2014 Perth Mint Crocs are blemished??

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Torcan, Jun 12, 2014.

1. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Member

While I do agree that they should be mint fresh and without major blemishes, as shown in the pic a page or so ago. With that stated, there have been a few times that I purchased tube silver and they did show contact marks and other blemishes. In that sense, if you buy govt silver that is sold in tubes inside boxes, you can't really expect "70" coins. If I want better struck and blemish free bullion coins, I'll buy pandas, lunars, kooks, etc that come in individual capsules from the mint and then complain if they're not in awesome shape.

I was ranting because nothing irks me more than people that complain about being "ripped off" when in fact, all they really are is a damn crybaby.

2. Danny-boy

Danny-boy New Member

So am I a "crybaby" because I bought a coin that has spots and dents, when the advertised picture shows a perfect coin?

If that's the picture, that's what I assume I am buying. I don't care if it's "bullion", it's a legal tender coin that has arrived with dents and spots. If that happened in any other walk of life, people would be up in arms, as they are here.

Describe it as seconds, or dented with spots, or even a realistic photo and I'll make a decision based on that.

My crocs were not half as bad as some I have seen pictured, and I still feel I have been short changed.

I think the main issue lies with past history. When I buy maples / Noah's / Somali elephants, I know there is a chance they are spotted. I'm sure it's not beyond comprehension that people thought that these coins, bullion grade or not, from the Perth Mint would be perfect, as they usually are.

3. PeacePeople

PeacePeople Member

Were you complaining about the dealer's profits on these coins? My point was directed at somebody else directly on here, and a few others that chimed in...

I understand being disappointed in the quality, did you ask the dealer you bought it from to rectify the situation? I'd start there as opposed to on here.

4. iceblue

iceblue Well-Known Member

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oezUUt7tgrE[/youtube]

Provident covering their ass', only need to see around the 2 min mark.

Also know a bloke who ordered 25oz from apmex - he got 25 in coin flips.

5. dccpa

dccpa Active Member

Apmex picks through the coins and don't count on Provident to take anything back, no matter how shoddy the packaging.

6. barsenault

barsenault Well-Known Member

The great thing about APMEX is they take bullion coins back...I'd be shipping those bad boys back. Stay away from the croc...it's a croc. LOL. Stick with what works. Kooks, Koala, and Lunars. And if you want Crocs...just know it will be a bullion coin...if spot goes up 5, this coin will go up 5...if spot goes down 5, then this will go down 5...in my mind it is a pure bullion...that will have issues with dents, blemishes, dings, scratches, spots, marks, lines, all of the above. :)

7. Silverthorn

Silverthorn Well-Known Member

They look the goods to me. Cheaper than ASE and Maples at the dealer I go to. Nice design. I've only been collecting a few silver lunars in recent years, plus gold coins, due to space constraints but these are tempting.

Hope they keep a static design to keep the price down..

8. ego2spare

ego2spare Well-Known Member

this is weird, did perth mint put alot of effort into making the first couple thousand coins perfect and then not give a crap after a while. cos i would count all of my crocs MS68-69.

9. spannermonkey

spannermonkey Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

10. Aureus

Aureus Active Member Silver Stacker

I can't believe we're even talking about this. Bullion round, get what you pay for, end of discussion.
    Want a quality coin buy a kook, koala, lunar or panda - you can have a cry if you get any of those in bad shape.

These are not a semi numismatic coin, they shouldn't attract any aftermarket premium, they're for stackers who want an alternative to bars. The Perth Mint shouldn't even bother catering to this audience, just comes back to bite them in the ass it seems.

11. Miloman

Miloman Active Member Silver Stacker

s
    What crap. $4+ over spot in wholesale, you must be kidding me.

Rounds are cheaper and better quality.

Cut the crap and suck it up sunshine, the truth hurts and it ain't pretty.

A clearly substandard product from a apparently prestigious "PERTH MINT" and from rip off coin dealers who mope and whine how they arent making enough yet are importing them from overseas dealers cause they are raking it in. They are gouging Aussie buyers pure and simple.

I haven't seen rounds that are this bad, ever. Many coins look like they've been put through a blender.

How they could stuff it up this badly and the tube is just beyond me.

12. Aureus

I'm not the one that has any crap to cut, bullion round = bullion quality. These things would have been pressed at an astonishing rate.
    I think going forward the mint should just concentrate on high quality coins and bars.

These bullion rounds are just going to hurt their reputation because people are too dumb to see them for what they are. I mean really, people are slabbing these things, what is the world coming to...

13. alor

alor Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

they are going to pay more than $12.50 in slab :lol:

14. Miloman

Miloman Active Member Silver Stacker

Bullion "quality", you can't use the word quality to begin to describe these coins. That's an oxymoron and rather ironic.

Secondly they are the LOWEST WORST item I have ever seen produced, there was ZERO quality control. Bullion rounds are a milllion times better.

What part of "looks like they've come out of a blender" didn't you get?

(bullion quality... what a bunch of crap, try blender bang the crap up quality with a tube that too big, a "security seal" that ain't)

BLENDER quality for over $4 AUD over spot in WHOLESALE.

Do you work for the mint or have any secondary gain or agenda? Somethings up here...

15. silver kook

silver kook Active Member

I got 10 crocs from Goldstackers last week and they were all in great condition.

16. Aureus

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdofmoYcJNE[/youtube]

17. Audeamus

Audeamus Member

I have told you a thousand times not to exaggerate Miloman....;)

18. Eureka Moments

Eureka Moments Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

@Miloman, how many of these do you own? Bugger all I reckon.

Which leaves the question of what is your agenda?

19. whinfell

whinfell Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Miloman - how about posting some photos of your crocs so we can see what they're like?

20. Silverthorn

Silverthorn Well-Known Member

Hopefully not. If I were them I'd ditch the koala and crank out these to meet whatever demand there is. If they had these years ago I'd never would have bothered with ten ounce bars, kooks and lunars.