Immunisation allowance for children to be cut from July 2012.

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by Byron, Apr 27, 2012.

1. AngloSaxon

AngloSaxon Active Member

1. That's a risk I'd want to mitigate.
    2. No there is no vaccine. I'm trying to make a point about getting a preventable life long infection with consequences running over their entire life.
    3. I think preventing risk of contracting any disease outweighs the discomfort any reaction to the vaccine itself like swelling, nausea, fever. Is that what you're getting at? Experiencing symptoms of the disease/infection while the body generates its' immune response to protect you indefinitely is just something you need to live with. I've lived with that my whole life, it's not hard or scary to have a sore arm for a few days.
    4. Google that, many sources say you're good for 25 years. If not lifelong.

2. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

1. Easy, get tested for hep-b.
    2. So it wasn't even preventable, and you used it as an example anyhow? What is the point?
    3. Even the risk of autism, general poor health, SIDs or death?
    4. Google "Rangertell". There's plenty of weird stuff on the net. I'm sure I could pull just as many links agreeing with any given argument as I could that disagree.

3. dragafem

dragafem Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

cold sore is a virus in yr body which presents time to time...anger,food or anything could trigger it...you have to clean yr body to get rid of it and to cure it and not get vaccinated...

4. dragafem

why would u get a tattoo on a Thai holiday?:D

5. dragafem

flu shot..does it cure the problem? Maybe but only temporarily as u need a new one next year...and next year that flu virus already mutated so u need something different,stronger vaccine...more toxin to yr body..dont tell me you cant get over a flu without that?and even with the shot ,how many still getting the cold..maybe their body just cant accept that vaccine..but the toxin is already in you...but dont worry they can give u another one :)

vaccination are given as an option.u choose or not choose to get them...yr body is an amazing thing,it can heal itself.maybe needs more time to get over any diseases but without the toxin

6. GoldenEgg

GoldenEgg Member

Of course they are, they however get the real vaccines without any of the crap in them.How can anyone claim injecting mercury into someone is healthy?

7. AngloSaxon

AngloSaxon Active Member

The common cold and influenza are different viruses if I recall correctly and there isn't a yearly vaccine for it. Just because the influenza virus evolves quickly we should stop our best methods of preventing death? The strain of influenza we had last winter reached America in December and quietly killed hundreds of people.

8. mmm....shiney!

mmm....shiney! Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

How come I wasn't told?

9. AngloSaxon

AngloSaxon Active Member

I can see no amount of persuasion or factual information or even my inventive logical paths can change you mind. I deliberately didn't reply a few days as it will not change your mind. But I still have to correct you on a couple of things.

1. Yes easy. But insulting when I ask my parents, wifes parents and anyone else who may be close with us for an extended time to get tested for a disease they consider a sexually transmitted one.
    2. I'm sure you're familiar with the use of analogies to prove a point. One lost on a few people it seems.
    3. Lets go. Autism - Only claimed or has the line "studies may suggest" autism with the MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) combined vaccine. I researched that in depth before our child arrived and now that claim has been around a while it has been noticed that the only real link between autism and the vaccine are that the diagnosis of autism occurs at the same childs age as the age the vaccine is best applied. So many people are suspicious of the MMR that they have refused the vaccine and guess what, as the use of MMR has declined the proportion of autism diagnoses have not changed. So good luck with no defence against mumps or the sterility causing disease rubella, if you're going to get autism you will get it regardless of the MMR. I read one medical study that claimed the rise in autism in western society began before the MMR was introduced anyway.

General poor health - a week of weak symptoms of the disease while your body learns for itself how to fight weakened versions of the full strength virus. Acceptable to me.

SIDS - I've read extensively on this too. Sudden Infact Death Syndrome is not from one cause. Rates of SIDS have dropped since we as a society applied what should have been common sense practices: Not exposing babies to cigarette or other smoke, not sleeping babies in adult beds where the parents crush babies or their weight stops them breathing, sleeping babies on their backs and tightening their sheet so they can't turn onto their stomach - stopping basically a range of things that cause positional asphyxia, choking or respiratory problems in babies' small bodies. The literature given to new parents (thats me!) by conventional doctors and early childhood centres, and that I went looking for on the internet, does not mention vaccinations as a cause of positional asphyxia/SIDS. If that says 'Conspiracy!' to you, that's your problem.

