Immunisation allowance for children to be cut from July 2012.

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by Byron, Apr 27, 2012.

1. popcorn

popcorn Member

And that's why he still has still his license to kill, err, practice ;)
    Medical students and any other students just follow the textbooks and the professors in order to pass the exams and has a license to work.

2. boston

boston Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

For clarity, how old are your GP's children?

My understanding is, and I stand to be corrected, that the older the child is when the immunisation injections are given, the less harmful it is to them. That said, for infants it really is quite a different story.

3. dragafem

dragafem Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I had to bring back this thread to live and see what members are thinking about not to vaccinate their precious baby.Try to be specific and helpful.

Share yr thoughts here or send me an email :)

Cheers guys

4. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

My nephew had to be rushed to hospital after a vaccine, and nearly died. My first son was sick for two weeks after a vaccine.

My second son has never had a vaccine, and is the healthiest in the family. Literally he has never been sick. When we all get a cold or flu, he gets a runny nose for about half a day then is back to normal.

5. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Our daughter has had 100% vaccination all the way. She's in great health. My wife and I have all useful vaccinations when needed and never had a problem.

6. dragafem

hmmm..when needed...vaccination does not cure the problem just make the symptoms disappear for a while...and later u need stronger and stronger shots....

7. rbaggio

rbaggio Active Member Silver Stacker

I was vaccinated when I was a kid, so was my wife, and all of my siblings and hers.

None of us are autistic, and consequently never had to catch the special bus to school/uni/work.

So I will (and have been) vaccinating our first child, she's 12 months now. She is happy and healthy.

I'm sure there are some cases of bad reactions to vaccines, however IMO these are the exception rather than the rule.

I can only speak from experience.

8. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Is there a vaccine for zombie forum posts to stop them rising from the dead?

9. dragafem

true,true...I was vaccinated back in the days some years ago before there were no cell phones :) and yes Im prefer myself as healthy as an OX :) but that comes with lifestyle,diet too...now,these days who knows whats in the vaccination and how they changed it thru the years...there is gotta be a reason why more and more parents choose not to vaccinate...I just went thru on my vaccination list from back in the days..what we got in that time lets say in ten years(hypothetically speaking) these youngster are getting them in a couple of years and always some new ones coming out....hmmm..too many of us on this planet?

10. willrocks

Back in the day there were a lot less vaccines. For starters they didn't have vaccine at birth for hep-b and from what I can gather it's the same dose as an adult.

11. dragafem

that is one thing worries me-same doses-why? and hep-b? they dont have sex yet :D

12. willrocks

Even if you're a ardent supporter of vaccines, that first hep-b vaccine at birth is entirely unnecessary unless someone in your family has hep-b.

13. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Most of the books and articles that I have read that are anti infant vaccination were written by nurses.

14. dragafem

I was waiting on yr comment :)..care to share those articles?

15. AngloSaxon

AngloSaxon Active Member

That is because it is the same virus you face as a child who skins their knee on a playground as an adult engaged in risky practices.

16. AngloSaxon

AngloSaxon Active Member

Care to explain why you think that given vaccinations are weakened examples of viruses that kill or incapacitate. Vaccinations prevent problems, usually diseases that have no cure when you get them. Perhaps if there were still vast numbers of people living with disablement due to polio infection, people would be more accepting.

I think you mean innoculations? Like the tetanus booster you need to have every 7 years.

17. willrocks

Both of which a newborn infant has a statistically insignificant chance of happening. There's no reason to give the hep-b vaccine at birth, why not wait 12 months?

18. AngloSaxon

AngloSaxon Active Member

My newborn has her 1st and 2nd Hepatitis B vaccination. Once she has the Hep A too she and we don't need to worry about it until she's an adult, probably. I'm vaccinated.

Given the internatinal Hepatitis B Foundation lists a high risk group for transmission as "Partners or individuals living in close household contact with an infected person" and not all adults are vaccinated, why would any parent want to worry about that???? Given mum can get Hep B from a tattoo or various things on a Thai holiday, and pass that on, why would you take that risk??

http://www.hepb.org/hepb/transmission.htm

A family member has recurrent facial coldsores from the months after birth, transmitted by their parent. They have to live that inconvenience their whole life. Think about that.

19. willrocks

1. Like I said, the only real risk is if a parent or immediate family member has hep-b.
    2. What have cold sores got to do with hep-b. Is there even a vaccine for cold sores?
    3. There are significant risks giving vaccines to infants.
    4. It's questionable that they protect against hep-b until adulthood.

20. Lovey80

Lovey80 Well-Known Member

2. Maybe completely coincidental but I used to get cold sores as a child and one occasion they turned into a very bad case of school sores. It was horrific. I had the Twinrix vaccination at about 21 and haven't even had a hint of a sore since.

I'm open to leaving a lot of vaccinations of children until they are a little older though.