Centrelink system does'nt work.

Discussion in 'Markets & Economies' started by TheEnd, Sep 13, 2013.

1. REDBEARDS TREASURE

REDBEARDS TREASURE New Member

The other possible ending is that before TheEnd has not earned enough Fiat to be financially independent of his DOLE (govt assistance payment). The government finds out that TheEnd is doing jobs under the table and cuts off his DOLE (govt assistance payment) and prosecute him to full extent of the law to make an example of him. TheEnd ends up with a criminal record further reducing his chances of future employment all thanks to the Silver Pauper encouraging TheEnd to work under the table....

2. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

What SP was describing is not illegal (thank goodness) up until the point he gets an "official" job with pay slips etc or he's effectively running his own business (with receipts, invoices etc) at which point no centrelink payments can be claimed. The early phases of doing what SP described is not "work under the table".

3. Silver Pauper

Silver Pauper Member

This is my last piece of advice to TheEnd...

Stop looking for a job and start looking for work.

And I never once condoned doing anything illegal, that never ends well.

4. Old Codger

Old Codger Active Member Silver Stacker

"Stop looking for a job and start looking for work."

BINGO!

5. systematic

systematic Well-Known Member

Part of the reason the economy is failing is because there are way too many people in jobs sitting behind desks expecting someone else to "work" and be productive ...

6. systematic

[​IMG]
    source:internet

This is Rob, he has a job and is on a six figure salary. There is a meeting at 2 o clock, so he will bring a clipboard because appearances are important. He needs to email someone to get off their arse and do some work and cut another tree down to make more paper so he can take some notes. His job is to come up with an answer why GDP is down. He has made a career out of it.

7. Austacker

Austacker Active Member

I know a LOT of people this is especially relevant too. I cannot see any of them actually adding the value they are paid, to the company they work for. They are well and truly a liability and not an asset.

Sorry OT

8. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Don't worry TheEnd. If you get a job in the country then the government will give you $6000 to take the edge off the slow slide into debt that living on the dole in the country offers. Pity you're not pregnant, you could get a widescreen television.

Really guys, he's been open and honest about his circumstance and it's true, the UB provides enough to prevent starving, and barely enough to assist a return to work - if there's work there and motivation. He seems to have the latter and not the former. Lighten up.

So TheEnd I'm with the advice to move to WA and the mining zone while you're still young enough to adapt and enjoy life. And the comment to think about how to get work and not a 'job' is the best advice here.

Spoken as a late baby boomer who had it easy!

9. systematic

[​IMG]

Welcome to the financial system. Its a Ponzi scheme not a pyramid scheme but its "legal" as long as you dont look at the fine print. There are plenty of jobs where you dont have to work and get paid with lots of money printed out of thin air in exchange for real goods and services, so get in quick....

10. willrocks

willrocks Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Sad thing is that Rob is not unique. Some people I work with are on $200K and literally do nothing for it.

11. Byron

Byron Guest

Generally middle and upper management. All about appearances, very little actual work.

12. Byron

Byron Guest

Boomers have contributed to a large extent to the unemployment/underemployment situation because they are staying in the workforce far, far longer than they should. Or if in the public service collecting their big fat defined benefits super and going back to work on contracts (with their mates giving them jobs) - double dipping which hurts the younger generations.

Once they all drop out of the workforce hopefully the situation will improve.

13. Silverthorn

Silverthorn Well-Known Member

poor old boomers can't take a trick. they're either spending the kids inheritence, going on the pension to send us broke or staying in the workforce too long and causing unemployment. :p

14. fiatphoney

fiatphoney New Member

I meant to say Slow Easy and Comfortable SEC which was the real name for the State Electricity Commission in Victoria.
    The State Electricity Commission of Victoria (SECV) was established in 1921 to supply electricity to Victoria. This role continued until 1993 when it was disaggregated into generation, transmission and distribution companies that were further split and privatised in the mid to late 90's. Party pooper Jeffrey Gibb Kennett.

The fact is that the most academically challenged, dropped on the head as a baby, boomers could walk into great jobs (social/sleep zones) buy a house AND have mum look after the home. Just as long as you didn't mess your foreman around and get everything done by morning tea you had a job for life. People enjoyed playing card games alot at work then, just as it has become digitised solitaire now. I have seen people bring their own mattresses to work even in the nineties in NSW. Mechanics used their wheelie trolleys and tied their hands over the axle/whatever to sleep on the job.

Today the cushy jobs (unions and labour benefit) have been substituted with cushy tricky taxation perks("hard working people"sic and liberal benefit), and you'll find those that send the unemployed on the biggest guilt trip have their snout in deep. Oh what a tragedy to cut novated car leases! There is just enough info posted on this thread that I could... well I restrain myself. I knows the perks ;) oink oink.

It's really simple, get rid of centrelink, open cheap land, deal with financial services industry ie tax the monoliths into oblivion until they become community owned credit unions and member owned associations (like NRMA insurance was), cheap house construction boom, foster backyard gardens for self-sufficiency for the underemployed, and issue container houses on said land for poor people with a shovel and seeds. Now dig or die. If they misbehave remove them and container to Canberra with the rest of the conniving bludgers. Over fifty and unemployed or disability pension, join a seniors community area and provide home grown food and help for the senior seniors(aged care)/disabled awaiting your turn for free care. No pensions, no dole, no tricky tax loops like neg gearing and no fiat money printing. Just a return to community and away from corporations. Of course there are a few other reforms on trade etc. needed. Necessities such as clothes - a local community sewing guild with govt provided raw materials if need be. Etc, etc.

15. Old Codger

"poor old boomers can take a trick. they're either spending the kids inheritence, going on the pension to send us broke or staying in the workforce too long and causing unemployment"

Come the revolution, this will be solved with a brick wall and an AK47.

OC

16. bordsilver

bordsilver Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Yeah, boomers are to blame because they have no skills of any real value and just fill jobs that the young people with real skills could do. Worse, they collude among themselves to keep the young useful people out of the workforce even though they know we could do their jobs with ease (probably because they know we could do their jobs). Useless buggers the lot of them.

This country only has 11,648,300 jobs and for every one of those jobs filled by a useless oldie means one less job for the enterprising youngsters that can Tweet three times as fast (at least!) and can spell LOL. Selfish ageist bastards don't know when to sit on their arse in retirement playing golf because the next generation can easily support both their pension and our lifestyles and this country would be a much better place (as long as we don't let in any of those woggy towel-headed spicky coconut dotheaded froggy limey chink yanks, cause they'll just want to rob and kill us decent folk and take one of the 11,648,300 jobs to boot).

Smash the glass ceiling!

17. Old Codger

18. JulieW

JulieW Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Sometimes I despair at this younger generation.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN5zw04WxCc[/youtube]

Won't Get Fooled Again:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYMD_W_r3Fg[/youtube]

19. TheEnd

TheEnd Well-Known Member

I am waiting to here back about two jobs today....I am ready to start as soon as they will let me......I want to work......I just think 'the system' is so screwed now it will never be fixed....

Plus I've had to deal with all the stress of 'world financial collapse' that all you fuckers keep talking about.....I fricken blew to 20k on a stack of pms that depreciated to half there original cost and now you all say i'm a bludger.

I worked hard for that money and now its all gone....

20. scone

scone Active Member Silver Stacker

cry me a river.