2014 Perth Mint Crocs are blemished??

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Torcan, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

All Ive seen is one video that shows coins mainly damaged in transit. The same video has been posted on kitcomm.

This does not equal the internet being flooded with complaints.

Just fyi I have 550 of these. I have also confirmed with my scumbag ripoff merchant Aussie dealer that they will gladly exchange them for any other product I may wish to get instead if internet rumours and urban legends gain traction. It pays to have a good relationship with dealers rather than posting about what collective scum you believe them to be.

As far as insults go you win hands down with your attacks on Australian dealers and their trading ethics.

2. iluvbeanz

iluvbeanz Member

Miloman, just give up the argument mate. You've made you point already, no need to further add fuel to the fire. Your argument on the cost does hold some water, but perhaps that's more suited for a different topic. This thread is more about blemishes, dings, and milk spots.

I'm saying this from someone that has received nearly all bad condition coins, and most tube seals broken. Even though I'm complaining about my specific case, I don't think everyone was unlucky as I was. It seems like most people that have ordered from the two largest US dealers (APMEX and Provident) were the only ones shafted, but if you ordered locally from Australia, your coins will be good (although just not perfect).

So before you continue your rant about cost and quality, just crack open one of your tubes to see for yourself. I'm willing to bet yours are not nearly as bad as mine, seeing how we bought them from different regions. If cost is a bigger factor, then vote with your wallet.

3. SpacePete

SpacePete Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

One day in the future, old-timers will whisper stories of the great 2014 Crocpocalypse to young stackers. Then they'll take a sip from their state-approved low-alcohol beer-like beverage and look wistfull as they silently recall this golden age of stacking before the great purge of 2019.

4. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

:lol:

5. Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy New Member

I'm glad I finally contributed something worthy of inclusion into the SS Secret Archives and Aussie jargon! That's a lofty achievement for a Yank and a personal best for me. BTW---The great purge of 2019 will be when the Chinese take over the world and make stacking anything other than their plated fakes (sold @ $15 over spot) illegal and punishable by summary execution... I jumped to 2020 in my NZM tardis and checked it out.

6. 10ozhound

10ozhound Active Member

In a similar vein to the crocs and not really warranting its own thread for now, but I need to acquire 2 great white sharks 1/2 oz coins.

Fielding PMs.

7. DanielM

DanielM Active Member Silver Stacker

Put up a wtb

8. raven

raven Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I won't have anything with a wrinkly old reptile on it either...... ;)

9. iluvbeanz

iluvbeanz Member

Which side of the coin are you referring to? :lol:

10. DanielM

DanielM Active Member Silver Stacker

the side? edge

11. HOWUDN

HOWUDN Member

Just received my crocs from goldstackers and they are amazing to say the least could not be happier no issues with them at all they look so cool. I guess when posting tubes it is up to the sender to pack them properly thats not the fault of the maker there are many things I have received from overseas and interstate with poor packing doesn't mean I can blame the manufacturer.

12. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

I blame the manufacturer because they are responsible for the tubes which should be strong enough and better designed so the contents dont come out when being mailed.

Dealers shouldnt have to go to extra lengths to safely pack and send them apart from normal bubblewrap type and box you would get wrapped around a roll of coins or bars.There are dealers overseas either not shipping tubes (APMEX shipping 25s in individual flips), and a UK seller who prefers to crack seals and insert packing in top of tubes before shipping and asks customers to contact them first if insisting on unbroken seals.

Provident may have some grumpy customers if they dont improve their packaging due to their no returns policy. Its the only one Ive seen amongst sellers so far.

13. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

Gainesville doesn't allow for returns of bullion coins regardless of whether the damage is their fault.

14. Justfishin

Justfishin New Member

I ordered 2 tubes from Apmex---both came in tubes and were in perfect shape

15. silvermed

silvermed New Member

I've seen some unboxing videos on youtube and they look amazing. I'm going to need to grab some shortly, as the premiums are mighty attractive.

16. Torcan

Torcan New Member Silver Stacker

now I understand why the Crocs are blemished :)

[​IMG]