$2000 to $500,000 with penny miners.

Discussion in 'Stocks & Derivatives' started by Wy So Lo, Mar 20, 2016.

1. southerncross

southerncross Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Came across this one today AVL:ASX , Vanadium battery's , They may well in future give Lithium a run for their money in the Home storage or Business solutions in a variety of situations. single phase input BUT three phase output, with some really hefty amounts of storage. Way too heavy for EV's but if a business needed three phase as many do, it would be way cheaper than running the infrastructure for three phase power requirements. Early days yet, but many mines and remote property's run a huge generator that cost's in diesel and is not put to full capacity, one of these setups could cut their fuel bill in half easily.
    One to keep an eye on and still very cheap for now at .012c .

2. LovingtheSilver

LovingtheSilver Active Member Silver Stacker

^definitely one to get for long term hold. They have the mine with a great Va resource, plan to build electrolyte plant and the retail arm of vsun. Lithium will remain for vehicles and portables but Vanadium or Zinc Bromide for home/business storage.
    Their Vanadium deposit runs outside of their current tenement, put in an application a while back to obtain neighbouring tenement. Should provide a small bump up after that if approved.

3. southerncross

Thanks for the additional info there LTS, Might have to do a bit more research on this mob, I'm not in yet but think I will be, I love the single phase in, three phase out aspect of this tech, remote mining and stations in the outback will love it, surely the price will come down for the units over time as well.
    Cheers. :)

4. Wy So Lo

Wy So Lo New Member

If lead disappears for batteries, what future for silver miners, confirms my view on things. Up till today i had no idea that vanadium was or could be used in batteries, unless i am getting alzheimers . Thanks all for the ideas.

5. southerncross

Lead is Dead WSL Lead is DEAD so far as battery's go now. Silver is still needed though, big time. Are you on Hot Copper WSL ? or any of the other ASX chat sites ?

Silver will come good for sure as it is intrinsically linked to Gold but and a big but, if your aim is to make some big money from the share market then you need to tap into
    what information is available, and it is freely available every day. Gold and Silver is manipulated though and it's rise will be managed to the benefit of not only Bankers but Country's as well.

I am in the fortunate (well not really) position that I am basically physically incapacitated so all I get to do is read all day...and often all night.
    But even a couple of hours each day of research can open a world of information that literally 98% of the people you see each day, not speak to, but physically see
    do not know or take account of.
    Try this next time you go to work, or a pub or whatever.

Ask them about Lithium or Vanadium and batteries.

Ask them about Gold or Silver ( I'm sure your already onto this but ask them anyway).

Ask them about what they think they will be driving in ten years, Electric or Fuel vehicles.

I bet you a hundred bucks or two Oz of silver right now less than 2 out of 10 will know just WTF you are on about. (Not your friends, but just the average Joe or Jane)

Right there you are 90% ahead of the Herd.

I remember a post of yours saying that the example I posted about PIO and that the return was INSANE, I agree, but for me , it was even better than what I posted just as an example and looks to be even better yet.

It was not through any genius on my part though, it was purely through watching others who have done the same thing time after time and bit of research on my own part. It doesn't always pan out that way but more often than not, it does. I am still yet to lose it all following that practice. And I have learned it from others.

You do not have to sit all day watching and reading, you just have to read a bit and take heed of what is working at this point in time for others.

Just as an example for you I put a heap of money into Gold and Silver and Oil when I came into some cash back a few years now, Oil was on the up and Gold and Silver were very low at the time, what I thought was rock bottom. But I knew nothing about trading at all, ZERO. Gold and Silver dropped, Oil went Fubar and I lost a heap of money as Aussie mines went into caretaker mode and their value went to even less than their assets. Shit you can probably still go back and look at what I was harping on about back then on old threads. Don't bother just look at Oil alone.

The only one that came good was BGS which was the only one I held onto, got in at half a cent back then thanks to VRS and still hold to over 30 cents today with a lot more upside to go.
    But I learned my lesson upon the way. Don't take it for granted that just Gold Or Silver will get you there.

I also bought over 100 ounces of Gold and well over 1000 ounces of Silver around the same time, Think that investment has done me any good over the last five or six years ? No It hasn't. I have sold a lot of it for less than I paid as many members here who got it can attest to, just ask around.

I only offer advice here as I have your best interest at heart, I used to literally dig holes for a living and scraped from week to week to pay rent and power etc, I know what it is like to look at your kids and tell them that you can't afford something like new shoes or a new school bag at the beginning of the year or wonder how you are going to stretch the budget for a birthday party and so on, I've been there and done it.

My post's here are not aimed at those who can afford to place some spare cash into another Company, but to those who have a bit they can take a chance with to build some wealth for their future, or to get themselves ahead in life, maybe build a house deposit or turn a lazy couple of grand into ten or twenty and then some more.

