SUPERMAN COINS!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by cman, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Jcoin

Jcoin New Member

2. Northerncoins

Northerncoins New Member Silver Stacker

They will sell for that price and more...we are talking about superman collectors who pay thousands for a comic book...anyone with one of these coins wants to hang on to it long term. I would not be surprised at $5000 plus before the year is out. :D

3. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

Aftere talking with some of the dealers, I agree with you. This is definitely one you want to hold long term. Both the silver and gold. I've been told, okay, I know, what else would they say, but seriously, I've been told that these coins are selling like hotcakes...all of them! Take it for whatever it's worth...but I'm buying. :)

4. barsenault

Thinking about buying the hologram superman. Anyone buy it yet? Like it?

5. Altima

Altima Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I posted a video of it before on this thread.

I have 2 of those, and have sold a lot more. They're definitely more collectable than the other silver coins, as it's the first time a 3D hologram was printed on a coin.

6. Northerncoins

Ya I bought 2 of each silver and 5 of the 25 cent then and now coins , wasnt going to get the gold coin but I did finally order one before the prices went sky high lol , but still waiting on the gold and the shield coins, oh and the breaking chains coin, ya the hologram is nice , some don't like it but I do.Just need to view it in he right light and move it slowly not quickly.

7. barsenault

Thanks for all the info from so many. You helped put my mind at peace. I bought 5 of the S shield and 5 of the hologram...can't wait to see them.

8. xrayspecs

xrayspecs New Member

Try millions of dollars...Action Comics #1 sold for over 2 Million a couple of years ago.

That being said though, a new coin with a picture of Superman on it is NOT an original Superman comic. You'll find that most comic book collectors don't HAVE TO HAVE every little piece of memorabillia that is produced with their hero of choice on it, they will mostly just collect the comics, perhaps a figurine or two. It's only the fanatical collector that will need to own everything and I don't think there are enough of them to push this price up to 5K

But hell, you gotta admire the guy trying to sell it for his ambition haha

9. Altima

It's been less than a month or two, and prices have already shot by a lot. Give it a few more years and 5000 may not be a long shot. :)

10. barsenault

This is a speculative game for sure. As long as they don't over saturate the market with coins like these, then I think they'll go up nicely in time...but who knows...folks thought all the DD PM coins would be like the Red Spider, and for the most part most of them flopped. I actually like the superman coin themes.

11. barsenault

Thoughts?

Out of the 2 coins: Man of Steel vs. Hologram, which is more popular? As an adult, I'm leaning toward the Hologram, but when I ask my 10 and 14 year old, they go, 'hands down, the man of steel.' I ask why, and they go, it looks like a comic book. Isn't that the purpose of the coin, is to mimic the comic book? I'm awfully tempted to skip on the hologram and go with the man of steel.

12. Jcoin

Jcoin New Member

Valid question. I'm on the fence, too. Very tempted to get the hologram release, but the price deters me and I'm worried it might not be as popular, or look as good irl.

13. Altima

When in doubt, go for both. Lol.

I love the hologram for its cool factor. My wife picked the man of steel cos it looked more like a superman coin. :)

14. Jcoin

Jcoin New Member

$$$$$$$

15. Northerncoins

Ya really , if your collecting the superman coins you need one hologram for sure, but the gold, well only 2000 people can have a gold so that will be out of reach for most people. If you just buying to flip then I cant say which is going to be the next gold but I don't think you can go wrong with the hologram long term. as with the rest of the 1 oz silver coins.

16. barsenault

Hey northern, I take a different approach to my collecting. If at all possible, I try to buy as much as I can of the one thing I really like 1st. Because I figure if I have 5 of something, and the price goes up (over the long term), then it's not so hard for me to let go of 3 of something and still have 2 to pass on to posterity. But if I have one or two of something, and even though the price skyrockets, it will be harder for me to take advantage of the price increase...a) because I 'love' my coins - I know I shouldn't and b) I'll always wonder if the price will go higher. So with that being said, I'm looking to buy 5 of either the hologram or the man of steel. I almost pulled the trigger for the hologram, but then thought, let me ask my kids, and sure enough they say dad, 'you're crazy, that man of steel is the way to go.' I'm pulling the trigger on the man of steel. Next month, if the holograms are still around, I'll buy 5 of those...but if I buy more than 5 of any kind, I'm leaning toward the man of steel...at this point, unless of course I get overridden by my sons...my adopted daughter from China, whom we've had for 3 months can't speak just yet, she may have a different opinion. :) have a great day.

17. lostwords

lostwords New Member

did you buy from the mint or secondary source?

18. barsenault

Secondary source here in the U.S...Talisman Coins.

19. barsenault

I think I have to go to SA. What is SA you may ask? Silver Anonymous. Hi my name is Bob. Seriously, I think I like silver coins too much. I keep telling myself, shut it down, and go back in a month or two, and I'm sure they'll be great deals...and sure enough, I go, well, let me take a little peek. And then I see these beautiful superman coins, and go, 'I must have.' I seriously have a problem with my love and affection for silver coins. The problem? Money doesn't grow on trees...wish it did. Stark, you can relate, right? :)

20. lostwords

lostwords New Member

um... I hope you do your research... Talisman coin have a tendency to have very high "retail" price and then pull a "discount" to the Real retail price to make it looks like there's a sale.

For example: http://www.talismancoins.com/servlet/Detail?no=2292

Price: $149.95 $99.95
    List Price: $199.95 - Savings: $100.00

No one in the right mind to list this coins for $199 except for Talisman and in fact, you can get this coin at 99.95 in any web sites.

Here's another example:
    http://www.talismancoins.com/servlet/Detail?no=2299

The most expensive I've seen this one listed is $125. Yet Talisman make it look like a great deal at 129.95.

I do like to use their web site when I try to sell my stuffs though. :)