President Paul

Discussion in 'Gold' started by hiho, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Yippe-Ki-Ya

Yippe-Ki-Ya New Member

I just love this guy... a true libertarian !!!

2. Dwayne

Dwayne New Member

This seems like crap to me. If this new technology is so good power companies will be using it already. The idea of letting more free market forces play out in the electricity market isn't necessarily a bad one, but I fail to see how it would necessarily result in this outcome.

3. hawkeye

hawkeye New Member Silver Stacker

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMUZIVYuluc[/youtube]

4. col0016

col0016 Active Member

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe in the US, because of the higher population, if RP gotvrid of a lot of regulation it would create more competition through stuff like this. I've heard that entrepreneurs usually go where more than 5% profit can be made, and this could fit the bill.

5. hiho

hiho Active Member Silver Stacker

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE30TH6Y7cI[/youtube]

6. hawkeye

He's actually secrectly an anarchist.

If you take libertarian thought to it's ultimate conclusion you end up at anarchism(or anarcho-capitalism or voluntaryism or whatever you want to call it). Most of the Mises institute including Lew Rockwell are anarchists.

Paul doesn't take that approach because it seems extreme to the average person(plus it's badly named). It's gently, gently into libertarian thought first. But if you pursue libertarian ideas and think about them and are intellectually honest, there's only one conclusion you can come to...

Regardless, I like him too.

7. Wout

Wout New Member

lol what are you talking about? Anarchy is where there is no government and chaos... it is just a temporary phase because in anarchy there is a power vacuum which is usually quickly filled

Ron Paul and the constitution outline a small federal government that is only there to protect your rights and defend the nation and where the states have the authority to decide other matters where the people have more influence

8. Agauholic

Agauholic New Member

Which is what any good lil government school would teach. "No government = chaos." ....... ohhh the terror.... ohhh someone think of the children....

Can't you see how drilled in it is?

Hawkeye is correct, anarchy (no ruling arch) is the logical extension of libertarian. Or hey you could call it PolyArchy, that is, everyone is their own king, with corresponding rights and responsibilities. This is the natural law, this is the law of liberty, one owns oneself.

The true mind virus, is that which you raised.... to "fear chaos" without a "Shepard", so pick me. Don't you see, they changed the meaning of the language. Perfect isn't it.

Congrats, you are well infected.

9. col0016

col0016 Active Member

No government? ??? How will I know what is right or wrong if there aren't people with guns telling me what is? :'(.

10. anonmiss

anonmiss Active Member Silver Stacker

Anarchy is the removal of the institutionalized violence inflicted on the innocent by the government. Chaos is chaos. These two words are mutually exclusive and are only joined by thoes who fear loosing their power by creating the falsehood of chaos without government.

11. col0016

col0016 Active Member

^^^ that.

12. Lovey80

Lovey80 Well-Known Member

Wholly Shit, if this guy is on the money, Newt and Perry are out of the race in Virginia because they failed to get the required 10,000 signatures required in Virginia. So the real votes in Virginia will be Romney V Paul with those retards Santorum and Bachman cleaning up the scraps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaERkCGLXSE

Can one of the Americans please explain the significance of this for me please?

Edit: it's confirmed the only ones voting in the Virginia Primary will be for Romney or Paul.

13. hiho

14. Wout

Wout New Member

wow Utah showing alot of interest in Romney, looks like Virginia will be very interesting seeing how RP does against Romney without the other status-quo douche bags diluting the "establishment" vote, if he cleans up there that would be huge

Im getting excited for January the 3rd haha its one of the few things to be optimistic about these days

15. hiho

DES MOINES -- Ron Paul brought in reinforcements for the final full day of campaigning before the Iowa caucuses: His son, Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul.

"We're going to win in Iowa tomorrow!" the younger Paul declared at a rally at a downtown hotel here, the first of five "whistle-stop" events that would take the pair from Cedar Rapids to Cedar Falls. Rand Paul, a Tea Party favorite, said he had agreed to campaign for his father if he didn't have to wear a tie. (He wore a gray V-neck sweater instead.)

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/onpolitics/post/2012/01/ron-paul-rand-paul-iowa-rally-/1

16. euphoria

euphoria New Member

Today is the day. (well tonight I guess.) do results come out on the day does anyone know. Also curious what others think an elected Paul might do for precious metals value? I can only see it increasing if he legalises its use as currency.

Thats on top of possibly unearthing the manipulation. For this alone I do not think he will be allowed to win.

http://gata.org/node/10840

17. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Yep today is the day..... and if RP does'nt get in and break their corrupt,evil system, we ALL will live in a very different world within a few short years.

I also think he may be getting some serious votes from the medicinal pot users that he spoke about on Jay Leno show last week about how he will 'legalise it' for med use.....Very smart move RP.

18. hiho

Watched the orielly factor and he stated categorically no matter the result Paul will never be the gop nominee, made me so mad, one cause l watched that trash and two the sheer arrogance.

19. hawkeye

I wouldn't worry about Bill, he's on the fast track to complete irrelevance. The world's passing him by. He's more amusing these days than anything else. "haha, oh bill, what a silly old fool you are..."

20. kram

kram New Member

"The caucuses begin at 7 p.m. local time and results are expected to come in within the hour."

http://www.neontommy.com/node/15295

So starts around 11am EST tomorrow, might wake up early for once on my holidays to catch the results