You can take them or leave them, but as I have said earlier there are plenty of good people here on SS who would like nothing more than to make millionaires of us all and are all to happy to help out.

6. Wy So Lo

Wy So Lo New Member

SC i did sign up to hotcopper but my approval never reached my email, so i cant log in. I still get updates to my inbox so i know i typed in the correct adderss.
    I like yourself am confined to the house. I went from good income to zero in 1 day. i will eventually be fine but at the moment i am worse than a basket case. I am still slightly optimistic at times but other times, no. Anyway i do a fair bit of research, but i am always happy to learn. I will catch you tomorrow and have a chat.

7. ParanoidAndroid

ParanoidAndroid Well-Known Member

Thanks for all your info etc SC. I'm pretty new at all this. Given the bit of a hammmering my portfolio got yesterday, and the hammeri g gold got overnight. In your mind is this one of thos times to take profits, sell out and buy in at a later and lower price. Mind you my stocks are some purely gold miner which I'm expe ting to get smashed, while others are a mix of gold and lithium as suggested on here. If we're heading for a major downturn wont that also affect the Lithium guys?

8. southerncross

Depends if you can sit it out till they come good again, or think you can get in lower than your initial buy price.
    Lithium is not a get rich quick thing, though you can. But getting in on the ground floor now of a solid company will give some huge returns over the next few years and turn cents into dollars. A crash will affect everything but it will also send Gold and Silver up so concentrate on those that have a mix of both and you should do alright.

9. ParanoidAndroid

ParanoidAndroid Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advice.

That's pretty much what I'm focusing on for the time being.

Thanks for taking the time to post all that info for those of us that dont have the spare time to do too much reading up.

Cheers

10. olifrated

olifrated Active Member Silver Stacker

My bell direct account has been approved so am looking to buy today / tomorrow gonna throw a $3k over 3 different stocks
    It's all opinions but who to go with ........ Been on hc today and yesterday and there is a lot of talk about xpe and 88e ....... Anyone have anything good or bad to say about these

11. VRS

VRS Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Non-lithium: XPE, MDC, NSL
    Lithium: PIO, BGS, ADV

XPE gets my thumbs up - especially compared to IOT
    88e - I don't know enough about em, sorry.

12. Wy So Lo

Wy So Lo New Member

I have no real opinion on those two. I focus on micro miners rather than energy so i am no help, sorry. Charts look good though.. Wish you all the best with your portfolio.

13. Wy So Lo

Wy So Lo New Member

Is it not interesting that lead, zinc and silver, all mined from the same deposit are used in storage batteries. I was not aware that there was such a thing as a zinc bromide battery. Was going to top up the account yesterday and grab another stock, but my money has not showed up. I am still waiting on another cheque that is overdue. Always something getting in the way of progress.
    SC Australian Vanadium and similar leading tech companies make people rich in the worst financial environments, and in favorable markets do even better. I will do a quick decision when my money comes through. I will probably hold my current position for now, unless i get a lightning bolt moment.

14. Caput Lupinum

Caput Lupinum Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

88E is formally Tangiers. Oil explorer who are currently drilling in Alaska or Canada or something. A while back they made a fuss about drilling off the coast of Morocco and turned up nothing. I lost a bit cash on them but there was another guy on here that lost a good chunk of cash on them. If you search Tangiers on here you you'll find more.

15. Wy So Lo

Wy So Lo New Member

Account took a bit of a hit today with the metals price getting hammered. It has rebounded well to close, so that shows fair strength.

16. scrooged

scrooged New Member

Don't do it unless you want to join me at the gates of hell.

I have reverse Midas Touch, every spec I touch turns to shit.

From CommSec Health Dept.

"Your largest share holding in CUL makes up more than 40% of your total share portfolio. This concentration could increase the volatility of your portfolio as a whole. You may want to review the size of this holding to make sure you are comfortable with this level of exposure".

Easy come easy go. :|

17. Sid

Sid Member

Anyone watching Emerald Resources (EMR).

They have negotiated a 51% stake in Renaissance minerals Okvau gold project by funding the DFS for the development of the deposit.

Started drilling to add to the currently defined 1.3Moz resource estimate.

$18million cash in the bank and a proven gold development team known for delivering projects on time and within budget.

Possible long term buy.

DYOR

18. olifrated

olifrated Active Member Silver Stacker

Just a quick question how long does it take for funds to show up in your bell direct trading account ...... Bank transfer
    Don't worry just shown up

19. finicky

finicky Well-Known Member Silver Stacker

Scrooged, the chart of the gush of effluent you mentioned looks a little hopeful for a rally with the volume surge, small candles, and rounding low. Comsec Heath Dept is right re concentration.
    4x dilution of shareholders over decade.
    No cash, prior to 200m new shares issued at .003 in May.
    Recent announcement, 'positioned for Lithium exploration', lol

20. scrooged

scrooged New Member

If you get a spare chance, can you take a squiz at BYR please Finicky?