FS 1oz Perth Mint Gold Certicard

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand (Public)' started by Carloc, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Silver_Dealar

Silver_Dealar Member

No-one's given him negative feedback yet?

2. harry_mr

harry_mr Active Member

Unfortunately once trust has been broken everyone gets a little edgy.
    Escrow is another level of security that could be used but that adds an additional cost and delay and you may as well buy from a reputable dealer and pay their premiums.

3. bubblebobble2

bubblebobble2 Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

I don't think He cares about his feedback now

Silver_Dealar and Beyond like this.
  4. Golden Monkey

Golden Monkey Active Member Silver Stacker

Update on THE GOLDGATE SAGA!!

-Carlos says he has no money to refund anyone.
    -He has claimed he has contacted and started a police investigation regarding his purchase of the bar which is a total fabrication as i have been dealing with the police on this matter and they confirmed they have not had any such contact with Carlos. Now Carlos has retracted his claim after getting caught out again.

- He is wanting to send me a small quantity of 1oz silver and a payment plan over the next few weeks AWESOME right. He also would like me to send the bar to him so he can take it up with police.

If i release the bar to him he may on sell to someone else (BAD)and i lose my evidence of his fraudulent activities(ALSO BAD)

I have no trust in the guy!!

Thoughts guys???

5. billybob888

billybob888 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

cant trust anything he says

6. dragafem

dragafem Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

definitely dont send the bar back even upon receiving full refund. if you get full refund destroy that bar.that is the best you could do.dont accept anything less than 50% plus the rest in payments if it goes down that way.I would not take any other goods from him.

I gotta say I hate(I dont like to use this word) to see that members knowingly/unknowingly trying to "destroy" the integrity and trustworthiness of this community and I fully understand the doubts in new members because of cases like this.

Midastouchofgold, Nedsnotdead and GF like this.
  7. Soprano16

Soprano16 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Carloc created a thread here about 2 weeks ago, had heaps of pictures and thousands of dollars worth of Perth Mint boxed Lunars, gold lunars etc

He was wanting to sell it all in one lot. I saw the pics, and I am certain it is all real and nothing fake

Get him to give you 2k worth of that stuff, if he claims to not have cash

https://www.silverstackers.com/foru...sale-perth-mint-collectibles-rare-sets.85978/

No way this stuff is fake, and no way he sold it all in one lot

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  8. Beyond

Beyond Well-Known Member

dont trust him

Midastouchofgold likes this.
  9. SilverTounge15

SilverTounge15 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

because the pics he put up in that lot are screenshots they are probably just pics from the internet...

BenKenobi, Yappy and leo25 like this.
  10. ausau

ausau Active Member Silver Stacker

From gumtree and are for sale in Perth

SilverTounge15 likes this.
  11. whinfell

whinfell Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

12. leo25

leo25 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yea all the photos of the lunar coins he put up are from gumtree from someone in Western Australia. This Carloc guy is not to be trusted and should be locked up. What a scum bag.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  13. Soprano16

Soprano16 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Oh wow, GM you should take note of this and provide this to the police too. Now we know for sure it's not a one off instance and their is all of this proof

Geez, part of me was optimistic about this whole saga, but Carloc you are a deadset piece of shit, and I hope you get locked up for this

GM, I hope you give all of this information, along with his known phone numbers, bank details, addresses etc to the police. Surely they cannot ignore all of this evidence, and for something of this scale I'd be interested to know if we as a community can all do something to provide a petition/create a case to the police to get this asshole locked up

14. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

It stuns me that the Perth Mint does nothing while eBay Australia facilitates this kind of crime.

1for1 and Nedsnotdead like this.
  15. madaw1

madaw1 Well-Known Member

It doesn't stun me anymore on the contrary--a few years back I've lost few hundreds on Ebay buying gold coin form the gay with over 100 positive feedbacks. Unfortunately I didn't use Paypal so I wasn't able to get refund.Ebay said that was my problem ,didn't provide any help/ for privacy reason/ even the name of the gay or his contact which the police wanted to know. They simply don't care if you loose as long as they can make profit. The society changing very rapidly for worse and we all must be very vigilant when doing any kind of business or transaction/with precious metal as well/.

Shaddam IV likes this.
  16. Yappy

Yappy New Member

GM I highly doubt the offer 1oz's and the payment plan is real, see if you can get it though.
    Also I doubt the cops will do much.. I bloody feel for ya mate

17. Davros10

Davros10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Sultan Pepper and BenKenobi like this.
  18. Jayden

Jayden Active Member Silver Stacker

Hey guys, someone contacted me on gumtree and I'm the owner of the two ads with the series 1 and 2 lunars. I had someone named "carlo" contact me about 1-2 weeks ago wanting to purchase all the items from both ads. Long story short, he changed his original offer significantly and lowballed hard due to "a friend" claiming they were worth the second offer. I told him nope and goodbye and now it seems someone named "carlos" (funny that) has gone ahead and done this. I can guarantee that all the products I have are genuine and are obtained from either the mint, bullion businesses or repudiable ebay sellers. If anyone wishes for me to prove that I am the owner of the pieces on the ads, feel free to message me on the gumtree ad or contact me on 0426952494 (Australian number if anyone is international, don't know because I'm new here sorry) and I'm more than happy to organise a time to talk on the phone, FaceTime or video chat about anything. Or if anyone needs a police statement to validate I am not this person and the owner of these items, happy to do so as well.

I've done deals with a lot of people in the US in the past and scammers like this guy ruin it for everybody. I'm sorry to who ever was screwed over by carlo/carlos, hopefully karma will bite him harder than he can chew.

19. BenKenobi

BenKenobi Well-Known Member

I hope for your sake Jayden you are not tarnished by this, you may be entwined into a perception of guilt by association by the very wary, regardless of the fact you may be a total stranger to Carloc and a true innocent victim, and how, other than by say so, could you prove otherwise? That's the problem with the internet, you can be anyone, from anywhere, as Carlos has already proven on a number of occasions it would seem.

Developed Criminal fronts use Gumtree and ebay with fences stretching across the country, its an online criminal sales network if one wants it to be and Australia Post is the Mule.

It is truly a shame for your introduction to the forum to be borne in such a fashion as this. I wish it was different, but its been my experience that precious metals, despite shiny, due to the shine though that the shit shows up so much.

I am both saddened and angered for the effect such scum has on the innocent parties like GM, it does make me so very agitated. The only plus I see is that the sooner they show themselves and are identified, the sooner we can recover and get on with it. Like a melt in my furnace, the crap is floated away, leaving the more refined noble material behind.

20. kiona

kiona Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Thanks for joining and posting Jayden. I'm sorry it couldn't be under more positive circumstances.

For me, pieces of the puzzle are beginning to fall into place and a picture is forming. Here's a possibility... hunt Gumtree and elsewhere for suitable items, establish a lowball price with the seller, copy the pics and post them here. Wait until someone buzzes, then go buy the item from Gumtree seller and post item to the SS purchaser. All works fine until two gold bars turn out to be fake.