Jobs, jobs and jobs ... Going, going gone

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by CriticalSilver, Feb 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CriticalSilver

CriticalSilver New Member Silver Stacker

Hey is it just a coincidence that all the job layoffs stopped being announced while this Labour (SP?) Party in-fighting over the Prime Minister position has errupted. Or did I miss some layoffs?

Maybe the best thing for the country is if the politicians just keep fighting amongst themselves and leave the rest of us alone. It's probably been the best week of the year for the economy. :lol:

2. Nugget

Nugget Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

http://www.couriermail.com.au/busin...nto-receivership/story-fn7kjcme-1226283007633

3. Guest

Guest Guest

They'll keep coming too. The 'R' word hasn't even been mentioned at question time yet, but when it gets to the point where they admit there's an issue, the gubmint can't do a damn thing about it.

Compared to what we had in the early to mid 1990s, this is literally nothing and this time around, we have a crapload of cheap imported labour to flood the markets.

You aint sen nothing yet.

4. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Perhaps if the retarded "Fair Work" act was repealed employers might start employing more Australians instead of trying to shed staff.

5. silverfunk

silverfunk Active Member

I am currently recruiting at the moment for a low level admin job, paying around 41k and I was surprised at how many applications I got, over 200.

Some of the applicants had been in roles that were paying circa 80-100k easy.

We have a jobs crisis that's for sure.

6. CriticalSilver

Just found out that Suncorp are outsourcing their auto assessors to India. Insurance assessing from India? Not sure how that will work. Given the triple constraints of Time - Quality - Cost, I wonder what will be compromised to achieve a lower Cost?

What's a few more unemployed? They can just tweak up the MRRT, the CO2 tax and the GST and the welfare economy will steamroll on.

7. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

What jobs? It's not about "jobs". It's about slavery and realising we are living in a modern day version of the feudal system.

The feudal system is alive and well. We still have a royal family, we have government and politicians as barons, tax department agents as lords, army personell and police officers as knights. Keep the masses doped with religion, sex and TV but we are still are serfs and peasants no matter what century.
    Get a job and work hard, pay your taxes, and keep dreaming it's a democracy.

8. Water&Food

Water&Food New Member

Of course, reforms and regulations are only one piece of the 'job loss' puzzle. Many factors come into play (incl. obvious economic trade deficit).

@silverfunk
    A buddy informs me now and then how he has numerous academics with degrees applying to be a store clerk every week, the number growing.

When will systematic stop being right?

Look people; the world will eventually be one big global unison economy. During this process (which we are currently in the middle of) there will be inconsistencies, discrepancies, unbalance, discord, blah blah blah. Nations lose sovereignty/autonomy to instead become a piece in the jigsaw, a piece with a dedicated role.
    Some 'ex nations' will become designated Service Sector.
    Some will become designated Manufacturers.
    Some will become designated (inter)National Parks.
    Some will become designated International Power Stations/Plants.
    Some will become designated Sex Slaves
    Some will become designated Prisons/Gaols
    Some will become designated Telletubbies

You get the picture.

9. Nugget

Nugget Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Peak oil will stimmy those plans.

10. Water&Food

Water&Food New Member

Unison. In an ideal global 'nation' each 'district' will be given a quota of abiotic oil. Remember (the 'plan'), not everyone in the world will serve a purpose, they are expendable, and they surely will be eradicated.

Anyway, they are not my plans. I love you too.

What law is this? How is auspm breaking the law? Oh, you must be applying your perceived ethics on others.
    Clearly, you are 'naive', 'complacent' and 'gullible' to conclude the apparent innocent did not have a chance. Yes they did, by turning off that television, opening their eyes up to corruption.
    I love double standards.

I do not and will not feel guilty nor compassionate about others and their ignorance.
    The only innocent are the babies/children, all else are fkn guilty, and I hardly doubt you accuse auspm's 'vindictive' ways aimed at babies and children.

Snap outa it yeti.

11. DoolBrevlis

DoolBrevlis Member

A decade ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.

Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope :/

12. Mitchell

Mitchell Member

Auspm, what have you sown?

13. Guest

Guest Guest

Clever :)

More than the average bear, Boo Boo!

14. Mitchell

Mitchell Member

Which is?

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Quite frankly, no one's f'n business!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

On a more serious note...

My commentary regarding the point 'reap what you sow' is more aimed at the collective mindset and policy driven attitudes of modern society.

The 'people' were always given the option of time tested paths to security and stability, but despite the endless warnings which they shouted down as 'doom & gloom' they chose mindless greed at any cost instead.

I have no sympathy for them and only become lecturous when those who fought to bring about the status quo which undermines the principles the collective (hypocritically promoted as an ideal) have the audacity to complain.

So the simplest definition I repeat is we reap what we sow.

The banks didn't hold a gun to the head of the people and told them to borrow up big and spin the wheel, they did that of their own conscious, free volition and didn't give a damn of the consequences in doing so.

In fact, they used collective, political FORCE to create an underclass that they could lord over and mocked those on the bottom rung for being there, such is the so called benign nature of the collective, 'democratic' society we live in.

It's the height of hypocracy they would now demand sympathy for their plight in not only the economic consequences, but the inevitable social fallout as well.

The incredible part is we act like we never even saw it coming, like it was an 'unforseeable' event.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yes, clearly, humanity has never seen this situation before. Never knew what to expect. Never understood the virtues of those before which learned the hard way the paths to the proposed virtues and standards which promoted the 'ideal' society we hypocritically proclaim is the ideal, but threw out the window as quickly as possible when early retirement on the backs of others was offered up by the financial elite.

What a laugh!

16. CriticalSilver

It is pretty easy to lose sight of the individual in any generalisations of a collective, though.

17. Chilli

Chilli Member Silver Stacker

Love your blogspot Gino, thankyou !

18. Butch

Butch Active Member Silver Stacker

Just read the entire thread from start to finish. Must be the longest thing since gone with the wind.

19. Mitchell

Mitchell Member

I ask again, what have you sown? (I assume that you do not consider yourself exempt from the proverb 'you reap what you sow')

In what way have you distinguished yourself differently from the society which you deride? What have you done to build the society which you say is the correct society?

It's a serious question I'm asking you.

20. Guest

Guest Guest

My personal circumstances are no one's business but my own Mitchell. I was being polite before, but it would seem you missed the (less than subtle) hint.

Anyone who's known me for a while around these parts knows full well I don't roll with the punches of the status quo.

I'm an ideological outcast according to the accepted standards and social conventions (even around here).

But such questions inevitably lead to attacking the person, rather than discussing the merits of the point at hand and I'd rather avoid the former.

I'm not here for anyone's approval or require acknowledgement to validate my own position. I know I am right here and don't need anyone to confirm it for me.

I set my own standards on conduct, ethics and values. But needless to say, on an idealistic level I adhere to a foundation that's far more traditional than what many would expect of modern society.

The state of our modern world is the direct result of ethics and values that collectively we denounce, but adhere to all the same and this is my point.

I comment because it's clear the common consensus cannot make the rational connection between cause and effect, such is the nature of a society that has had any sense of personal responsibility long since leeched from it.

I'm not here to defend MY personal situation (which I reiterate is no ones business but my own), but rather to engage on the intellectual discussion of the topic at hand and crystalise the relationship between the status quo of now and the path the lead it to be where it is.

Trying to insinuate hypocritical bias on the assumption I'm part of the same collective is a dead end counter point Mitchell, of that I can assure you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.