POSEIDON - *Actual* photos PLUS video

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by zlatibor, Jun 3, 2014.

1. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Fugly coin series...I will definitely avoid wasting my money on this.

2. chrissilver

chrissilver Member Silver Stacker

I think that these coins are either loved or hated. I for one am a big fan of the design and I hope Perth mint bring out more high relief coins like this. Would be nice if they made somthing more affordable, maybe something with a higher mintage.

3. motorbikez

motorbikez Member Silver Stacker

4. Stark

Stark Active Member Silver Stacker

Don't get personal now. Some people like some coins, some other likes another. I'm big fan of Norfed rounds, but some people don't like them. That's life...

5. HAC888

HAC888 Member

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

We could all look at this POSEIDON coin and have different views.
    Some of us see it Ugly, Some of us see it Beautiful, some of us see it as a work of art, some of us see it as a good luck , some of us see it as a protection, some of us see it just a Silver,.... Etc...

Many of us see it as an unethical release process from Perth Mint.

I agree with Stark, we should not get too personal...but, Damn it...Perth Mint .... Ouch.

6. zlatibor

zlatibor Member

I'd love to see a similar "Gods of the Nordic Pantheon" series, including Odin, Thor & Loki.

#justsayin #perthmintareyoureadingthis?

7. mmissinglink

I detect a lot of jealousy of Chinese medals there. :)

Yes, of course to each their own but I do find it troubling that there were no (not that I recall) suggestions for members to "Don't get personal now" when some members had trash-talked coins and medals that I posted pictures of. So because no one did that I have every right and intention to kick the crap out of hideous coins that other members post pics of. Comparing the crap design of Piss-eye-done and Znooze coins to the Chinese Snake Dance and Wutai medals is like comparing the work of Mark Rothko to Rembrandt....the similarities end at the products being made of metal. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. zlatibor

zlatibor Member

I dont think anyone needs to get all overly-sensitive about any coin. I sure as heck aren't.

One's taste is highly subjective.

Play nice kids, or I'll bang your heads together.

9. motorbikez

Yes all in your opinion, but you were the one that started the trash talk and you are still talking trash, the best thing to do is make no comment if you don't like a coin. :cool:

10. mmissinglink

Hi motorbikez,

You're entitled to your own opinion, but not to conjuring up your own facts out of thin air which is what you've done. Please stop making up more nonsense like that...every time you do, your credibility falls further down the well.

If you'd bothered to read what I'd written and check the record, you'd have seen that for a long time (I noticed it since I've been a member more or less), some members here have trashed some of the coins I have praised. So you are completely wrong to claim that I started it. I am simply doing what has been done unabated for a very long time here on the SS forum....which is to be critical of products that you don't like. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with that and this is why I never once cried "unfair" or anything like that against anyone who was trashing coins I like.

It's hypocritical for a member to want me to not show my disapproval of a coin while not wanting the same thing from other members who have done that long before I. If it is not okay for one, it has to be not okay for all. Partiality and favoritism is the hallmark of a corrupt system.

Good day.

11. chrissilver

chrissilver Member Silver Stacker

The fact of the matter is wether or not people like or dislike the Poseidon coin (and any other coin). The OP has uploaded some fantastic quality photos and video of the Poseidon coin :)

12. motorbikez

I'm not talking about other posts I don't read every post and I'm not conjuring anything up, in this thread you have made two posts slagging off these coins, its you who are talking nonsense , if you had an ounce of sense (no pun intended) you would not make a comment if you don't like a particular coin. I'm not interested in that other members have trashed coins you have praised.
    There is a saying people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

13. clear

clear Well-Known Member

you seem very offended by both Zues and Poseidon coins, so what do you dislike about this coin series - topic , design , size or price

14. Golden ChipMunk

Golden ChipMunk Well-Known Member

I suggest you Kids take it some where. Trashing on a good post with nice pictures n video..
    ccmon. :mad:

15. mmissinglink

Stop your nonsense of conjuring up your crap. Your credibility just sank even deeper.

You responded to me about trash-talk AFTER (as in subsequent or pursuant to) I stated (in my post of 22:49:39) that others have trash-talked coins that I have shared....not the other way around. I NEVER stated that the trash talk occurred only in this thread....that's your absurd misconstruing of my words....so please don't falsely suggest or pretend that I stated only in this thread....I never did. It doesn't even matter which thread trash-talking a coin occurs on....just that when it does it must be treated in the same way by someone who has a problem with trash-talking coins to avoid being a hypocrite. Only inside your confused misconstrue-and-spew-false-claims brain might it be some sort of deal breaker if trash-talk only occurs in 1 thread of all the multitudes of threads on the entire SS forum. This thread is NOT the entire SS board and you can not make it that way no matter how much you want to.

I am awaiting your unilateral apology to me, motorbikez.

16. mmissinglink

The design is very poor. I love high relief medals and coins so this is definitely not my gripe about these fugly Perth Mint coins. The design is not even stylized like the below coin for example....it's just a really poorly rendered and carved design (the coin itself is not carved of course). It's an out of proportion cartoon not at all worthy of being put onto a coin in my opinion. Seriously, the design is really bad.

This would be an example of a stylized design (I do not own this coin but am simply referencing it to make my point):
    http://www.images-apmex.com/handler...s/Products/61746_Obv.jpg&width=300&height=300

Look at other high relief designs that are worthy of being minted:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Statue-of-L...693?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43ca510ee5

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1987-Medall...133?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item54093c5a7d

And there are plenty of high relief silver medals that have designs worthy of minting IMHO, the last 2 links are intended to reference good design not type of metal used in a good design.

17. Audeamus

Audeamus Member

Design is subjective...Surly people have worked this out by now? "Fugly" or not let Ebay decide....

Price Up = Good
    Price down = Bad

Keep it simple people!

18. pushingtin

pushingtin Member Silver Stacker

Maybe they will do a Goddess series thereafter, I wouldnt mind a Aphrodite coin...

19. Stark

Stark Active Member Silver Stacker

Nice designs. I like the rabbit a lot. With lunars Russian really hit the nail. :)

20. mmissinglink

Yes, bingo! And I should be able to voice my subjective opinion about a fugly coin as much as anyone else in any thread on the SS forum.

Ultimately that's what the issue really is about here...freedom to share views; motorbikez doesn't seem to want others to express an opinion on whether or not they like a coin design if that opinion conflicts with theirs. Afterall, this is precisely what he expects from me: "the best thing to do is make no comment if you don't like a coin" in his 03:39:46 comment to me.

The arrogant audacity of some people to want others they may happen to disagree with to be silent - on a public forum nonetheless - is a bit disturbing. It's one thing to disagree with someone and posit an argument to support your position and it's something very different to expect the other member to be completely silent....especially if it's an opinionated member like me. :)