Juliar Dillard announces Election 14 September 2013

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by nonrecourse, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

These days when I see a newborn child in Australia I think "You poor kid. for the rest of your life you will be paying for pink batts and the payouts for the people killed installing them, grocery watch, fuel watch, school halls that no-one needed, Craig Thompson and Peter Slipper's legal fees, welfare for economic refugees, failed Green Scheme loans, failed Cash for Clunkers, rorted set top box installations, unprecedented expenditure on spin doctors and political advertising and massive funding to unions that use the money for "interesting" purposes". You were born during the tenure of a government that began in ignominy and that turned a multi billion dollar surplus into the greatest debt that Australia has ever known. You were born during the tenure of a party that single handedly keeps ICAC staff tied up investigation massive fraud.

Not much of a start to life.

2. browski

browski Member

Still better than the altenative tis time around. Thanks for your calm contribution.

3. browski

browski Member

.....but a better place to start than anywhere else. Enough of your bile.

4. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

:lol: What tablets are you on man? In what way was it "exactly" like a Hitler speech? I contend that it was definitely not exactly like a Hitler speech.

5. Emanance

Emanance Guest

Bile is produced by the liver to breakdown fats http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bile I'm glad we all agree labors spending has been a fatty excess. So maybe bile is what we should all be spewing.

6. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

That's why my kids have dual citizenship (Australian, and an Asian country), and speak two languages. I'm going to encourage them to get educated in Australia, then leave Australia before they actually have to start paying for all that crap they never used.

7. Shaddam IV

What precisely is the alternative? You claim to know what a liberal party "would do" that hasn't even been in government yet. You must have a crystal ball. Yet we do know exactly what the Gillard government has done - delivered is into massive debt in a sea of corruption. We know that the previous Liberal government brought us prosperity and a surplus, yet for some reason you seem to believe that the Liberal Party will now completely reverse it's historical performance and become like the Labor party and deliver massive debt. If you are going to make statements like this then you had best provide your sources or reasons for making them if you expect to be taken seriously.

8. Shaddam IV

You have very fortunate children indeed. I wish all parents had your foresight.

9. Shaddam IV

Bile? Is there anything not factual in my post?

10. Ronnie 666

Ronnie 666 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

100% factual and 100% preventable - its a pity that people cant see the truth through their red tinted spectacles.

11. Big A.D.

Big A.D. Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The previous Liberal government got to ride the wave of a once-in-a-generation economic boom (fueled largely by debt).

Yay for them.

The current Labor government got to deal with the effects of a once-in-a-generation economic bust (fueled largely by all that debt).

Bummer for them.

The current Liberal party is on record as saying they would have stood back and watched the whole economy crumble.

The current Labor party spent a load of money propping it up.

Neither party has any intention of using the historically low interest rates we have at the moment to get cheap financing for the huge backlog of roads, railways, bridges, tunnels, airports and other infrastructure projects that we're going to need in the future.

12. Shaddam IV

Can you show me where I can find that record? Which member of the party said that and when? Where can I find this quote? In Hansard?

13. Shaddam IV

Howard left us with a surplus, not a debt.

14. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Lame excuse.

Lame defense.

Lame unsubstantiated self-justification for negligent fiscal policy and reckless spending.

15. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I suspect Big A.D. is talking about the stimulus program. You'll probably remember that Dogmatix, AngloSaxon and others effectively dismissed this as rubbish in a discussion a couple of months ago though http://forums.silverstackers.com/message-434086.html#p434086

16. Big A.D.

Big A.D. Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Screw it, everyone here has already made their mind up, haven't they?

The more I travel outside of Australia, the more I realize how insular and clueless we are as a nation...and at the end of the day, we'll get the government we deserve.

17. nonrecourse

nonrecourse Well-Known Member

Another fiscally still born individual. The hard labour modus operandi works on dividing the community and feeding off envy under the guise of being fair :mad:

The current plan to steal (tax) self managed super annuants retirement income is the natual corollary of the obscene blood sucking leach that the corpus of the Australian labor party represents.

A pox on your godless, souless excuse called social justice. The adherrents of these inept policies will punish the poor and disadvantaged.

Bring on the election.

Kind Regards
    non recourse

18. Shaddam IV

I think that you can apply that comment to just about any country on the planet.

19. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

so because dogmatix, anglo saxon & others dismissed it its correct ? PFFFT !!! what a crock.... Ive heard theres lots of peadophiles all agreeing that its correct to molest children ....doesnt make it right . Jesus you say some stupid things sometimes . you guys believe your own bullshit ..Because 3 guys on a forum said it it must be correct .....lol :lol:

20. GBN

GBN Member

Howard left a govt surplus, but everybody I know in my age group was / is mortgaged up to their eyeballs.
    I believe there was still a trade deficit when Howard was removed.