This is how it stands...

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Dusty, Aug 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

With all due respect but I believe you are incorrect. Whilst the "interest" is being paid to members via silver coinage, all you get for the 'membership fee' paid is a 'certificate'.

Until such time as that certificate has been converted into actual coinage you are very much the holder of paper silver.

2. Smoothcriminal

Smoothcriminal New Member Silver Stacker

Don't get me wrong I hope it all works out for everyone including RSC but the communication or lack thereof by this company to it's client base is ridiculous. How hard is it in this day and age to put your affected customers on an e-mail list and keep them updated in a regular manner? That's my main gripe in this situation - shit goes wrong sometimes and I accept that but when shit goes wrong people need to man up admit that and keep people posted on the situation no run off into a bunker and lob occasional she'll be right trust me grenades out.

I suspect they burnt a lot of bridges with this situation.

3. RhythmDoctor

RhythmDoctor Active Member

The funniest nugget within this thread.

+100 for some bloody light hearted relief!

4. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

Thanks yippie for your very unusual (as usual, nothing unusual there) take on what constitutes "paper silver". The $5000US is not for the purchase of silver, it is a "bond" or loan to the RSM so they can develop their business. SAVVY?????? :|

@smoothcriminal, so are you owed money or awaiting delivery?

If you answer "yes" to the above question then you have every right to have a gripe.

If you answered "no" to the above question, it's not your money so why do you have a gripe? :/

5. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Shiney - i think it's a question of semantics. What is done with the money paid is besides the point. Besides - a "bond" or whatever you wish to call it is for sure a paper asset. And since it's very closely associated with silver it's not too much of a stretch to label it as paper silver ...

SAVVIE??? :lol:

I'll let the others be the judge, but i think that my 'take' on what constitutes paper silver is right on the money and your statement that it is not a form of paper silver is indeed incorrect.
    I believe that Captain Cookaburra holds a very similar view to mine on this topic - uttered on this very same thread if i'm not mistaken.

6. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

I agree . Its very simple to communicate these days & the distinct lack of smells to me . Maybe theres many unhappy customers & the truth would hit the internet like a firestorm & destroy the chances of raising any more capital effectively starting a run on refunds for the bonds & sending rsc down the shute into oblivion .
    Just an opinion & no im not waiting for coins or have any $5000 memberships b4 anyone asks :rolleyes:

7. mmm....shiney!

Who gives a turtle what some dumb bird what chases sausages off BBQ's all day thinks.

Paper silver = contracts to purchase silver at a future date.

ON THE OTHER HAND YIPWAD

shiney!'s RSM membership = pay a shedload of money now to help establish a company and in return gets X number of ounces of Ag per year and if the exchange rate goeses to plan, a bit of a bonus in the end when the bond gets cashed back into AUD and if you can spot the deliberate grammatical error within the first 12 min of this post you get a free threepence which happened to lob my way earlier this morning from a very decent and I must say well respected dealer what frequents this forum even though he is a turtle-heading COCKROACH which you used to be YIPpEE if I am not mistaken and even if I am you give me the impression you were.

That is all.

:|

BTW, no offence to the aforementioned bird intended

8. mmm....shiney!

12 min is up, thankyou AEL.

Bad luck YIPWAD. ;)

9. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

WTF??!!???

The above post doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but here is a summary of what i understand you to have said:
    1. you received three coins this morning from a very decent and well respected dealer on this forum.
    2. this same dealer (who is very decent and well respected) is also a piece of cr@p
    3. i also used to be/am a piece of cr@p - much like this dealer.
    4. even if point (3) is inaccurate then i still give the impression that i am a piece of cr@p.

From your prior recent posts on this topic it would seem that the dealer you speak so highly of in point (1) and then so lowly of in point (2) is Brian from RSC...

Call me "slow" but i really dont get this post!?! Points 1 and 2 seem to completely contradict each other.
    Points (3) and (4) seem nothing short of outrageous badmouthing if not libel.
    I don't think i've ever been subjected to such abuse - much less for something as menial as having a differing point of view to you about whether an investment in RSC could be classified as 'paper silver' or not.

10. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

mate - i reckon you should man-up and come on out here and explain exactly what you meant by these comments.
    I take offence to them and believe that you owe an explanation to not just myself, but the entire SS community on here - many of whom i have had dealings with and others who have met me in person.

11. Smoothcriminal

Nope not owed money or awaiting delivery - a friend of mine is though if that makes any difference.

+ I gripe easily.

12. mmm....shiney!

I'm busy dealing with Yippee's crisis, will get back to you soon.

13. Longtermstacker

Longtermstacker Member

This thread now invokes memories of the schoolyard......so many years ago. :)

14. mmm....shiney!

@YIppWad

I can't remember what I said.

Cockroach = someone from NSW, I thought you were originally from NSW therefore Cockroach.

Sorry if I was mistaken. Kiss kiss.

Other dealer is also from NSW ergo Cockroach. Sorry if I badmouthed you.

I don't understand what you mean by point 4 and 3 so I hope you accept my apology in light of the above points.

15. mmm....shiney!

@smoothcriminal, no it makes no difference whether its your friend or mother. I have money invested in this company and the likes of your posts put that investment at risk. That's why asked whether you have an actual stake in it. You have not personally invested anything, yet you personally have something to post.

16. Smoothcriminal

Yes I posted my opinion which is what I thought forums like this were intended for - I'm sorry to hear that you have an investment with them and hope it goes well for you.

Are you currently up to date in terms of coins owed? A few more 1st hand accounts of people receiving their entitlements would probably go a long way to soothing the worries of people reading.

17. mmm....shiney!

If you read back through the posts you would know the answer to that question. :|

18. Smoothcriminal

Found it you received your order which is good to hear. Did it go smoothly or did you experience issues getting here? I actually hope to hear that you had issues as that means maybe they have started to resolve them.

19. mmm....shiney!

All good smoothie ;) It did take ages, and yes, like others have posted (as I have) communication is an issue, but I have my coins.

On a side issue, I'm happy to be supporting an emerging company with my hard earned than stuffing it into an established company. RSM has my support.

@Yipp - I still luv you - *conditions attached.

20. Jackee_Silver

Jackee_Silver New Member

[​IMG]

Just saying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.