This is how it stands...

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Dusty, Aug 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

you calling Stralia third world mate? :lol:

2. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

"Normal result is any additional funds go to fund customers who publicize their problems or are such a pain in the ass that the company has them at the top of the to-be-paid list"

So Dusty gets his,but because he has destroyed the company,most others don't.

3. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

That is just ridiculous Peter, the only person responsible for the fate of RSC is Brian . He has had numerous chances to rectify the issue over many months and has failed to do so.

Since when has wanting merely what is stated as the terms of the agreement an act of destroying a company ?

4. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

I dont think that would be a good idea.

Best to keep them in the search engine - that way potential new clients can get both sides of the story and at least be forwarned.

A google search will pick up on this thread - and others - so good to have it there.

5. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

His continuous negative campaign will do damage to the company.Anyone Googling will avoid it when they see the results.
    I understand his anger and frustration,but continuously venting it ,after a period of time,will not help his cause.It will make it less likely that the situation is improved for all of us.

Certainly Brian is responsible for the present bad outcome,but we must avoid making it worse ,orunsalvageable.
    People have already been warned thru Google
    Should I thank Dusty if I lose money because of his campaign.
    It's not helping,it's hindering.

It's a great feeling expressing justified anger and frustration,but it can be counterproductive,

6. Dusty

Dusty Active Member Silver Stacker

Peter one man cannot destroy a company.
    A company that can't pay it's debts destroys a company.

7. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

i typed "royal silver company complaints" and this thread features right up there on the first page.

8. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

perhaps, but at least it will prevent others (who do some due diligence) from going through the same heartache

9. Big A.D.

Big A.D. Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

For what its worth I once had the job of calling up all my employer's creditors and telling them the company couldn't pay them. Nobody else wanted to do it and I could probably have wriggled out of it myself, but I decided that not making those calls would be a worse thing to do than making them and so I did.

And it was probably one of the worst experiences I've ever had in business. Telling people you don't have the money you owe them is soul destroying. You're admitting to people that you've failed and your failure has caused them to lose out. The only thing that made me feel less crap about it was that I hadn't caused the failure myself (I'd actually argued against the things that caused it), but that still meant I was apologising on behalf of other people who'd ignored my advice. Some people got very angry and made threats (which was horrible) but most people were okay and just disappointed (which actually wasn't much better because then you owe them the money and your gratitude for not being nasty about the original debt).

I'm still glad I did the right thing and let people know what was happening rather than hiding from it, but it was an experience I hope I'll never have to go through again.

If a company is having financial problems I can completely understand their reluctance to admit it. Telling the truth is hard but it is still something you have to do if you're in that position.

10. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Kudos to you Big A.D. I have heard similar stories from two of my old bosses (in separate incidents) who have been forced to go into voluntary administration because of cashflow issues. It was one of the hardest things they had to do but absolutely the best thing compared to many alternatives (I know others who faked their deaths, ran away or committed insurance fraud rather than man up to a failure - even if it wasn't of their doing). Hopefully I'll have the balls to do it if I'm ever in the same position. Hearing stories like this helps give you the balls I think.

11. RhythmDoctor

RhythmDoctor Active Member

I agree with Peter on this one, aggressively targeting and damaging a companies' reputation when they may or may not have cash flow issues doesn't seem like the best way to get a positive resolution here, not to mention damaging your own self-image.

Much as people can see/feel Dusty's frustration - there is actually much more to this whole situation than meets the eye.

I have someone looking at the legality of non-buyback of deposits as we speak. That is the issue I volunteered to support local concerned parties with. Might I also add that, through the communications I have received from concerned parties - I have found a noticable and almost flagrant disregard for client and creditor confidentiality from RSC. Thats all I'm willing to say right now, but from what I've seen - the evidence speaks for itself. I will not publish the content of said communications - but I now have serious reservations about RSC's professional integrity.

I can only hope that the stackers I am helping have a resolution as soon as possible, if not, this will get messier, and more people will come off hurt than they are currently.

I would ask that people remain calm. It's fine to raise a concern, but focus on documenting all communications properly and succinctly, rather than raging on an internet forum about it. I truly appreciate what people have done by raising this as an issue, but though individuals' capital is raising emotions, we need to remain objective - which is for those requesting the buyback/refund of a certificate to receive it, along with others' more individual objectives.

