The truth behind being a Royal Silver Mint member.

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Dusty, Jun 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. unfunkable

unfunkable Active Member

yep you got your coins so its all good!
    this other guy didn't ....
    he must of been a baaaaad boy....blame it on the karma train

2. G-Log

G-Log Member

Why does everyone call it the "Royal Silver Mint" when it is actually called the "Royal Silver Company"? :(

3. Dusty

Dusty Active Member Silver Stacker

To answer some questions,
    No I'm waiting on my money and remaining coins but it is only the 14th in Bolivia.
    I call it the Royal Silver Mint out of habit.

4. Kawa

Kawa New Member

What perverted logic you have .So do I have to have be hungry to have an interest in donating money to World Vision or have Cancer in order to have an opinion on Cancer Reasearch?

Seriously Dude get off your soap box .SS members can post here even if they have not been bent over by Captain Brian.

You seem to be implying that the thread should not be " warning" others and only those that have suffered should be allowed to have an opinion?

I feel genuinely sorry for Dusty for getting dusted by Captain Brian as opposed to some of the post content above that seems to say cut him loose andlet him fend for himself "Im all good"

I think this forum is great to learn from and I value it highly for information.

I said I wouldn't comment any further yesterday however the more I have read here and the later responses clearly indicates that it is a worthy thread and has information that can protect more people from loosing their money if in fact that is the way it turns out as appears the case.

5. Kawa

Kawa New Member

Oh well at least your consistant .

6. goldpelican

goldpelican Administrator Staff Member

Keep on topic and keep the personal insults out of it, all around.

7. Black_Sun

Black_Sun New Member

Everyone realizes this. As with many things that drag on & on, they start to fester and its unpleasant. Hopefully for RSC, Dusty, goldpelican, and all SS, this issue will be resolved very soon.

8. Maggie

Maggie New Member Silver Stacker

This forum was well known for the respect it showed its members and the way in which it conducted itself in all aspects. It is sadly lacking lately.
    Wisdom shouldn't fuel fear and people should be able to choose what they take from the experience shared with them. There seems to be some malicious incorrect assumptions in some of the posts here. The mob mentality to get a point across seems to have some members turning on each other. This is very undignified and hardly respectful of each other.
    Some may be enjoying the show but many find it distasteful. Personally I think it's sad the way it has been conducted as it could have been constructive.
    Maggie

9. Argentlust

Argentlust Active Member Silver Stacker

Yes mate you are fully entitled to have an opinion and so am I. I have dealt with RSC for some time and happily I have not had a bad experience. You have not dealt with RSC and my opinion remains

that you are a muckraker.

10. Kawa

Kawa New Member

Maggie...they are all nice words but how could it be more constructive for a SS member like Dusty in terms of getting his money back?

How would you suggest that this thread should have gone?

The guy is looking for his money as a result of this company breaching it's agreement with him .( SIMPLE)

I would have thought that any person who buys silver would be interested to know this so they too don't fall victim.

There is nothing more undignified then dealing with people who can't follow through on what they promise and those that continue to support such practices are the ones that need to review their real intentions not the interested SS members that have posted here.

11. Kawa

Kawa New Member

If I'm a muckraker then I'm the JNR member of the team here.

12. Maggie

More to the point Kawa, I was referring to the way some of the posts were creating anomosity between members.

If my nice words offend anyone, I apologise for that, but I refuse to lower myself by responding in an undignified manner.

I prefer to use my energy in a more positive way in helping members.

Maggie

13. Kawa

Kawa New Member

Im sorry Maggie..you seem like a nice person however I posted you some clear questions in direct response to the items you raised in your post in the hope you could detail how this thread could have gone better for all.

Any response would not need to be undignified at all just deal with the query?

On a positive note in terms of helping SS members as you suggest.

How would you assist Dusty as he does seem to be getting no attention?

14. Maggie

I have been constructive.

I have assisted Dusty.

But of course your lack of knowledge in how I conduct business is forgivable and I feel I do not need to explain

myself any further.

Maggie

15. goldpelican

Thread closed until such time I hear from the original poster that there has been progress.

16. goldpelican

I've been informed by Dusty that there has been no further correspondence, no refund and no coins provided by the committed date from Royal Silver Company.

Due to the derailment of what should have been a factual thread detailing one member's experiences with this company, the thread will remain on a "closed with updates" basis for now.

Royal Silver Company have in the past extensively marketed themselves via this forum through their interactions in threads. Comments from threads on here even found their way into marketing materials for the membership program (these were later withdrawn when it was pointed out that they had been republished without attrition or permission of the members making them). The memberships were also heavily promoted by other parties on websites such as YouTube. As full disclosure, there has never been an advertising or sponsorship relationship between Silver Stackers and Royal Silver Company.

There is an adage in marketing - a complaint is a gift, because it creates an opportunity. The opportunity seems to have been squandered here. Significant business has been transacted between RSC and the members and sponsors of this website. Now we have a member reporting a bad experience with significant sums involved, and no resolution arrived at within an agreed timeframe.

Unlike member trading in the Buy, Swap and Sell forums, there is no formal feedback mechanism for members to report on their experiences with companies (sponsor or not) other than to create threads like this one. There have been unfortunate instances in the past where threads critical of a company have resulted in threats of legal action against the member and myself as the administrator on the (usually baseless) grounds of "defamation". To Royal Silver Company's credit, they have not taken this low road - I remain hopeful that there is a positive outcome to this saga for Dusty, and RSC can continue offering their unique silver rounds for years to come.

But RSC - I know you are reading this thread - resolve this situation and put it behind us so we can all move forward.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.