Self defence in Australia (LDP)

Discussion in 'YouTube Digest' started by yennus, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Newtosilver

Newtosilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

This one would be funny if someone was not killed. Firefighter/paramedic was responding to a call from the wife of a man having a siezure. The paramedic arrived andwas about to enter through the door. The homeowner is coming out of a siezure and sees a figure standing in the doorway and thins "homeinvader" boom shoots the paramedic dead.

Another homeowner protecting there property and another innocent person dead. The person responding, the paramedic was a volunteer, not being paid and was there trying to help the person who shot him.

http://katv.com/news/local/volunteer-firefighter-killed-in-morning-shooting

2. Newtosilver

No offence but I am not talking about a slug gun, I am talking about actually doing some real damage with a handgun or high powered rifle where they drop like someone flicked a switch and they are not getting back up.

3. dollars

dollars Active Member Silver Stacker

"I have personally seen a case where a bloke shot his cousin twice with an AK47, once in the upper chest and once in the abdomen because his cousin had been having sex with his monkey."

any further details so that I may confirm and verify the incident?

cheer$

4. Sa_bogan

Sa_bogan Active Member Silver Stacker

he was playing COD

5. Newtosilver

14 year old jumps out of closet and yells BOO, father shoots him in the neck and kills him, thought he was an intruder.

Remember in an earlier post I mentioned 95% of people are crapping their pants hiding in a room and they shoot their relatives? This is a perfect example, kid yells boo father does not think, act rationally, take the time to identify the threat he just shoots..... result his 14 year old son who was playing a joke on his Dad thinking I'll scare the crap out of my Dad ends up shot in the throat and dead.

http://katv.com/news/local/volunteer-firefighter-killed-in-morning-shooting

Obviously this type of thing would never happen to anyone her or in the LDP because lets face it they are all special and they would not react like normal people...... they are different. They would kill the bad guy and have a Scotch while they wait for the police to arrive.

All these links with kids killing themselves or their parents or siblings would never happen here because tehy are different.

6. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

7. radiobirdman

radiobirdman Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

No offence taken , by the time I was in my early twenties most of my mates were bikies or warfies , never seen a gun on a public forum but over a quite beer I might have seen one or two
    have seen people die but no one that didn't deserve it

Mate knives are a lot worse than guns, more % of knife wounds die compared to gun wounds
    Have been stabbed/slashed twice once by a bikie in a pub once by a fckwit who thought I was trying to rob a old fallen over drunk when me and mate where trying to find out were he lived to take him home (fcking stupid wogs)
    never been shot wont say I've never been shot at

8. SteveS

SteveS Member

Guy goes out in his car. Accidentally kills a pedestrian.

Ban cars.

Obviously an oversimplification and atypical of most people's experience, but then pulling out accidental shootings and using them to justify a ban on guns is more or less the same.

9. bordsilver

The great thing about facts is that you can't make them up. Mass shootings since Port Arthur include the 2002 Monash University shooting spree, the 2011 Hectorville siege, 2014 Hunt Family murders and the 2014 Lindt Cafe murders.

More importantly, look at the massacres using any method and it's clear that Port Arthur was a fairly unique event in our lifetimes with the rates declining pre and post (BTW the 1984 event was the Milperra shootout between the Comancheros and Bandidos bikie gangs)

[​IMG]

10. bordsilver

11. Newtosilver

Lol so where do you draw the line, should belt fed machine guns be legal? IIf not why? Why can't I have a belt fed machine gun? Who are you or anyone else to tell me I can"t have a machinegun? Are you trying to push your personel beliefs on me?

Where do you draw the line?

Society in Australia says no thanks to weapons for "self defence" and a line has been drawn.

The whole car argument is so retarded I do not know where to start with it, so stupid on so many levels.

People are alergic to gluten so we should ban wheat? That relates similarly to the car argument.

12. Killface

Killface Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Those bikies were pretty shithouse shots weren't they?

13. bordsilver

Yep. Obviously need to have very low IQ and mental health issues to have the skill of Martin.

14. bordsilver

Been discussed before. The line depends on circumstances (and primarily on location). In some circumstances there's no reason to ban carrying/using RPGs but in others you can't even have a pen knife. The same goes for any potentially hazardous materials like mercury, natural gas, chlorine etc.

15. Newtosilver

Monash University was not a mass shooting, look it up. Nice try at trying to throw it in there though, 4 or more people killed? No

Hectorville three people killed - it is not a mass shooting, the definition of a mass shooting is more than 4 people not including the shooter.

Hunt family murders were a murder suicide hence it is called the Hunt family MURDERS, it was not a mass shooting once again read the defination of a mass shooting, it is very different from a murder suicide. You like quoting stuff so stick to what the definition says and don't try and make something out to be what it is not.

Lindt Cafe Siege? You call it the Lindt cafe murders ok fair enough but it was not a mass shooting. How many people were killed? Was it 4 or more? No it wasn't, it was not a mass shooting. There was only 1 person killed by the shooter and the police killed one. How can you call the shooting of one person by the shooter a mass shooting? It was one person.

Going by the defintion of a mass shooting there have been none, you are just trying to make up shit.

Tell me of a shooting that has been 4 or more people not including the shooter.

Let me give you a few examples,
    Central coast massacre, 6 dead,
    Hoddle street massacre, 7 killed.
    Strathfield 7 dead.

Give me an example of where 4 or more people have been shot not including the victim, oh wait there have been none.

As you say the great thing about facts is you can not make them up.

Oh wait I missed something here obviously when you say mass shooting you don't mean "mass shooting" you mean your individual meaning of mass shooting how silly of me, lets not talk about the actual definition. What is your definition so we are on the same page? This is like tax is theft or meat is murder type stuff, not the widely accepted but your "special" definition no-one else knows about.

16. Newtosilver

17. Newtosilver

I was looking at the definition and I was wrong, in the US it is 4, in Australia it is defined as 5 or more which actually makes my argument stronger.

I am happy to use eithervthe US or Australian definition :)

18. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

It is.

19. Newtosilver

You truely are special, I have not looked at an Oxford dictionary for awhile, did they change it? Do they teach that in schools now? Ok just had a look at the definition of tax on wikipedia, shiney can you get onto them and sort it out so they can correct their page.

Also with the whole vegan meat is murder thing, to be murder it is the killing of a human being, can you contact someone and get them to update the world that all animals can be reclassified as humans please. We need to get stuff like this sorted out.

Can you give me a link to the new meaning of tax? You know where it says tax is theft.......... oh wait is this just you being special is'nt it?

Ok from now on whenever someone says chicken they are now talking about cows because ..... well because I want to change the definition of stuff so it suits my own purpose.

What is your definition of mass shooting so we all kno, where one or more people is killed because that seems like boaries defintion.

20. Newtosilver

Lol and meat is murder and have reclassified animals as human beings and it is now illegal to eat meat because you are actually eating humans which is cannabalism and not only is that illegal it is also morally wrong.

The things you could only learn here at silverstackers hey, who would have known. I had better go check out the alien thread of skyrockets where the future is being predicted to see if it is a good time to sell commercial property.