Juliar Dillard announces Election 14 September 2013

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by nonrecourse, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

This obsession with a budget surplus is a real indicator of how economically inept both parties are.

2. AngloSaxon

AngloSaxon Active Member

Yes, the speech she gave minutes after it was revealed Slipper sent gross misogynistic text messages about the female anatomy and Jillard had to support his position as Speaker when the Liberals were asking for his resignation. She gave her misogyny speech minutes after backing a genuine misogynist. You remember he eventually resigned in part because of this.

You're referring to the wrong issue. I'm not referring to what happened between Slipper and Ashby - that's a related but still separate scandal.

3. Lovey80

Lovey80 Well-Known Member

I would never ever use wether a federal budget Being in surplus or not as any sort of indicator of economic health. It will not and will never be an indicator of economic health. How absurd.

However when government is allowed to get too large and government spending is a large part of a countires GDP, budget defecits can be a very negative long term factor on an economy. Large debts are an Achilles heel also. It's never an indicator of economic health though.

4. doomsday surprise

doomsday surprise Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Firstly, this is going to be a loooooooooonnnnnngggggg thread with an 8 month election campaign.
    Secondly, both sides of government all across the western world are culpable for the mess we are going to go through for the next 5/10/20 years. All governments have been financially irresponsible ever since the last link to gold was severed and the whole world decided on a fiat ponzi system.
    If anyone thinks either side is going to magically fix the problems facing the entire globe then, I'm sorry, but you are deluded.

5. GoldenEgg

GoldenEgg Member

Well in my eyes it's obvious she knew that Thomson would be arrested and this is why she called the election the day previously.

6. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Look what that Damn Tony Abbott has gone and done now :mad: Seriously, Is there no end to his depravity ? 149 counts of fraud against fee paying mum and dad members of a Union and that's just an accounting from prosecutors of what will stand up in court. Surely there is video footage that will emerge of evil Tony in his speedo's sneaking in to the brothels and rolling the condoms onto poor Craig (I haven't done anything wrong) Thomson and friends just to frame them right ? Footage of Julia Gillard arriving home to a renovated home and saying Gosh ? how did this all happen, Damn Bill that Greek bullshit artist, I bet Tony put him up to it. Knifing Rudd, Lies, Pink Batts, Lies, School Halls, Lies, Live exports,Lies, Non yielding mining taxes, Lies, 10 billion a year to the U.N, Big Lies, a carbon tax, Lies, linked to an exponential budget deficit, Lies, an NBN , Lies, that went 10 times over budget and on and on and on. And that's before Tony did a looper and fiddled the books at slater and gordon just to frame Julia with fraud more Lies,

He's like a scarlet pimpernel that Tony, flitting around and fouling things up in his little red budgie smugglers while giggling maniacally, Just look at what he has done to Australia in the last five years. And he is not even the prime minister.

Makes you wonder huh ?

7. Henry Wartooth

Henry Wartooth New Member

It's only an obsession because it's something voters consider a positive. Bread and circuses all the way!

8. iceblue

iceblue Well-Known Member

SPOT ON.
    Distractionary BS, nothing more.
    Of course she knew Thompson was gone, the think tank that pulls her strings would have been having high level discussion on this for weeks.
    The whole thing including both sides of politics is nothing more than a sham, a joke.
    The puppet masters of Australia at work.

9. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Tony Abbot is very smart. I can't work out why he talks like a fool.

On lying to the population, costings and party solidarity.

"And I can certainly understand the dismay of of some electors. I can obviously understand that. But there are all sorts of values here. One value is obviously keeping commitments. But another important value is economic responsibility, and another a third important value is solidarity with the team."

You think he and his mob would be different? Dream on.

I'm voting this time so I can tick the box for Assange.

10. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

For those who think the election on 14 September 2013 conflicts with their religious itinerary please read

Early vote: in person or by post

You can vote early either in person or by post if on election day you:

*are outside the electorate where you are enrolled to vote

*are more than 8km from a polling place

*are travelling

*can't leave your workplace to vote

*are seriously ill, infirm or due to give birth shortly (or caring for someone who is)

*are a patient in hospital and can't vote at the hospital

*have religious beliefs that prevent you from attending a polling place

*are in prison serving a sentence of less than three years or otherwise detained

*are a silent elector

*have a reasonable fear for your safety.

http://www.aec.gov.au/Voting/ways_to_vote/

11. projack

projack Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

My obsession with the family budget surplus cost my marriage, but it was worth every cent of it.

12. browski

browski Member

Yes, I mean that speech. It was politically expedient........but as the law turned out; he had no case to answer. Funny that Julia defended a Lib member's right to due process and you don't even have the decency to acknowledge that she made the right call...............even though it was politically convenient.

13. boston

boston Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

What is a silent elector?

14. Lovey80

So if she made the right call then why did the AG roll straight over and pay out Ashby in settlement?

15. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It's irrelevant. Browski's trying to follow through on a non-argument and is at the point of trolling.

The whole reason this topic came up was in relation to it being the "first honest thing she has done in the entire tenure" which is clearly wrong.

16. Lovey80

Exactly but it seems Browski's premis is that she did the right thing in standing by Slippers right to innocent until proven guilty when in fact she was just doing it because Harry Jenkins had stood down and after she rolled one of the independents (Wilke) and broke another promise.

My point is she degraded her own character further by the above AND she did it on the back of her own cabinet member "pleading guilty" on the government behalf and paying Ashby a settlement. If Slipper was such a fine and upstanding speaker that was innocent, the government (AG) should have fought Ashbys claim.

17. nonrecourse

nonrecourse Well-Known Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ++++ 10,000,000

Kind Regards
    non recourse

18. nonrecourse

nonrecourse Well-Known Member

:rolleyes: Wonderful confidence I agree. Tony and the boys in blue are sharpening their knives. Thompson and the HSU fraud charges plus the ICAC Obeid scandle combined with Juliar being investigated by the Victorian and federal police.... will play out well over the next 8 and a half months a real spit roast :p

The labour thugs day of reckonning is 14/09/2013.

I predict that Tony Abbot will be Prime Minister for longer than John Howard. I roar with laughter every time a labor voter whines to me that Malcolm Turn coat Turnbull would suit. His place will be treasurer and like Costello he will be brilliant but will never be Prime Minister.

I'm looking forward to Tony's evisceration of the union movement and the demise of the climate change bull$hit.

Kind Regards
    non recourse

19. Big A.D.

Big A.D. Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Malcolm Turnbull has an articulate, moderate, conservative position. He's also demonstrated that he's prepared to change his mind on something when presented with a reasonable argument.

He's one of the depressingly few statesmen in parliament and head and shoulders above Abbott including as preferred Liberal Party leader, both by the wider electorate and within the party itself.

20. SilverSanchez

SilverSanchez Active Member

Malcolm Turnbull is not a conservative - he is left of center and someone who destroys solidarity and unity in the Libral party for his own reasons.

Free thinkers are good - except when their not thinking at all.

I strongly recomend the movie

AGENDA: Grinding America Down

For the political clarification

Link to Movie: https://vimeo.com/52009124

Free to watch full movie for a limited time