FS 1oz Perth Mint Gold Certicard

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand (Public)' started by Carloc, Aug 30, 2017.

1. BenKenobi

BenKenobi Well-Known Member

the basic principle is called drop-shipping Kiona, and a very common business practice nowadays with the internet as a sales/purchase network.

Midastouchofgold likes this.
  2. StewyD32

StewyD32 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Kiona. I hope you are not jumping to conclusions that Jayden is selling fake bars now.
    If you are please read his ad as they are all lunar coins and not PM bars.

I think everyone needs to take a break on this apart from the parties involved.

3. kiona

kiona Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

@ Stewy, I think you misunderstood my post. What BenKenobi said... drop-shipping... that's what I meant.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
    GF and BenKenobi like this.
  4. BenKenobi

Where Has Kiona inferred that in the post??

5. StewyD32

StewyD32 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Sorry took that too literal. :)

BenKenobi likes this.
  6. kiona

kiona Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I think Jayden is an unknowing party to this whole issue. And while drop-shipping is not at all an ethical practice for a community such as this forum, I don't yet know for sure that Carlo was intending to scam everyone. I think more just a lazy way to try and make some quick cash. And it all went horribly wrong.

Midastouchofgold and GF like this.
  7. Jayden

Jayden Active Member Silver Stacker

Yeah I've heard of some dodgy people all over gumtree, selling off stolen/fake goods as such. It's going to be even worse now with untrackable crypto currencies being more accepted by a lot of people, especially criminals.

Even though the community here on the forum seems pretty tight (close together and with trustworthy people) it's a shame when someone like this slips through the cracks and raises everyone's paranoia.

I honestly had no idea this was happening if it wasn't for the person to message me on gumtree.

SilvaMozzie and kiona like this.
  8. Davros10

Davros10 Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'm glad you found out. It's probably better than blissful ignorance.

If your stuff is still for sale, you'd find a knowledgeable market here.

May be able to turn this to your favour and make the best of the situation.

kiona likes this.
  9. Beyond

Beyond Well-Known Member

important is how the jayden can Identify he is not carlo?

10. Jayden

Jayden Active Member Silver Stacker

Well for one, I doubt Carlo or what ever his name is, would put his phone number up for people to contact him. Neither would he offer for them to video chat him and to reveal his facial identify if he scammed. That's just walking past a police station after you robbed a bank, it's not gonna happen.

Look I am who I am and If you wish to believe otherwise, that's your choice. if I really was Carlo and I just scammed someone over $1600, I wouldn't be sticking around and risking getting caught, not to mention giving out personal info.

I understand why you would question my identity, but I'm seriously new here and being accused of being a scammer or somebody I'm not isn't exactly a comforting thought.

My info is there so if you anyone wishes to contact me or get to know me, that's your choice. I'm more than happy to provide ID, bank details (if that's what he was paid to), my facial identify, my Instagram with dozens of international and several Aussie references.

Believe what you want, it's not really my problem. I'm just some dude from gumtree who posted an ad to sell some lunars. I didn't ask for drama and fraud.

hyphenated, leo25, Groges and 3 others like this.
  11. WSF

WSF Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Probably better off selling your sweet coins on here anyways... beats gumtree

12. GF

GF Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Good on you Jayden. I remember Chip used to post pics with his name in the image...I'm going to start doing that so the image can't be flogged.

13. Diggsy

Diggsy Member Silver Stacker

This may be of some help, through my own personal experience about eight years ago I was conned for the price (I paid by direct debit)of a 1 oz Perth Mint ceritcard though ebay that never arrived the sleaze bag give me a false tracking number and all sorts of excuses. Long story short I reported it to the NSW police fraud squad. I had to supplied them with a detailed statement, proof of my payment into their bank account and their account details, copies of all correspondence I had with the seller and they took it from there the Police eventually tracked them down though the Bank account details and bingo they arrested the sleaze bag for fraud, She was dealt with though the NSW courts was fined $2500 and had to make restitution . As it turned out it was a woman that lived in Parramatta. It took time but it was successful. ebay didn't want to know about it, my Bank was useless but the Police took it very seriously. So don't give up honesty will win out in the end.

14. BenKenobi

It has been my experience with my financial institution regarding direct transfers, that after an EFT has been done, the Bank needs permission from the payee to reverse the transaction back to the payer. Unbelievable, even with evidence of fraud.

I ended up getting a letter back from the bank about 6 weeks later. It was blatantly rude to the point of actually saying We "the Bank" cannot be bothered taking any further action in the particular case, and then saying something like "suck it up"
    I had the letter, and phoned the bank regarding their response and its unprofessional manner of terminologies and action, surprise, surprise, they could not find any such record of that letter ever been written anywhere in their system.

After that my insurances, and mortgage were transferred to a different institution, dumped them like the sacks of manure they were, you should have seen the look on the face of the manager when they asked me WHY?? My response was curt, as was their letter. NAB if anyone's interested.

With this in mind stackers be very cautious regarding direct transfers, your bank is useless regarding recovery of funds from fraudulent transactions paid by direct EFT. Honesty and smooth transactions require two honourable and reasonable entities, a payer and payee.

Its a pain in the arse for sure, but unless you act even upon small indiscretions where fraud is committed the individual continues to operate with free range, and the next person is taken for a ride as well. I followed through, the seller was harassed (sorry, I meant questioned) by QLD police, and had their sales pages shut down. I caused as much disruption to their lives as possible, sometimes that's all you get, but it was very satisfying.

Toad64, kiona and Golden Monkey like this.
  15. Bear Metal

Bear Metal Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Great work Diggsy!!! GM and Yuri (and any other affected parties) please follow this up, we need to rid society of these people.

16. Skyrocket

Skyrocket Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Most gold PM certicards sold on ebay are fake.

17. JOHNLGALT

JOHNLGALT Well-Known Member

As they say on Zero Hedge - Posted with no comment.

POSTED.jpg

18. yuripuka

yuripuka Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Hi All.

Update on fake 1oz gold bar.

I took a road trip to Melbourne and visited the friendly people at Goldstackers.

They were quite impressed with the bar and brought out an authentic one for comparison.

The fake packaging was better than Perth mint, the the bar sat better, with no rattling around in the capsule and it was about twice as thick as the real one.

Pity it wasn't real gold.

Here is the XRF result.

20170908_143824.jpg

Stay tuned for further developments.

19. Acorn

Acorn Well-Known Member

Any developments on this one?

20. Golden Monkey

Golden Monkey Active Member Silver Stacker

I have not received any payment from Carloc he is apparently saving the money up so he can process a refund.It is a waiting game at the moment.