President Paul

Discussion in 'Gold' started by hiho, Aug 10, 2011.

1. col0016

col0016 Active Member

After watching that video I can see how you could try to draw parallels with Ron Paul, but no just no.

2. vektor

vektor New Member

everyone likes to insult Bob (as you have chosen to) , but don't have any clear reasons to dislike him.. Go trawling.. google, the hansard.. I know crew from from Aboriginal activists, yobbos and shooters, to farmers and former lefties who all love him. He has always worked his guts out for his constituents, even when it meant going to war against Pat Killoran and Joh when he was a junior minister, trying to get a fair go for indigenous Queenslanders..

it was summed up to me by a trade unionist who begrudgingly respected Katter.. " the only people who don't like Bob are inner city yuppies"

He was right.. Once again I ask, what are these 'issues' that make Bob out of the question for some people.. How can any sane person at this point, support the ALP/Greens or the coalition?? I suggest people actually go learn some Aussie political history, before they let the media form their opinions. ;)

3. vektor

vektor New Member

Mass civil disobedience will just end up with martial law. We aint Egypt.

I am an anarchist, I have always hated this corrupt system. But I'm giving Bob a go.

My mate is a prominent land rights activist from the 70s.. he despises all politicians and says exactly the same thing as you BBQ...'why waste your time voting?' But when I asked him to find fault with Bob, all he could say was he was an opportunist. (As we all are!), and that he was the 'best you are going to get'. That, along with policies I agree with are good enough reason for me to give this new party a go. Bob is not a redneck, he and his father have always had the same ideals, that of the 50s ALP. Sounds good to me.

4. col0016

col0016 Active Member

Ok Vektor I'll look more into him. It is true that all I have seen of his has been MSM reporting, which since it is so agressive probably means he is a good politician!

5. vektor

vektor New Member

once again.. you can't name an issue.. its his appearance and where he comes from.. Bigotry that is ridiculous when we have a freak ranga that cant speak properly from WA as PM! :lol:

This was posted before I saw teh previous post ;).. All I ask is for people to check out Bobs stuff...Sure he gets angry, but shouldn't we all be??? :mad:

6. vektor

vektor New Member

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcUxiaT5wIY[/youtube]

7. vektor

vektor New Member

And don't get me wrong, rebellion is in my pedigree and my stars.. But we need to be realistic about things and it just isn't an option in the modern world, unless its some foreign country the bankers and UN want to fall.

A rebellion in this country would just see the rebels cut down by our poor brothers and sisters in the security forces and martial law come into force.

I have old mates who lived through the troubles in N.Ireland. They (and I ) have no wish to live like that.

Cheers

8. Lovey80

Lovey80 Well-Known Member

For me BOB wants to make it mandatory for all fuel in QLD (Aust) to be 30% ethanol. For no other reason than to get his fat sugar farming buddies more $ for doing what they are doing.

I am all for having ethanol based fuel as an option, but please don't force me to use something. For every boat in QLD this would make them unusable if non ethanol based fuel wasn't available. I have two boats so you can imagine how that pisses me off.

[edit] Ron Paul is leagues ahead of Katter, over his dead body would a government mandate give a free kick to one industry over another.

9. col0016

col0016 Active Member

Biofuels fail and are causing 3rd world food prices to sky rocket. That is shit.

10. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

yeh mate - i'm not party to all the ins and outs of the tiss between the Shooters Party and the LDP, but i've heard the other side to that story as well, so would be good to sit down and compare stories over a beer.
    I guess what i'm trying to say is that I believe in the libertarian principles of the LDP. Whatever has happened between these two parties is sad because it has simply split up a group of people who should be united in their resistance to big government.

11. vektor

vektor New Member

The Milat stunt also was a farce.. they damaged ALL shooters reps with that one ;)

12. millededge

millededge Active Member

Mass civil disobedience works, eg refusal to pay taxes en masse.

- tienne De La Boetie (1552)

http://mises.org/rothbard/boetie.pdf nice read on the construct

13. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

I also didn't take him seriously - especially because he associated himself with those two-faced commies Rob Oakshott and Tony Windsor after the last election, but now that i've actually looked around his website and read what his party stands for - yeh - i like him!
    he is a libertarian so he will get my support.

all i was trying to say before though is that its monumentally stupid to split the libertarian vote between LDP, Shooters and Australia Party when these parties have very much the same kinds of principles. THEY NEED TO WORK TOGETHER!!

SAVVVIE??! :lol:

14. millededge

millededge Active Member

15. vektor

vektor New Member

Send Bob a letter, email etc on your worries. He will answer you.. I agree forcing ethanol on everyone would suck. I'll check out what the deal is for motors that can't use it. He also seems to be using ethanol to keep the carbon alarmists happy. Thanks for being clear on your worries.. Bob may have to sort think this one through better. I have sent him emails saying his CSM limits were too close to aquifers (3km) .. I don't mind prodding him. ;)

Cheers

16. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

my previous point still stands though. Like i said - every story has two sides...

None of these parties will get anywhere if they dont co-operate with each other.

17. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

only if we keep funding our own captivity. withhold taxes and the entire rotten system will collapse.

18. col0016

col0016 Active Member

The obvious problem with that is that they take our tax before we get our pay...

19. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

that's true, but there are many other areas where we are taxed and we could withhold it. solidarity and unity my friend - that is the secret to getting our freedoms back... but all in good time.

The sheeple haven't had enough good suffering yet! :D

20. 940palmtx

940palmtx New Member

LOL, I can't get enough of that word..sheeple LOL