Cheers,

RD

12. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

It is a strange world when stating the truth is considered damaging a company's reputation. My personal experience, and the experiences of friends and business associates tells me that Dusty is taking the best action to get his money. For those who disagree, how many coins did Dusty receive on his order in all those months before he began publicising this problem? The answer is -0-. Dusty is already in far better shape than he was before he started the original thread.

Kudos to you Big AD for what you did. If people cannot be paid, don't string them along with false promises.

13. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

Honesty is the best - and the only policy!!

14. Maggie

Maggie New Member Silver Stacker

Please when making statements on behalf of Dusty such as the one below, be sure the information is correct. I am sure Dusty will correct this.
    Regards Maggie

For those who disagree, how many coins did Dusty receive on his order in all those months before he began publicising this problem? The answer is -0-.

15. DSK

DSK Active Member Silver Stacker

that made me laugh...ha/...also did you notice that his giving the bolivian embassy with a venezuelian email...

but really..would any countries embassy help,. or would be able to help if you wrote a nice email saying....i paid company Y, X amount and got O...

16. Dusty

I have received my coins from Maggie about 200oz as soon as she got them.
    When I first complained about not recieveing any coins I had ordered and payed as a member.
    (remember as a member you have the oppertunity to recieve coins before others).
    I paid waited for months (no complained) received a email, your coins will be sent out within two weeks.
    No coins no correspondence. I than came on here and told everyone about there service ( not the refund ).
    Brian got on here and said that we are a small mint etc and the coins will be sent out.
    Brian emailed me and said your coins will be one of the first orders sent out.
    Waited, waited, waited, Sound fulmiliar.
    When Maggie got them she sent them straight to me.
    I can tell you now if it wasn't for the RSC haveing Maggie than they wouldn't have anything.
    I'm upto date on what I've paid for but straight after that I canceled my memberships than bingo it all started again.

17. Dusty

The way that I look at it is if I sat on my hands and tip toed around asking Brian in the quiet of night to please refund my money whilst making sure that know others knew of there actions so they could inject the cash to refund my money just screams Ponzi.
    I spoke up to stop others from loosing there money and if I loose 15k and a few coins so be it but I don't want to see others loose there money just so I can get mine back.
    I will have a look on Kitco, that's interesting.

18. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Even if it was the case that they were having hiccups 46 then I'm guessing that all was needed was an explanation from Brian to Dusty outlining the difficulty's being faced and all would have been good, lets not forget that this has been an ongoing problem for literally months now and Dusty is not the only one having problems not just with a refund but just plain old delivery of paid for orders.

Lack of communication and failure to provide not only services promised but product paid for in advance speak volumes here. I for one do not see why they deserved any special consideration in the first place let alone calls for giving them yet more time to make good on already long passed deadlines of their own making.

Go back and have a read of the precursor to this thread 2012-6-13

(from page one) http://forums.silverstackers.com/to...-being-a-royal-silver-mint-member-page-1.html

Dusty
    Seriously what does it take ? If it was a dealer on this forum they would of been tarred and feathered and run out of business long ago no matter what sort of problems they had , but there seems to be a mentality here of "SHHH " don't shake the bushes cause they might not give us our money or coins as if things might be different for you.

It's sort of like a rape victim being told to shut up (tho nowhere near as serious) in case the rest of the crowd get's raped as well.

15K people and many months of civil patience and deadlines promised by the other party, not laid out strictly by the aggrieved customer but promised by the CEO of the company in person. 500 odd ounces of silver that it would seem they are either unable or unwilling to convert to a refund as promised in person and on paper.

That's the facts people, not some poor excuse to shoosh up and give them another break they obviously dont deserve.

19. kevalie

kevalie Member

+1

20. Dusty

Than I'd expect Brian to contact me and say hey we could really use your cash for another few months.
    How about we pay you back at parity and send out all your dividend coins all at the same time.
    I'd say no problems Brian, let's say three months and if it's going to be longer let me know.

Now wasn't that easy.

Real scenario: Brian were is my money it's overdue?
    Well were having some trouble etc but I'll have it to you on the 15th.
    No Problems I'll wait.
    (15th) Hey Brian weres that cash Mate?? Hello Brian?? "email" "ring" "txt" Hello Brian can you contact me please??? (crickets)
    Ok weres the money Brian???
    Hello Brian am I going to get my money back?? Are any of us??

You've got the picture.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.