FS 1oz Perth Mint Gold Certicard

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand (Public)' started by Carloc, Aug 30, 2017.

1. BenKenobi

BenKenobi Well-Known Member

one thing I cannot abide is deceit, profiting from the demise of others, that's about as low as you can go as a stacker. If you cant be upfront about your lie to begin with and admit fault, then still refuse a refund to an innocent party now that you have been sprung, where is your decency, honour and humility Carloc???. I am disgusted. Its been 8 days since the sale, and far, far too long in my book.

Unlike Silverbandit007 for me your credentials will NEVER be reinstated, you have brought deliberate dishonour to the forum, it is unforgivable. I have some very strong words buzzing around my mind regarding this matter and the seller, I best leave it there I think.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Bear Metal

Bear Metal Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I was working out a deal with Carloc regarding his 1oz bars swap for 1oz coins, but due to his limited feedback I insisted he post first and I would send him the coins immediately express once all tested as silver. He kept hesitating, saying he wanted us to both send on the same day, wouldn't reply for a while, then come back for another go and ask to send on the same day. He couldn't trust my feedback (over 200 in less than 2 yearso_O). And if he did send first he would have had his coins well before I ended the deal (kept back and fro for 2 weeks) I suspected something fishy so declined and politely removed myself from the bargaining table.

It may have been a genuine trade but I suspect it may have not.

3. Bullion_ron

Bullion_ron Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

yeah I did, was just compressing and uploading images. Apologies for the terrible photos, giving FP a run for his money...

I am comfortable in saying the 10oz lunars are legit. Sigma reads true for .9999 with both the large wand and the main sensor. Weight is about right, but the scale I had to use isn't the best and I am in the process of ordering another.

The only things I didn't do is a specific gravity test or an acid test. After the results I got, I don't think I need to either.

Silverbandit007 likes this.
  4. kiona

kiona Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Thanks B_Ron, it's good to know that they've tested okay. Perhaps it's just the gold bars that are dodgy. I'll post results of my gold chain as soon as I have any info.

Golden Monkey and Groges like this.
  5. leo25

leo25 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Coins with detailed designs are much harder to fake and for silver coins i wouldn't worry. If they where fake you could spot it visually with ease. I've never seen a good silver coin fake, the closest was the ASE and even that wasn't great.

6. Bullion_ron

At this point, it does seem isolated to the Perth Mint certies and if buying and selling jewellry is your thing, I would recommend investing in an acid test kit and quality stone. You can test with negligable damage to the piece, and it's pretty accurate for gold. The silver solution does lose efficacy over time, but you can extend its lifespan by keeping it out of sunlight

7. Golden Monkey

Golden Monkey Active Member Silver Stacker

Is this Carlos?
    Some people here have met him for FTF?
    He has given a different address to everyone i have talked to.

8. Bullion_ron

Dude not cool. Public forum, go through a mod first

Golden Monkey likes this.
  9. Golden Monkey

Golden Monkey Active Member Silver Stacker

Sorted

10. bubblebobble2

bubblebobble2 Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

11. bubblebobble2

bubblebobble2 Administrator Staff Member Silver Stacker

I guess it's now official... a witch hunt

12. SilverTounge15

SilverTounge15 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Dear Mods... I have his mobile phone number if needed msg me

BenKenobi likes this.
  13. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

The mods aren't here for that
    This has happened a couple of times in the past & I've called for a public lynching once or twice
    Go to the police

GF likes this.
  14. SilverTounge15

Well that's what i imagined they would be doing and if in doing so they need that information then i have it, just trying to help in what way i can.....

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  15. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

As Bear Metal said, that bar looks way too thick for 1 oz.

16. SilverTounge15

Well owner then...

I really think we need help from above on such things...

even if it is rules of engagement for future transactions

idk but i am angry about this, i love stackers and i dont want it to fall apart which it will if things like this arent resolved

Sultan Pepper and kezza26 like this.
  17. JOHNLGALT

JOHNLGALT Well-Known Member

Looks like the Mods have given the Flick-pass on this one.
    NICE ONE.JPG

18. Soprano16

Soprano16 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Not sure what you expect the owners/mods to do? They clearly separate themselves from this exact scenario in the T&C's outlined on the forum and when joining up here

Basically like saying if someone got shafted on Facebook buy swap and sell then Zuckerberg should step in and fix it

They're providing us the platform, but the onus falls on the user's

Feel like we're beating a dead horse with a stick now - GM, Yuri and anyone else impacted need to speak to those who have helpful information, and either take it to the police or into their own hands...

Name, number, address, bank details, that's more than enough to get things moving

In terms of changing rules etc you can't redefine the way things are done here just because of one bad instance, as much as that sucks for the buyers in this scenario. Hundreds of successful trades are done every month here.

Perhaps we can look at creating some sort of donation/kitty to those impacted here, but we need to see how this pans out first. In the meantime, be vigilant in choosing who you deal with, use the feedback ratings here and speak to others who have dealt with the person you're potentially going to buy from to see how they went and if a seller shows any symptoms of concern than back out.

It's a shame that one bad egg can have this sort of impact but 99% of the members here are fantastic people so I hope any new users in particular won't be too turned off from this ordeal

GM and Yuri, it's in your hands now, and anyone that can help here absolutely will, but it's time to get proactive and get in touch with Carlos, through any means necessary

Good Luck

19. SilverTounge15

You know what guys.... You are right it is in the T&C's

I retract my statement, Im sure we all find it frustrating and I am bit of a fighter when it comes to such things, Im really furious about this and I guess i would like us to have some sort of protection but thats the nature of the site and we just need to take responsibility ourselves and be more vigilant in future...

I apologize to any Mods, i thought you guys were paid and part of the ownership and not volunteers, you guys have to make a living and dedicate your time for free to help with this fine community....

I have met so many helpful and intelligent people through this site and i appreciate all that the mods do, especially now i know they are doing it for free and if they are doing it for free im sure they dont have access to all the information i thought they would....

20. Bear Metal

Bear Metal Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

GM and Yuripuka, a little info to chase it up.

This is a civil matter so you can make a civil complaint and go through the small claims tribunal.

-Get screens shots of the sales thread as proof he intentionally sold fake bars claiming to be genuine.

-Get further tests to confirm they are fake with proof.

-Talk with the admin to gather personal info on Carloc including the link between the person and the username, as much detail as possible.

-Contact his bank and file a report with them regarding the issue.

-File a report with the police. Ask their advice on how to follow up, most likely with Perth Mint. MAKE SURE YOU GET A REFERENCE NUMBER (ensure they actually make a report).

-Talk to a small claims laywer to write a formal letter to Carlo explaining that you will sue him if he doesn't repay. They will also help you get all the info to link Carloc to the actual person through silverstackers. (May cost a few hundred though).

-Contact Perth Mint explaining what has happened with all details etc including police report, this is fraud of their product and they should take it quite seriously. They most likely will take it up with the police as he is selling more than one, this will then become a CRIMINAL matter in which the police can press charges. Fraud is not taken lightly in Australia.

-The fact he knowingly on sold fake bars it is fraud even if he unknowingly bought them. And the proof is in his sales thread.

-He may come to his senses and repay before it gets too serious. Also he might go into a payment plan.

Hope this information helps. I think Perth Mint need to be notified although they may have the bars confiscated from the police if they choose to prosecute.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017