Death - Do you mean from SIDS? See above.

4. I've get most of my information above from trusted doctors, even some in extended family. I have directed you to a website or google search as that is easier initially than asking you to go speak to 5 doctors. To speak honestly, most of what is said attempting to counter my arguments in this thread is it self what I would call Rangertell material taken straight from someone elses ignorance you saw on the internet and just believed. Seek both sides of the story. I already have.

10. willrocks

I'm only going to reply to one of your points regarding hep-b.

Firstly I'd rather be insulting if it meant a health benefit to my children. Regardless of how embarrassing it may be.

Secondly, a few facts about hep-b show that your fears of casual contact giving hep-b are probably not even worth a second thought.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/11/03/hepatitis-b-vaccines-at-birth.aspx

According to the ABS there's less than 300 incidents of Hepatitis B in Australia. Nearly all of those are adults and have traveled overseas, and engaged in risky activities.

11. Matthew 26:14

Matthew 26:14 New Member

Sounds like more middle class social welfare that should be cut. If people want to have kids, good on em, but you can pay for your choice thanks. $5k baby bonus, maternity leave, Family Tax Part A, Family Tax Part B, School Bonus and on and on and on..... no wonder this country had a budget deficit.

12. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The middle class pay the majority of the taxes that enter the government coffers each year, the middle class show up for work each day and sustain the economy. The middle class run the small businesses that bring in much of the GST revenue to the government and employ staff who also pay tax. When a working middle class woman has a child she has to stop working for a time. Why is it wrong for her to receive support from the public purse during her time caring for her newborn but it's OK for someone who contributes no tax and who is a net drain on the public purse to be paid during that time? The harder you work and the more you contribute to the common purse the less entitles you are to be looked after during the time that you cannot work. Sorry, I don't see this as being fair at all.

13. willrocks

The problem with most GPs (regardless of how 'trusted' they may appear) is their training is almost exclusively about what medicines/product to administer for any given condition. They get almost all their information from pharmaceutical companies such as Pfizer, Bayer, Johnson & Johnson to name just a few. These companies are there for profit, hundreds of billions annually.

Point being, a GP's advice will often be tainted by information they receive from big pharmaceutical companies.

14. dragafem

it is either baby bonus or paid parental leave...I believe no more family tax part A only B..

15. doomsday surprise

doomsday surprise Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Why should I pay for middle class welfare? The above reasons are bullshit. You wanna have kids - you pay for it! You want a new house - you pay for it!
    Cut out all the freebies, simplify the tax system to a flat 10% on everything and cut out government meddling in our lives and the economy will be better off, the budget will be balanced and Australians will be better off.

16. AngloSaxon

AngloSaxon Active Member

Well obviously you go to the wrong doctors. Go to a houso doctor and they'll give you a script for antibiotics to treat your anaemia and throw you out the door to get the next Medicare patient in. I don't go to those doctors. Get someone who actually listens - I rarely get prescriptions for anything.

I suppose you don't count any doctors as friends. Your loss.

17. thatguy

thatguy Active Member

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH7DdnXPm2U[/youtube]
    Interesting
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4-X-Xpm240[/youtube]

18. lucky luke

lucky luke Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

An old post but still worthy of rebuttal seeing as I'm a little bored this morning and have time to read old threads.

Yep. That helmet while wearing my tredley is surely going to help me when I get hit by a car.

Nope. Just revenue raising initiatives on top of big brother type control/education.

19. lucky luke

ahhh give it to them anyway. You never know. It might come in handy someday so just go the jab. After all, what harm can it do. Plenty of experts here who not only believe needles are just fine and dandy but also seem to think they have the right to tell me (and my children) that we should get them too. :rolleyes:

20. lucky luke

Maybe the doctors will next come up with an immunization for lead. After all, it seems to noisily kill thousands of people annually in America and it's a home-grown affliction.