacker "world".

I am not proposing that SS be used as a platform for such an exercise but obviously you are not the only member of this lone forum that has been affected and like minds using the six degrees of separation rule can have an awesome influence across many different platforms.

Just my humble view on things. I hope things resolve quickly for you Dusty whichever way they go and the bitter taste is put behind you.

It needs to be said, people need to be careful with their hard earned and where they place their trust, but those who seek to gain from another's misplaced trust should also be prepared for the response.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.