Self defence in Australia (LDP)

Discussion in 'YouTube Digest' started by yennus, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Newtosilver

Newtosilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Should you be able to shoot someone for stealing a pot plant? You can in Texas......

The homeowner, in his 60s, grabbed his handgun around 8 a.m. and took several shots a man he claims was stealing a potted plant and other items from his yard at 708 Shadwell, said Sgt. Chris Benavides, a spokesman for the San Antonio Police Department.
    The suspect, in his 40s, was taken to an area hospital. Police said he will be charged with theft and possibly burglary.

Benavides said the homeowner is being questioned but will not likely be charged.

"At this point he is protected because he was trying to prevent theft on his property," Benavides said.

2. radiobirdman

radiobirdman Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yes if you have a gun handy if not a cricket bat or a lump of 4x2 usually does the trick

3. Newtosilver

What about if they were not stealing anything say they were just peeing on your front lawn at 3 am? You would have to be able to shoot them hey? After all they are trespassing and it is your lawn? You need to protect your family and your property.

Happened to a fella in the US and another fella in India but I can not copy and paste the link. That has to be acceptable.

What about if someone is on your front footpqth yelling obsenities and they threaten to kick your letterbox, can you shoot them? I am trying to understand what is acceptable to the experts at silverstackers.

If you find someone asleep in your back yard can we shoot them? They are trespassing....... do you needvto wakevthem up or is it acceptable to shoot them while they are asleep?

4. Newtosilver

5. Sa_bogan

Sa_bogan Active Member Silver Stacker

dude i think you need to take a step back and chill - i'm sure most people would have common sense , i don't think they would walk around the property with full autos shooting everyone walking passed

6. Newtosilver

Lol

Wandering man with Alzhiemers mistaken for burgler shot and killed by homeowner, he was 72 google it I can't copy and paste the link. He would not leave the homeowners yard and would not repond ro commands from the homeowner. 2013 Chatanooga, can't post the link. He was 72 in freezing weather who rang the door bell before going in the back yard, police belived he was cold and disorientated and was most likely trying to find shelter.

Common snse says you do not just shoot old men in there 70s who have done nothing, common snense says you do not shoot people for urinating on your lawn, common sense says you do not leave a gun where a 2 year old can get it, common sense says a toddler should not be allowed to play with a loaded gun. Common sense says you do not shoot people for stealing fruit off a tree in your yard, common sense says to always keep firearms unloaded and locked away for children, common sense says you do not shoot people for peeing on your car ( I have not posted that link yet) common sense says........ you want me to keep going?

Common sense is not that common which is the problem, common sense does not come into it. There are millions of retards who would shoot people because their dog shat on their lawn and then they would say they were protecting their property and they would 100 % believe they were doing the right thing.

I have personally seen a case where a bloke shot his cousin twice with an AK47, once in the upper chest and once in the abdomen because his cousin had been having sex with his monkey.

Edit. Personally I have no issue with the bloke who shot his cousin for shagging his monkey just on principle, but that is just a personal belief. Others find it acceptable to shoot people for stealing a microve for example. It does not mean that either of us is right though.

7. Newtosilver

8. radiobirdman

You have to use a bit of common sense, some times they might deserve shooting other times a good flogging with a lump of wood will suffice or a foot up the arse, maybe the bb/slug gun for miner shit.

A bucket of water should stop the monkey fcking and people pissing on your lawn,

kids and anyone else welcome to all the fruit they want from the footpath

9. Newtosilver

10. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

@NTS: Funny enough, with personal responsibility comes personal responsibility.

11. Newtosilver

But if the fruit is on a tree in the yard you find it perfectly acceptable to shoo them then?

12. Newtosilver

13. radiobirdman

Most house holds had at least one gun when I grew up, apart from the mad duck shooting wogs, trespassers and a few suicides nobody got shot

14. Newtosilver

15. radiobirdman

Yes I would shoo them away after a foot up the arse for not asking permission

16. bordsilver

17. Newtosilver

When i was growing up in Mackay QLD and in about year 12 I remember one of the seniors shot one of his mates in the head in a case of mistaken identity slash trying to protect himself slash general stuff up. I did not know them and it was a different school but I remember the funeral being a big thing and the two kids were the sons of cane farmers so a few of my mates knew them. It was HUGE at the time. I have no idea what happened to the fella that did the shooting, I think it was treated as a terrible accident. I remember my best mate telling me apparently it took most of the top part of the kids head off and was a real mess.it really shook up the whole community.

18. radiobirdman

Should ban dickheads that don't care enough to have a look before reversing

There would be nothing more tragic than running your own offspring over and killing them, I never reversed anywhere anytime with out knowing where my young bloke was

19. Newtosilver

You are a true idiot comparing a gun to a car or a pool but I would expect nothing less from you.

20. bordsilver

Thanks for the ad hominem, but you are the one posting about preventable accidental shooting deaths.