The truth behind being a Royal Silver Mint member.

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Dusty, Jun 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pendragon

Pendragon Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

dccpa,

We do not know the whole story about the nationalized of this mining company. The reference you make is the perspective sold by that company. What they say about their relationship with the indigenous population is not consistent with this news item: http://business.iafrica.com/worldnews/809316.html:

"The decision to expropriate the Malku Khota mine follows weeks of recent protests at the site by indigenous leaders calling on La Paz to take over the facility.

In June, farmers and mine workers, some armed with explosives, forcibly occupied the site.

One person died and several were injured during a prolonged standoff last month that also saw protesters take a total of seven hostages, including five Bolivians employed by South American Silver. Four of the captives escaped and the three others were later released."

There is obviously something else involved in this companies nationalization that we do not know.

2. Black_Sun

Black_Sun New Member

What is the way that every human learns? On analysis, really, we learn *what not to do*... And when we do err, we are "refined" as it were by the error. Those who make few mistakes, learn little.

3. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

The statement by the Bolivian official was a clear Clintonian lie. A company does not spend money drilling in an area unless they have some kind of ownership rights or options. . There were similar actions in Peru earlier this summer and the leaders of that activity were called out by their leftist President as people essentially wanting bribery. This action has a similar smell. Without being there, we cannot absolutely know the truth But given that Morales is a close friend of Chavez and that Chavez has appropriated without cause, the assets of company after company, I am guessing that South American Silver Corp's version of the events are closest to the truth.

4. mickjohn

mickjohn New Member

I don't think anyone here discounts the risks associated with investing in third world countries.

The people that have taken the risk in this particular case have presented the realities of membership and have done so to prevent others from falling victim. I do not think that they need to be judged on their investment decisions.

5. Dusty

Dusty Active Member Silver Stacker

Brian has returned my email and without going into great depth about our conversation a date for payment has been made.
    I'll now wait and see.

6. unfunkable

unfunkable Active Member

1 oz I bet to this forum you wont be paid on time as he stated. Keep us updated. Ppl bagging dusty put your silver where your mouth is... Lol karma boat

7. Pendragon

Pendragon Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The fact that he is engaging with you is positive. It is probably difficult to be optimistic but it would not surprise me if RSC delivers on its word. Let us know when you get your money back.

8. Dusty

The Date for payment and all outstanding coins is the 15th of August.

9. Dusty

Pendragon I'm sure they will as well but it's ALL of everything that has come to this as well.
    I've now spoken to other people that have memberships and as they expressed the same problems and concerns there concerned as well.
    They know that the membership only gives you the opportunity to purchase coins for $3 over spot and that's about it.
    Your not told of new releases as promised or able to purchase and recieve coins first as promised actually read the website and it will tell you the opposite to what actually happens, no imagination needed there it's fact.

Good luck.

10. dragafem

dragafem Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

no offense guys,i have read about their membership and it is just way too much $$ and i was not sure if it is worth it to buy from a really "new" mint.again,no offense to anyone

11. Ilovesilver

Ilovesilver Member

i was going to do it especially when stella concepts endorssed it. lucky i didnt.

12. kevalie

kevalie Member

Looks like the cash flow is tight and they are trying to raise $2M from this 'win-win investment opportunity'.

13. Water&Food

Water&Food New Member

You should be use to rejections by now love. Wassup? :p

14. RhythmDoctor

RhythmDoctor Active Member

I'm VERY surprised nobobdy raised this already, cheers for doing so.

I know everyone has opinions on bloggers, I for one love watching Silverfuturist for a good laugh, ever since the $40 silver rant with his chickens he's just been a source of entertainment in my eyes, not really investment advice.

That said, some bloggers do have great opinions and analytical minds which are a thousand times more sharper than mine. I know John/Stella endorsed Royal Silver's cert scheme months ago, now the situation there seems to be deepening. I have a great deal of respect and admiration for him and have followed his blogs for a while.

Everyone is capable of making a bad call on an investment, but I guess I'm just really surprised that Stella lauded them.

Now they've began to cause what in my opinion is global concern. I use the term global based on the law of averages - I now know of 3 people on SilverStackers who are unhappy and may have lost significant amounts of cash via the 'silver certificate' purchasing scheme, which when added to the number of Brisbane local investors I know of who have grave concerns, makes me think there's much more to this than meets the eye.

For me personally, I've owned 3 oz's of royal silver coins in the past, have flipped them out of my stack and I won't be purchasing any in future. The alarm bells are ringing on the silver cert scheme, and perhaps the mint's future is in the balance...

Who knows? Only time will tell...

15. Dusty

This is my view and believe it or not Im not anti RSC.
    I Bought into the company not only for the dividend coins but for the oppertunity to purchase coins BEFORE THE GENERAL POPULATION , to be notified of new releases, and recieve a special membership coin. I've received none of the above.
    I've never received communication or notification of coins, absolutely terrible service.
    I believe in there environmental morals and what there trying to do so please buy there products but I'm letting people know that as a member you are at risk of exposure and other members have now contacted myself with the same concerns and believe it or not there my favorite mint.
    Brian promises me my 15k and coins by the 15th of August so let's go with that and believe me I'll let you know if it's a no go again.
    I don't mind delays or problems when there communicated but wow these guys have been the worse of any bussiness I've ever dealt with, it's such a love hate relationship it's not funny.

16. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

You must feel like NASA was waiting for their dune buggy to land on Mars. :)

Seriously though, I hope all ends well for you Dusty.

17. Kawa

Kawa New Member

I feel sorry for you mate.But the video I saw has this Brian bloke saying the mint is working away just behind the blind in his office LOL

I would have thought that a good salesman would draw the blinds and show the busy mint.

I think this Brian guy is really Dodgy.

18. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

The RSC endorsement came after Stella began offering services for sale. Nothing wrong with that, but I believe he was being compensated by RSC for each membership sold because of his recommendation.

19. nonrecourse

nonrecourse Well-Known Member

Now there is a great opportunity anyone.?Just send me your fiat and I will put you in the queue for a silver Mars bar:p

Kind Regards
    non recourse

20. Black_Sun

Black_Sun New Member

+1

In the years to come, SS will refer to 2012 as "the magical days of Dusty", for they were the days that SS were able to pick up Royal Silver Mint coins at bargain basement prices. We'll probably never see prices this low again. These are historic days, "the magical days of Dusty"...

I remember the last time Dusty was offloading coins (approx 2 weeks ago), it reminded me of the movie Poltergeist, in the sense that whenever SS looked inside the For Sale forum, it was like Dusty was usually there projectile vomiting RSM coins.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.