APMEX Confirmed 100%!!!

Discussion in 'Silver Coins' started by barsenault, May 21, 2014.

1. Justfishin

Justfishin New Member

For all of you worried about milk spots and who dont want to put them into airtites (not really feasible for bulk) , simply put a small dessicant packet in the top of each tube--have 12 tubes of 2014 maples--all in perfect shape.

2. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

From what I understand, milk spots are not caused by exposure to air so milk spots can appear even if you have desiccant with the coins.

3. Justfishin

Justfishin New Member

Exposure to air does not cause milk spots as they are caused by the minting procedure. They are however greatly accelerated by exposure to air and humidity. Thus putting a dessicant packet in sealed tubes is a prudent preventative measure.

4. Nabullion Dynamite

Nabullion Dynamite Active Member

Maybe I am retarded and don't understand how it works but I thought that ungraded coins were ungraded because they were a lower grade. I thought mint rolls were ungraded coins that were not perfect enough to be graded. Then again I never really bought collector coins. A good thing to know!

5. mmissinglink

mmissinglink Active Member

Ungraded coins are just that...ungraded. Has nothing to do with the quality of the strike. It's no different than comic books...those that are not graded are not necessarily in bad or worse condition than those that were sent in to be graded.

The purpose of grading is to get an objective, expert opinion on the condition (and authenticity) of a coin. Not all grading companies have the same level of qualified experts for all the different types of coins and medals on the market.

For example, people who own Chinese coins and medals and want them authenticated and graded usually turn to NGC.