Centrelink system does'nt work.

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by TheEnd, Sep 13, 2013.

1. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Has anyone been called a NAZI yet?

2. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Well what about when I rang the job agency today to ask how the job was going and the woman tells me to stop ringing her and asking....Here I am trying to do the right thing and be interested and applicable and then I get told to go away.

3. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

How many times did you ring her?

4. boston

boston Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

@ TheEnd, the reality is that you probably won't have any joy through either the job agency or centerlink. Best to find other avenues of searching for employment.

In my particular case, many years ago, my girlfriend (now wife) made me lunch, gave me a drink and I went walkabout knocking on factory doors, warehouses etc. Starting at 7.00 AM and walked the whole day. It eventually paid off!

Good luck.

5. col0016

col0016 Active Member

How many times has been called a dole bludger?

6. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

I left my last job of nearly ten years because it was too repetitive and my back was getting sore everyday......I had some money in the bank so I took a months break then bought a ute to do courier work.....That didn't pay off and the running costs alone were $300 a week......I lost the job because they were too hard on their drivers...... I also went thru some personal stress and had a medical certificate for about 3months.......

I sold the ute at a loss and it cost me more money to get it roadworthied also so the whole courier experience was very bad....

I now have to go back on the tools and use my trade skills which is a very hard trade and its hard on your back.......All I can do is apply for jobs online and sit and wait for responses.

I'll just say also that everyone I speak to says things are tight and no one has any spare money.....One job agency told me on Friday that they are seeing a lot of redundencies coming thru....

There are more jobs advertised on internet than a few months ago but I think business's are being very cautious...... Some are saying it will be months before the Liberals changes start to take effect and the economy improves.

I waited a week to here back about a supposed job with Toyota and then they turned around and said they wer'nt going to hire anymore people yet......I don't bloody know the whole economies screwed up as far as I can tell.

7. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

TheEnd I hope that you find something soon, it's clear that you want to be working and not on the dole, just put one foot in front of the other and take whatever you can find and simply regard it as a small first step on the way to a job that you are happy with, or, if you are game, your own business.

8. sammysilver

sammysilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

$30 a day - luxury. When I was a boy, we use to dream of .......

9. fosinator

fosinator Member

TheEnd, I wish you luck in finding employment.I remember years ago breaking my back and going on centrelink( may have been CES back then). My wife worked full time and I rember getting $60 a F/N.I used to whinge "jeez doesnt even cover my smokes" however I was young then and had no concept who was paying for my benefits. I do now.You need to keep trying no matter what, it almost seems that you have already given up.There are alot of good ideas on this thread.
    Certainly I'm not in your position but start each day waking up early (which you may already do) and hitching a lift to the nearest town to look for work.(That said,I have no idea how far from town you are.)
    Great idea from Silver pauper.
    And look to do anything, not just what suits you. Good luck.

10. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Ye i'm on internet all the time applying for jobs but it takes time for them to respond.....Its also quite hard having been out of the Diesel trade for 10 yrs so it would be a challenge top get back into it......If I have to do mechanics work that's just what I have to do....I have no choice.

11. Big A.D.

Big A.D. Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Seriously?

How about using your Job Network's printer to run off some flyers saying "LOCAL DIESEL MECHANIC WANTS WORK. BY THE HOUR OR BY THE WEEK. PH THEEND ON 0412 345 678" and putting them up around town. Tell shopkeepers you just don't want to be a dole bludger and you'll find plenty of people who'll be happy to let you put the flyers in their shop windows.

F*** the Liberals and f*** the Labor party that came before them. They're just politicians, not gods who come down from the heavens to create productive tasks to employ us mortal humans that keep us in beer and WiFi. They can only influence conditions and only to a certain extent and then hope that people go out and create opportunities for themselves.

12. Big A.D.

Big A.D. Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

13. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

Just had a phone call for Skilled Engineering....Got an appointment at 8.00 am tmrw morning......I cant wait!

The hardest part is all the driving around for interviews all over my side of town.......it costs fuel money.

14. CriticalSilver

CriticalSilver New Member Silver Stacker

Wrong. The hardest part is getting and then retaining a job, taking responsibility for yourself, committing to a partner and raising a family and realising that there is more to your responsibilities than just your own sorry arse.

15. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

A billion Chinese cant be wrong surely?

16. Chillidog

Chillidog New Member Silver Stacker

Good luck champion :)
    Hope you get the job. Keep your head up don't listen to the knockers.
    A positive attitude will take you a long way.

17. scone

scone Active Member Silver Stacker

a diesel fitter that cant find work, now I have heard it all.

This whole thread reads that you want someone else to find you a job you want, not desperately need. You have a trade, a good 1 and your not using it.

I am also a fitter (6 yrs retired from the trade) and work is everywhere for us. Get out and have a go instead of crying on forums.
    Or better still, pay an oz and use the Rant of The Day thread in members seeing thats all we have here :rolleyes:

I also know there is a few people here that are employers, has your approach that its to hard got you any responses from them?

18. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

The problem for me is that I have actually been out of the trade for 10 yrs.....Going back to it will be a big challenge......The transport industry is always moving though so there probably is always work within it.......If I have to go back to the trade that's just what I have to do, I have no other choice.

I'm applying for at least two jobs per day and going for interveiws/appointments here and there so that's good.

19. wrcmad

wrcmad Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I'm not judging your situation, but this would ring alarm bells for me as an employer!
    If I was recruiting and had this information, I would not even consider the application.

20. renovator

renovator Well-Known Member

amen to to that .as an employer for many years if i heard that i would politely decline your application . The end do not write that or tell any prospective employers .Be positive tell them what they want to hear & nod your head aggreeingly to everything they say . Make out nothings a problem ....until it is :)